Publix Industrial Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Went in to the distribution center for an interview. About 50/50 on the questions: asked a good mix of very very basic engineering/statistics questions and also added in a few quirky questions like 'name the last book you read' or 'tell me 5 words that friends would use to describe you'. Then they gave me a tour, and two weeks later, rejected me because someone else had more experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

The black hole of Publix HR sucks your resume and a ton of information in, but spits very little back out. You are at the complete mercy of HR throughout. "Don't call us; we'll call you" takes on a whole new dimension with this outfit. After finally getting hired, things smooth out somewhat, though. Beware that the hiring manager will tell you when you are offered the job that "the salary is not negotiable." Most of my fellow associates tried to get them to budge, but it's pretty much their final answer on the matter.

Interview Questions

• "Do you expect to make a career at Publix?" I now feel that this question is asked more out of a "how cheaply can we get this guy to come on board for?" than it is from a "how much of a Publix person do you think you are?" kind of qualifier.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations? Completely in favor of Publix. They claim not to negotiate on salary. There are no side benefits like paid cell phones or company vehicles, either (unless you are going for a VP position or higher), so don't bother asking.