Publix Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Deli Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Hickory, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

It was for a new store, interviewed at the conventional center. A lot of role playing, and just asked a few questions on customer service skills and the amount of experience I had in customer service

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to handle a difficult customer and how did I make the experience into a positive experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Charlotte, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with the store and department managers. They were very nice to speak with and provided a good understanding of the job and expectations. They are looking for dedicated employees who are willing to work hard and to be dependable.

Anonymous Employee in Holly Hill, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Holly Hill, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I sat in the office with the store's assistant manager and the deli manager. I was very nervous but they both had a good sense of humor and broke the ice. They asked me a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit at this store?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Franklin, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was short - I have a feeling they were desperate to hire. However it took a little over a month for them to run the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience.   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

After applying in store, maybe over a month later I get called for an in person interview. The interview went well. I was only asked a few question. It was mainly the store manager telling me about the position, company culture and the Publix mission, day to day around the store, etc. I got a job offer on the spot, then had orientation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Just personal stuff, like the general tell me about yourself question and hobbies   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary, but I know a few people who did and got what they asked for

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied at the store & got a call that afternoon. The interview was with the store manager. It lasted nearly an hour but was very easy. The manager basically spent the entire time talking about the company & the benefits of working there. The assistant store manager joined in the interview towards the end & he just talked about his own experiance working for publix. It honestly felt like they were trying to talk me into working there.

Interview Questions

• There was a personality quiz that was part of the application process but other than that they honestly didn't ask me any questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Saint Augustine, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short and easy. I was asked several questions about my previous jobs and why I left them. At the time, mass hiring was being completed, so my interview was held at a hotel with several managers conducting interviews at the same time. This was somewhat distracting as other managers were asking questions beside and behind me. However, the manager who interviewed me made eye contact throughout the whole interview and made me feel at ease with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you are honest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Venice, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

interview was well done, easy questions, got hirred on site based on my qualifications, drug test done on site, presentation is important, NOT all the benefits were explained, ex: 1500 hours of work, 1year of work to get the basic. not 90 days like most companies, this will make a difference in your decision to work or NOT to work for the Publix

Interview Questions

• why do you want to wor for us ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix (Cleveland, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through in-store kiosk. Received a call little more than a week later. Had 2 interviews (first with general manager, second with assistant manager of deli department). They called me two days later to offer job as Produce clerk and schedule a mouth swab drug test/get info for background check.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview was with general manager, then there was a followup interview with the deli manager. The second interview she just said hello and said I was hired.