Publix Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

1.8

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Being told to come in to meet manager on one day, come in that day and time but told to come back next day because busy. Happened for about a week.

Interview Questions

• So you know (the person's name here)?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix in June 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the deli manager. She asked me a couple of questions from a binder, and then told me that i'd get another call if they needed me.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Really easy, basic beginner job questions, promises of opportunity until you get your foot in the door, then they screw you over after working as hard as you can for them for almost two years

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

If you get an interview amd can pass a drug test you have the job. Very basic, be upbeat and want to work. This isn't just a job for many of the workers its our bread and butter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Decatur, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

Straightforward interview with simple generic questions. The manager was friendly and welcoming. He took time to tell me about himself and the company and gave me time to ask questions if I had any.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in store. Called to interview a week later. I had my first interview then a week later I had my second interview. Both one on one interviews. About another week later to do my drug test. About a month long process.

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Hickory, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

It was for a new store, interviewed at the conventional center. A lot of role playing, and just asked a few questions on customer service skills and the amount of experience I had in customer service

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to handle a difficult customer and how did I make the experience into a positive experience?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

After applying in store, maybe over a month later I get called for an in person interview. The interview went well. I was only asked a few question. It was mainly the store manager telling me about the position, company culture and the Publix mission, day to day around the store, etc. I got a job offer on the spot, then had orientation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Just personal stuff, like the general tell me about yourself question and hobbies   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary, but I know a few people who did and got what they asked for

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix (Cleveland, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through in-store kiosk. Received a call little more than a week later. Had 2 interviews (first with general manager, second with assistant manager of deli department). They called me two days later to offer job as Produce clerk and schedule a mouth swab drug test/get info for background check.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied at the store & got a call that afternoon. The interview was with the store manager. It lasted nearly an hour but was very easy. The manager basically spent the entire time talking about the company & the benefits of working there. The assistant store manager joined in the interview towards the end & he just talked about his own experiance working for publix. It honestly felt like they were trying to talk me into working there.

Interview Questions

• There was a personality quiz that was part of the application process but other than that they honestly didn't ask me any questions during the interview.   Answer Question