Publix Grocery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

1.7

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Interview

The interview process will be fairly informal however you should dress professionally and be on time. You will typically interview with the store manager in addition to the department manager for the department you applied to. The questions you will get will be typical of most companies.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Publix?

2. How do you handle difficult customers or manager/co-workers?

3. What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by Store Manager and Grocery Manager. Very relaxed and informative. They both told me about themselves, and then I was asked to tell them about myself. They asked roughly 7 questions, but there was plenty of follow-ups and relaxed banter. They asked me to rank which positions I was most interested in, and they discussed the position in which they felt I would best fit.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest thing that you would bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself to be a person of high integrity?   Answer Question
    • How do you and would you handle conflict with another employee?   Answer Question
    • What all do you know about Publix?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Pensacola, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief, to the point. They look for honest hard working people, and open to anyone. Publix really encourages promoting within and always remind you there are many opportunities that you can take advantage of. It's really a career type job.

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Citrus Park, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was more like a homicide interrogation to be honest. The store manager not only belittled me from the start but was disrespectful and inconsiderate. I think I'll know the signs of companies to avoid from now on based on how loaded and cliche their interview questions are.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

The store manager was a middle aged guy that always has an intimidating presence. It felt like I was being questioned as a suspect, overall fairly uncomfortable. He had a department manager in the interview as well, he was a nice guy that was a lot more level-headed than the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What career would you like to pursue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Cartersville, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview and stress free. Very nice grocery manager. Asked me my experiences and told me a little about himself as well. Made me feel welcome and that he was excited to have me on his team.

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Altamonte Springs, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very very simple. Just basic questions about my past work experiences. I had previous retail and receiving experiences. If I had ever worked for a grocery store before, if I could be on my feet for several hours and lift things upwards of 50 lbs.

The process took maybe 15 to 20 minutes and it was more like having a conversation than an actual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly lengthy application process. Applied at kiosk at front of store. Basic application and work history information needed then multiple tests, primarily situation questions on customer service and peer to peer interactions conflict resolution, etc. Interview was a breeze because of my work history.

Interview Questions

• So, you have a history of working in retail and stocking, UPCs, etc?   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied at one location in town at the in-store kiosk, since Publix has no online or paper application process, but another location called for an interview. Basically, given my background in grocery-related fields I wound up interviewing the assistant store manager since I was already hired at this point (all but the paperwork) and was really looking to see if they were a good fit for me. Saliva swab done next day. Started job day after then a 2-day orientation. Started actual work 3rd day.

Interview Questions

• They had no real questions related to my past experience because my resume, (which I brought with me) pretty much summed it all up. They did ask questions like, "What do you do in your free time, what are your interests?" Basically, high-school juvenile questions to tell if the elitist-clique in the office would get along with you.   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy. Walked in, filled out computer application, was called for interview within a few days. Interview questions were easy and straight forward. Some behavioral-style interview questions but mostly questions about background. They just want to get to know you. Publix does a great job at maintaining a friendly staff.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with people?   5 Answers