Publix Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

1.8

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

did not ask alot of open ended questions just got to know me and tried to see what worked best for me at this time. very helpful told me to come see him if my hbours were not enough has sttod by his request

Interview Questions

• he asked me where i lived only unexpected cause i wasnt sure why he wanted to know but understood after what i put on my application   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Deli Clerk Interview

Interview

It was easy for me to get into Publix because I already had a sister who worked there, and managers are more likely to call you if you're recommended by a current associate. The interview process was very simple - probably no more than 20 minutes. They told me about the job specifics, asked me why I was leaving my current job, etc.

Interview Questions

• The manager gave me a list of skills and asked me which one i thought was the most important. I chose "Customer Service skills" (which was the right answer) because Publix values customer service over everything.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Interview

Applied instore and revived a phone call a week later. Interview was done at a local store with the Store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a conflict with another team memeber   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Interview

Initial communication email, two interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your people experience.   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Took about a month got an interview contacted screening then job. The process was not that stressful although you have to wait for the drug screenig. Afterwards you have to attend orientation at a particular location. Learning about ths company and offers are quite interesting really care about associates.

Interview Questions

• How can you potentially up sell products in this environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay well no negotiation necessary.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix in September 2015.

Interview

I was called on a Wednesday for an interview and ended up having the interview the next day. The actual interview was really laid back. I interviewed with the assistant store manager, which is unusual but, it helped in the over process. He explained what Publix stood for and a few of the benifits they offer. After that he gave me the opportunity to get to know each other. Simple questions with simple answers. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I did not receive an offer that day but received one the next morning. I accepted and look forward to working with Publix!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As this is only my second job they would not negotiate with me. I gladly accepted their offer as any money is better than no money.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in September 2008.

Interview

filled out application. Manager called for a face to face interview. Took approx 5 mins accepted the position

Interview Questions

• what hours are you available to work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Auburn, AL) in June 2011.

Interview

The process for the interview at Publix was very straight forward and was only difficult if putting the drug testing strip in you mouth is hard to do. I was given some very basic questions to answer regarding my resume and I was done. Very painless process.

Interview Questions

• I think maybe the how much would you like to make question is the difficult one because it is hard to try and not sound greedy as it is just a grocery store.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Publix in May 2013.

Interview

I was called and scheduled for an interview the same day. I was asked pretty basic questions. Try to have all your work credentials available. Once they make a decision they move pretty fast.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Canton, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

You take a drug swab right there in store, then wait a week to get setup for orientation. Interview process is very informal with the store manager and department manager. Orientation is fun, but isn't what the company is really about. (Only the history of the company.) They will issue you shirts and aprons, but it's up to you to find pants and shoes. Some of the things not covered well enough are the 401k plan, medical benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple. They tell you what they're paying you and you accept.