Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service, Produce Clerk Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (High Point, NC).

Interview

It was on a job fair and they called me for an interview They were all very pleasant and congratulated me for making it to the second step which was the 1st interview. Just waiting on the second interview.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix in June 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the deli manager. She asked me a couple of questions from a binder, and then told me that i'd get another call if they needed me.

Produce Clerk, Stock Clerk, and Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I completed my on-line application at the University/Tuttle store in Sarasota Fl on 06/30/17. The kiosk directed me to the Customer Service desk as there were openings at this store. The representative at the counter told me that there were no openings in produce and told me they would retain my application on file for 30 days. Prior to applying, I was told by an employee to ask for the store manager after completing the application. I asked for the manager and was told he was on his break; he happened to be in line and he asked me how much produce experience I had, and I responded that I had 4 years experience. He also asked how many hours I was interested in working and I responded that I would like 24 hours weekly. He told me that he is very busy with the upcoming 4th of July weekend but would pull my application and contact me the following mid-week. I never heard from him.

Loader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in May 2017.

Interview

My interview was at 9:00 pm I was told to park and then walk to the building where they held interviews, after I got there I looked around but I couldn't find anyone then I noticed a sign on the door that says interviewers please come in. I signed in sat down in an empty room and waited until about 9:15 for my interview to begin. Basic job functions were gone over but the interviewer made it pretty clear that he didn't believe I had the knowledge or experience for the job and after walking around the loading area and observing I admitted it would be difficult and ideally that wasn't something I wanted to do long term.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

it was easy and fast. it lasted about an hour. seven questions. managers are easy to talk with. they call me the next day. and we had another interview couple days later. after two day, received the offer.

I T Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

3 interviews with long gaps in between. They didn't pay a dime to bring me in. If you want the chance, be ready to travel there on your own.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the same question multiple times because people were not listening to what their teammates already asked.   1 Answer

Warehouse Selector, Frozen Foods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was very basic! There were no curve ball questions. It started off with the HR manager explaining the details of the job description, pay, hours etc. Then he went on asking a series of questions, (maybe 8 questions) very easy. Why do you want to work for publix? What motivates you? Can you work nights, weekends, overtime? Do you have reliable transportation? etc. After he finished with the interview he asked did I have any questions; asked a few of my own. Later, he took me on a tour of the warehouse, finished touring then we came back to his office and talked a little more. Finished talking and he said I wouldn't know anything until next week because the employment office doesn't operate over the weekend considering today is a aThursday. He also said if I was selected it would be 2-3 weeks before I started. So I'm thinking maybe I got the job but then he was like " if you dont get the job just keep applying" That threw me for a loop! but considering the past interviews I've read most of the people offered took their drug test(mouth swob) during there 1st interview so I dont think I got the job. Overall, the interview was easy! I've had a total of 3 interviews (different positions) with Publix and this is the LAST one. I feel like I'm wasting time interviewing with them because each interview they always say " It will be 2-3 weeks before you hear anything" then that time rolls around I get the "Im sorry email" we're pursuing other canidates... or have me wait an entire month to send that email. I feel like they interview a select number a month just to put in on their tabs and then constantly post jobs in Dacula, Ga.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Decatur, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

Straightforward interview with simple generic questions. The manager was friendly and welcoming. He took time to tell me about himself and the company and gave me time to ask questions if I had any.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Columbia, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews for the Administrative Assistant to the District Manager(s). The first interview was with the regional manager. The second interview was with him again and one of the district managers that I would have worked for. It was between me and one other person. They asked most of your basic interview questions and basically wanted to know if I got along with all types of people.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and opportunities? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your school history. What do you do at your current job, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Training Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

The interviewing process was very drawn out. After completing the application, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview, they scheduled a second phone interview. A few days after the second phone interview, I received an email to schedule a home-based screening exercise. This exercise was a document with nine scenarios, and I had to develop training solutions or describe past experiences with similar scenarios. Then, a week or so later, I received an email to schedule on-site testing. During the on-site testing, I spent an entire work day at the corporate office completing various tests and tasks. The entire process took 4-6 weeks. After the onsite testing, I never received any other communication from the hiring manager. I had to continuously check back into the Publix application portal to see that I was not selected for the job. (This information was not available until 2-3 weeks after I completed all interview stages.)

Interview Questions

• What are our strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer