Publix Grocery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Grocery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

1.6

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I filled out an application at one of their many in store computers. I was contacted less than a week later and set up an interview with the store manager. He was very friendly and asked very basic questions about my resume.

Negotiation

I was offered $8.50 based on experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Grocery Clerk Interview

Interview

We had to apply on a kiosk and where called in about 2 weeks later. They did a very quick interview in their office. Generally when they call you back you've got the job. Once I had the job we had to watch a bunch of safety videos and take a 6-8 hour course on a Sunday before we got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was actually pretty smooth and hardly felt like an interview. I was brought in to meet with the store manager, we sat down, went over how things ran in the grocery department (due to my prior grocery experience) and made some football references and that was it. Probably a 4 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Other than if I was willing to shave my beard, nothing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2009.

Interview

Very simple and not demanding. Extremely relaxed and easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fight for every penny up front

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

It was simple to go to Publix and applied for this positon, in just a few days they called me and even when I didn't took this call , send me a voice message, I got it and replied , gave me interview for that very day and was accepted , interviewr like to hear I'm willing to growth.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix in April 2010.

Interview

I called my brother and asked him to get me an interview. then the next day i got one. I sat down with the store manager in his office and he asked me a series of questions. Then he gave me a drug test and then told me i got the job

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer threw something at you, and cursed you out?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online at the first Publix store I worked at. The steps go like this.
    First you get a call asking if you are interested in the job still if so they set up an interview.
    Second you go to the interview they will ask you routine questions about the job you will be hired for as well as past experience. Third you will go through a drug screen and background check. And after that you're hired if everything checks out you are hired and start orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied at the in store kiosk and introduced myself to a manager. Told him I had just moved to Tennessee from Massachusetts and had 8 years of experience at Market Basket. He took down my name and number and called me back the next day for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Publix?   1 Answer
    • When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me they couldn't match my previous salary of $10.25, but I'd be up for a raise soon. So I accepted $9.50.

Apply in store, introduce yourself to a manager, be flexible with your availability.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Went in the managers office, talked for a bit about my availability and he told me he was looking to hire me asap once i interview with the store manager and he gets approval. Very easy, especially if you know someone working there it's almost a sure hire.

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Kissimmee, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy interview for part time position. More informational than technical. They just want to see if you can handle the workload. Very relaxed interview, depends on the manager but the position is very easy to understand so it wasn't too complicated. Took 2 weeks and had to attend an orientation and take a drug test.