Publix Grocery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

1.7

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Pensacola, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief, to the point. They look for honest hard working people, and open to anyone. Publix really encourages promoting within and always remind you there are many opportunities that you can take advantage of. It's really a career type job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Citrus Park, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was more like a homicide interrogation to be honest. The store manager not only belittled me from the start but was disrespectful and inconsiderate. I think I'll know the signs of companies to avoid from now on based on how loaded and cliche their interview questions are.

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Cartersville, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview and stress free. Very nice grocery manager. Asked me my experiences and told me a little about himself as well. Made me feel welcome and that he was excited to have me on his team.

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Altamonte Springs, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very very simple. Just basic questions about my past work experiences. I had previous retail and receiving experiences. If I had ever worked for a grocery store before, if I could be on my feet for several hours and lift things upwards of 50 lbs.

The process took maybe 15 to 20 minutes and it was more like having a conversation than an actual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly lengthy application process. Applied at kiosk at front of store. Basic application and work history information needed then multiple tests, primarily situation questions on customer service and peer to peer interactions conflict resolution, etc. Interview was a breeze because of my work history.

Interview Questions

• So, you have a history of working in retail and stocking, UPCs, etc?   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied at one location in town at the in-store kiosk, since Publix has no online or paper application process, but another location called for an interview. Basically, given my background in grocery-related fields I wound up interviewing the assistant store manager since I was already hired at this point (all but the paperwork) and was really looking to see if they were a good fit for me. Saliva swab done next day. Started job day after then a 2-day orientation. Started actual work 3rd day.

Interview Questions

• They had no real questions related to my past experience because my resume, (which I brought with me) pretty much summed it all up. They did ask questions like, "What do you do in your free time, what are your interests?" Basically, high-school juvenile questions to tell if the elitist-clique in the office would get along with you.   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy. Walked in, filled out computer application, was called for interview within a few days. Interview questions were easy and straight forward. Some behavioral-style interview questions but mostly questions about background. They just want to get to know you. Publix does a great job at maintaining a friendly staff.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with people?   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The store manager and grocery manager asked several questions about why I wanted to work there and my commitment to the job. As this location is next to a college, a ton of people apply every week. The interviewers did make sure I could work for at least a year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?
      Can you work in a fast paced environment?
      Are you a quick learner?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

asked me about myself and why publix, asked about customer service and relations. I told them my goals for life nad he told me how he became manager. Yjen i met with the DM.

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Kissimmee, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy interview for part time position. More informational than technical. They just want to see if you can handle the workload. Very relaxed interview, depends on the manager but the position is very easy to understand so it wasn't too complicated. Took 2 weeks and had to attend an orientation and take a drug test.