Publix Front Service Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Front Service Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in June 2008.

Interview

Very friendly, very basic personal questions. Actually kind of fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't try to negotiate. They can surely find someone to do it cheaper.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2010.

Interview

first, I went to the store and applied for a position. They took about 3 weeks to call me back on a wednesday for an interview. They first wanted me to do the interview that same Friday, but due to the early time they wanted me to come in, they rescheduled it to monday. The interview process was eay and straight to the point. The manager asked me questions such as why I left my last job, what makes me want to work for publix. Then he asked me details about all my other employers, and why I left each job. Then he proceeded to offer me the job. Immediately after this, he administered the drug screen. In about 3 days, they called me back to begin my training. Ever since then it has been golden.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unfortunatley, I did not nogociate. I am more of a go with the flow person, so I really didnt try to say their thoughts about my job skills.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Interview was very short. Very few questions were asked and I barely spoke. Manager only asked simple questions such as availability, willing to work for designated pay rate and gave a brief overview of what the job responsibilities would be. The manager did not go over much about the Publix culture and expectations. I was called by the Administrative Coordinator who set up an interview with about 3 days notice. The interview was scheduled at 5pm and did not begin until about 545pm. It lasted probably less than 3 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work nights/weekends/holidays?   Answer Question
    • Job requires constant customer interaction. Are you okay with this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate and would not recommend negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Columbia, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about two weeks after I put in my application. It was a pretty straight forward interview and not many questions were asked of me. I was informed the following week that the department I'd interviewed for had handed off my application to a department that they felt I would be better suited for. I had another interview and got the job.

Interview Questions

• What would be your example of premier customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the position and I took it on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

Applied at kiosk, and then introduced myself to the store manager and customer service manager. Told them both why I wanted the job and why they should hire me before getting an interview. I went back to the store several times to let them know I am still interested; there are a lot of applicants at Publix, so it is important to stand out from the crowd.

I got an interview, and it was really simple. Nothing difficult or unexpected; really easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Based off of my particular experience, they really just go strictly off of what you put on the application center. There's really no need to check up on it, because there's generally only one person that scopes out people to hire (usually being the manager of the particular departments you apply for), and if you try and check up on an application there's a good chance you won't be able to talk to that particular department manager, either them being busy or not being scheduled, plus they have a lot of others to look through, so it will do nothing. If they want you, they'll call you and tell you what location it is and what time to come in for an "interview" if you are still interested. After I applied, a couple of weeks later the customer service manager called me she did just this. I came in, waited for a couple of minutes, and she brought me over to a small office. She was nice, friendly, and got along with everyone, so I felt comfortable around her despite being the awkward person that I am. We sat down in said office, and she looked through a file with my application in it and was asking me about myself in regards to what was on my application and whatnot (where my last residence was, my future plans, where I was going to college, etc.), and just some basic stuff, as well as taken an under the tongue drug test she would have to send off. After basically just a conversation, she told me when I'd have my training and when she planned on having me start officially, as well as how much my starting pay would be. She took me over to the next office over and gave me a few sheets to sign and a couple of papers in regards to my training. Overall pretty laid back and didn't feel like an interview in a traditional sense.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Winter Haven, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

All my manager went into detail with me during my interview was how much I would get payed, my availability, details about my specific job position and he asked me how excited I was about working at Publix. I was surprised that there was not much to the interview and that he did not mind the fact that I was still in my school clothes either. Before that happened I had been applying at Publix ever since I was fifteen years old at one of those application kiosks. I always prayed and hoped that I would get a job and finally on September 22, 2012 I started working at Publix for my very first time.

Interview Questions

• How does $7.75 sound to you? This caught me by surprise because I did not expect to be offered the job right then and there.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No, I did not have a negotiation phase at my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

On the first interview you'll be interviewed by on of the lower managers of the store. They will ask you your 5 year plan, to tell them about yourself, and what you think the company means. On the second interview the store manager will ask you the same.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they asked me was what do I think good customer service is.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First Interview:
    Same-day call for same-day interview.
    Short, questionnaire-type first interview with store manager and related department managers.
    On-the-spot drug test and E-verify.
    Background check disclosure form.

Training/Orientation:
    Group sessions (paid), video lessons, hands-on training (in that order).

Questions:
    Why Publix?
    What would you do if...?
    Have you ever...? etc

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Front Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

The application takes place in-store and is done on a computer located near the front of the store. The application does take some time (about 45 minutes) and it remains in the system for about 6 months, but the application has to be renewed every 30 days to stay active. Got a call a few days later from a local store and I was offered an interview.

The interview itself was very laid-back and relaxed and it was, as other posters here have mentioned, like a normal conversation. They just want to get to know you and find out what your interests are.

After the interview, I got a call about 2-4 days later and was offered a job to work at Publix. The process to get actually hired does take about week, and most of it is the time taken for the drug results to come back in. After the drug results come back (the procedure is done by taking a collection sample of your saliva) and state you are drug-free then you will go to orientation and you will soon be working in-store.

Starting out is usually done with a manager supervising you to make sure everything is right. Most important thing about Publix is maintaining their high status of customer service; their slogan, "Where shopping is a pleasure," is kept to the highest standard here and you really need to make customers' shopping experiences a pleasure.

GOOD LUCK!

Interview Questions

• Was really just like having a normal conversation. Don't be too nervous about the interview. As long as you know who you are then you will be perfectly fine. If you don't know yourself then I suggest you follow the path of the main character in "Eat, Pray, Love" and find out who you are... kidding.   1 Answer

Negotiation

TAKE THE OFFER!