Publix Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Deli Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Hickory, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

It was for a new store, interviewed at the conventional center. A lot of role playing, and just asked a few questions on customer service skills and the amount of experience I had in customer service

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to handle a difficult customer and how did I make the experience into a positive experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

After applying in store, maybe over a month later I get called for an in person interview. The interview went well. I was only asked a few question. It was mainly the store manager telling me about the position, company culture and the Publix mission, day to day around the store, etc. I got a job offer on the spot, then had orientation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Just personal stuff, like the general tell me about yourself question and hobbies   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary, but I know a few people who did and got what they asked for

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix (Cleveland, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through in-store kiosk. Received a call little more than a week later. Had 2 interviews (first with general manager, second with assistant manager of deli department). They called me two days later to offer job as Produce clerk and schedule a mouth swab drug test/get info for background check.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied at the store & got a call that afternoon. The interview was with the store manager. It lasted nearly an hour but was very easy. The manager basically spent the entire time talking about the company & the benefits of working there. The assistant store manager joined in the interview towards the end & he just talked about his own experiance working for publix. It honestly felt like they were trying to talk me into working there.

Interview Questions

• There was a personality quiz that was part of the application process but other than that they honestly didn't ask me any questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

First interview was a group interview, had to play out a skit of bad customer service. I got a call back for a one-on-one!! That one was more personal. I talked about myself and what I wanted in a career. I explained my situation of my current job.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Saint Augustine, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short and easy. I was asked several questions about my previous jobs and why I left them. At the time, mass hiring was being completed, so my interview was held at a hotel with several managers conducting interviews at the same time. This was somewhat distracting as other managers were asking questions beside and behind me. However, the manager who interviewed me made eye contact throughout the whole interview and made me feel at ease with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you are honest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Holly Hill, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Holly Hill, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked 3 questions and they hired me on the spot. I was relocating from Tallahassee and the manager fell in love with my son. I was then called back 4 days later for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for publix   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Once you have applied in the store's computer, you need to make sure to refresh your application before the 30 days expire. I did this for about 6 months before I was called for the interview. At the interview, the manager was very professional and direct about the job expectations and the starting pay rate, which is non negotiable and standard for every new hire. The process was easy and I was offered a job the same day. Thank you!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Cumming, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall process took about two weeks. First interview with Deli Manager was super quick (about 5 minutes maybe), just a few screening questions "availability, qualifications", etc.
    About a week later I went in for the second interview with the Store Manager who basically just described the job description in more detail, again super quick and easy. I did the drug test immediately after in the same office, a mouth swab.
    Another week after that I got called in for orientation and finally got on the floor the following week.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on staying with the company?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to stand for long periods of time with little breaks?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I applied for full-time at a different store but the only available position was part-time at a different location. I agreed to this because I had initially put $8.00/hr as my desired pay and they offered $9.50/hr.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview was with general manager, then there was a followup interview with the deli manager. The second interview she just said hello and said I was hired.