Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

1.9

825 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very professional and helpful. Did not receive an offer but the interview process was very thorough and I recommend Publix. As with all employers, prepare for the interview and you're likely to perform well during the interview.

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. The interviewer took all my nervousness away right away. She broke the ice by telling me a little bit of Information about herself. It really was the easiest interview I have everbeen on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Really short, to the point, walked in to customer services told I was here, the manager came took me to the computer room and asked the basic questions. Was offers the job that day, I accepted and I took my drug test the next day.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Interview

The interview process will be fairly informal however you should dress professionally and be on time. You will typically interview with the store manager in addition to the department manager for the department you applied to. The questions you will get will be typical of most companies.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Publix?

2. How do you handle difficult customers or manager/co-workers?

3. What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Interview

It's was short and simple. Walked inside the office , answered questions, filled out paperwork and then I was told that I was going to take a physical test prior to hiring.

Interview Questions

• What kind of person are you?   1 Answer

Bakery Interview

Interview

I filled out an application for the Bakery department at Publix Supermarkets. They had a building that is separate from their warehouses and corporate offices. It was no more than 2 weeks later they called me to come back for an interview. After my interview I told where to go get a drug screen. When my results came back I was scheduled for orientation with about 15 other new Publix employees.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by Store Manager and Grocery Manager. Very relaxed and informative. They both told me about themselves, and then I was asked to tell them about myself. They asked roughly 7 questions, but there was plenty of follow-ups and relaxed banter. They asked me to rank which positions I was most interested in, and they discussed the position in which they felt I would best fit.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest thing that you would bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself to be a person of high integrity?   Answer Question
    • How do you and would you handle conflict with another employee?   Answer Question
    • What all do you know about Publix?   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Relaxed, kind people. The store is always busy so you get summed up pretty quick. Be short and straight with your answers. But they laid down the rules and emphasized what a great company it is to work for. Good people work for this company.

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and it was very down-to-earth. They made it clear what they wanted in their employees, and I was made to feel welcomed and comfortable. At the end, they asked if I had any questions, and they seemed happy when I asked them something. Overall, not bad!

Interview Questions

• What does putting a priority on customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in June 2017.

Interview

If you want to be noticed by the managers at Publix, you must consistent. Before you apply, go to the customer service desk and ask for the hiring manager. Tell him/her a little about yourself and why you're looking to work at publix. To improve the chances of you being hired, ask them what positions they are trying to fill or spots that may be open, then apply for those specific jobs. Thank the manager for taking some of their time to speak with you and that you're hopeful to hear from them soon. 1-2 days after you've applied it is important to follow up, concerning the status of your job application. Ask to speak the same manager you did, to show initiative. I had followed up 4-5 times, mostly over the phone, once in person. It may feel like you're being annoying, but it really shows the manager that you really want the job. I was eventually given an interview. For the interview: figure out as much as you can about the company; customer value is the core of the business. Be very respectful, professional and vocal. Be prepared to answer simple questions about the company and yourself. At the end of the interview I met with the store manager and I was hired on the spot. I'm also 17 years old.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Publix?"   1 Answer