Publix Front Service Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

1.7

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Just some basic questions about what you can offer the company, and how you will play a part of continuing to build the winning culture while providing premier customer service to all of our customers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Really short, to the point, walked in to customer services told I was here, the manager came took me to the computer room and asked the basic questions. Was offers the job that day, I accepted and I took my drug test the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Basically ask you questions about yourself and scenarios. They also tell you what to expect while working and tell you certain rules. and tell you how much you get paid. after they tell you to come back for a background check and drug test. after a few days they tell you if it was positive or negative. then they schedule you for orientation. which is on a Saturday. then after that you start working but before that you have to watch videos. then starting training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I filled out a form in-store. I contacted the manager in-person and they scheduled me for an interview then. I had one interview with the customer service manager, then a second with the store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Interview

The process took 1 week, I interviewd with the store manager and she went over the details of the job, the hours etc. Publix is a good place to start your career.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Dallas, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I initially went into the store and the customer service manager took me up to the offices and interviewed me for 20-30 minutes. I left and about a half hour later he called me back for an interview at 9:30am 2 days later. I went in to the interview and talked with the store manager, who gave me the job. After that I went back to the front service manager and he gave me a drug test. My mouth was so dry it took about 30 minutes to work. I'm excited to start working! Publix is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, which I was fine with. Starting for a front service clerk(bagger) is $1.25 above the minimum wage in Georgia, with a chance to earn .25 more cents every 6 months.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Applied via computer kiosk near customer service. A few weeks later, the store manager calls me, wanting to interview me in person. The manager in question was mildly intimidating, but approachable. Even asking about hobbies and was generally being encouraging, since this was my first interview.

Job was offered immediately after, with payment being minimum wage at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Greenville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in store on the kiosk. About three days later I received a call to come in for an interview with a customer service manager. It was really easy and more talking about the company than about me. Two days after my initial interview, I was called in for a second interview with the store manager. He talked to me for about 15 minutes and then offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Palm Harbor, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

My store manager basically told me his whole life story in 15 minutes to demonstrate to me that he wants elaborate answers to his questions not just yes or no. He then asked me to tell him about myself so I did what he did and told him my life story (family, hobbies, religion, school). Then he followed with a few basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Venice, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I already met the manager so the interview was fairly quick. He mainly asked about my availability and past work experience. He asked about school and future plans as well, mainly general things to get to know me better.
    ADVICE: Dress business casual...dress shoes, dress pants and polo tucked in with belt. Presentation is key! Maintain eye contact and try not to say "umm."

Interview Questions

• Am I comfortable being around lots of people?   1 Answer