Publix Front Service Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Front Service Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Interview

The process took 1 week, I interviewd with the store manager and she went over the details of the job, the hours etc. Publix is a good place to start your career.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Dallas, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I initially went into the store and the customer service manager took me up to the offices and interviewed me for 20-30 minutes. I left and about a half hour later he called me back for an interview at 9:30am 2 days later. I went in to the interview and talked with the store manager, who gave me the job. After that I went back to the front service manager and he gave me a drug test. My mouth was so dry it took about 30 minutes to work. I'm excited to start working! Publix is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, which I was fine with. Starting for a front service clerk(bagger) is $1.25 above the minimum wage in Georgia, with a chance to earn .25 more cents every 6 months.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Applied via computer kiosk near customer service. A few weeks later, the store manager calls me, wanting to interview me in person. The manager in question was mildly intimidating, but approachable. Even asking about hobbies and was generally being encouraging, since this was my first interview.

Job was offered immediately after, with payment being minimum wage at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Palm Harbor, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

My store manager basically told me his whole life story in 15 minutes to demonstrate to me that he wants elaborate answers to his questions not just yes or no. He then asked me to tell him about myself so I did what he did and told him my life story (family, hobbies, religion, school). Then he followed with a few basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Venice, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I already met the manager so the interview was fairly quick. He mainly asked about my availability and past work experience. He asked about school and future plans as well, mainly general things to get to know me better.
    ADVICE: Dress business casual...dress shoes, dress pants and polo tucked in with belt. Presentation is key! Maintain eye contact and try not to say "umm."

Interview Questions

• Am I comfortable being around lots of people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Leesburg, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple and about like every other interview that you might have. It was somewhat difficult, but not that hard. I did freeze up on some of the questions, because I didn't know how to answer them.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Went in for an interview and they had to reschedule for the next day. Came in the next day and was a simple interview for a summer job. Asked easy customer service questions about my experience that I had and they performed a drug test. Was offered the position before leaving.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I was referred by an employee who worked there at the time. They called me to set up an interview in the store. I sat down with the customer service manager and pretty much just talked to her about myself. She just wanted to see if I was friendly and if I was a people person. After the interview she did a mouth swab drug test. I received a phone call that same week saying I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Cape Coral, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called approximately two weeks after submitting my application via the kiosk in the front of a different store. I scheduled an interview with them the following week, which only took 15 minutes not including the time to drive there. The first interview was a rather open ended affair: I was asked descriptive questions about myself rather than situational questions like on the kiosk. After two days I was called again to come in for the follow up interview later that day. This second interview was essentially just the saliva test and filling out paperwork, while also allowing them to make copies of my drivers license and social security card for their records. I was offered the position and was told I would be called within the next week to inform me of my test results and to schedule my training on the nearest Saturday available. I believe I'll be called today according to the Team Leader's approximation, although I called yesterday for a progress report in order to show I was dedicated to the position

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Gainesville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I sat in a room with the Customer Service Manager and the Store Manager. The CSM asked me pretty basic interview questions, mainly wanted to know why I picked Publix, previous experience with customer service, what I would like to do at Publix, etc. The SM just sat and observed the interview.

Interview Questions

• You said you enjoy providing customer service, there are plenty of other places to do that, why did you pick Publix over them?   1 Answer