Publix Grocery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

1.8

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Panama City, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Did application on store computer. Was called within a week to come in and talk with store manager. Store manager was very friendly interview went great offered me a position and I agreed the next day.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Publix as a place to start a career.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Interview

The interview process will be fairly informal however you should dress professionally and be on time. You will typically interview with the store manager in addition to the department manager for the department you applied to. The questions you will get will be typical of most companies.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Publix?

2. How do you handle difficult customers or manager/co-workers?

3. What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by Store Manager and Grocery Manager. Very relaxed and informative. They both told me about themselves, and then I was asked to tell them about myself. They asked roughly 7 questions, but there was plenty of follow-ups and relaxed banter. They asked me to rank which positions I was most interested in, and they discussed the position in which they felt I would best fit.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest thing that you would bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself to be a person of high integrity?   Answer Question
    • How do you and would you handle conflict with another employee?   Answer Question
    • What all do you know about Publix?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bartow, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Bartow, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly quick, only got asked about 5-10 questions. Your resumé will do a lot of the speaking for you, I would seriously advice that you bring in a resumé.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Pensacola, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief, to the point. They look for honest hard working people, and open to anyone. Publix really encourages promoting within and always remind you there are many opportunities that you can take advantage of. It's really a career type job.

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Citrus Park, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was more like a homicide interrogation to be honest. The store manager not only belittled me from the start but was disrespectful and inconsiderate. I think I'll know the signs of companies to avoid from now on based on how loaded and cliche their interview questions are.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The store manager was a middle aged guy that always has an intimidating presence. It felt like I was being questioned as a suspect, overall fairly uncomfortable. He had a department manager in the interview as well, he was a nice guy that was a lot more level-headed than the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What career would you like to pursue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Cartersville, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview and stress free. Very nice grocery manager. Asked me my experiences and told me a little about himself as well. Made me feel welcome and that he was excited to have me on his team.

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Altamonte Springs, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very very simple. Just basic questions about my past work experiences. I had previous retail and receiving experiences. If I had ever worked for a grocery store before, if I could be on my feet for several hours and lift things upwards of 50 lbs.

The process took maybe 15 to 20 minutes and it was more like having a conversation than an actual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly lengthy application process. Applied at kiosk at front of store. Basic application and work history information needed then multiple tests, primarily situation questions on customer service and peer to peer interactions conflict resolution, etc. Interview was a breeze because of my work history.

Interview Questions

• So, you have a history of working in retail and stocking, UPCs, etc?   Answer Question