Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

1.9

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in February 2017.

Interview

I go in publix alot with my mother and the cashiers, workers, and managers help you out with an lot and provide you with service if needed and they greet you well when you enter the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Whatever they offer just take it because you can miss out on great chances of getting an job.

Meat Cutter Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Statesville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Statesville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I made an appointment at a job fair for their new location and they put me on the computer to do my application. The guy there told me that if they would give me a call in a few days if they wanted to interview me. I got a call telling me they wanted me to come in for an interview. The guy that interviewed me was super nice and genuine. He really calmed my nerves and we talked for about 5 minutes about random stuff before the interview even started. Then he said they will give me a call back if I got the job. I got a call back a few days later asking to meet for a second interview so they can get my information.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Lasted around 30 minutes, got there 10 minutes early. Manager was nice and informing took 4 weeks to 1 month to get a interview. Not as stressful as i thought it would be , nice and calming.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

They explained what was in the job description and asked if I had any question. If I was able to carry up to 40 pounds or more. They were very nice and professional during the interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview a week after I applied. The store you applied for may not be the store you will get so keep that in mind. The interview was simple. The hiring manager wanted to know more about you and asked you questions about how you would deal with the customers. There are plenty of room to ask questions. I was hired on the spot, while for others they call you back.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a hard customer?   1 Answer

Front Service Clerk and Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL).

Interview

Ok so basically went to see the manager at the time in the store for my department.Because i knew someone who worked there already who recomended me and he was aware that i am a hardworker. Moreover, manager started by asking me questions then at the end he said i was hired.

Interview Questions

• They told me how good are my people skills and that i had to shave and smile alot.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No unfortunitly i could not , and i started with the minimum.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I had been looking at two Publix stores and I understand that the hiring process is a tedious and stressful process, but I felt like they could have done better. I talked to the manager at one Publix and she told me they would call the next week. I gave them a week and half understanding that it was a busy time. I called to restate my eagerness to work at Publix and she remembered my name and all and said I'll pull your app. I haven't heard from them at all.
    The second Publix I went to, I only got the interview because I talked to the assistant manager. I had my interview, which wasn't professional. I was scheduled for my interview and the head manager was supposed to interview me and I was told he was in a meeting. I waited for 10 minutes and the assistant manager told the main manager that she would start my interview, expecting him to finish it off. She wasn't prepared for the interview, her pauses between questions was more of what can I ask next versus analyzing my answers. After she talked to me, she had someone ask speak to me, who wasn't the manager.
    When everything was over and done, she said I will call you within the hour and if not, call me. I gave her two hours to call because she was busy when I arrived. When I called, I was told she was on cash register and that she would call me the next day (today) at five. It is after 7, and hadn't heard a thing. I decided not to call because I don't want to be a pest after I called yesterday.
    I understand forgetting things, but the fact that I was given times and did not receive a call and my interview was unprofessional really made me skeptical. I was really looking forward to working at Publix.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I found the interview process to be very relaxed and friendly. If you have customer service experience you will do great. The questions are basic people friendly questions and honesty is the key.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of Customer Service   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Hickory, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I attended the job fair in December 13th and got a call 5 days later for an interview. Went to the first interview on January 5th and on the 10th I was hired. Very easy. Just be possitive and optimistic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Clermont, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

is not really hard is just easy just in some people give one interview but other receive two interview is very easy i dont have any problem.Ask about you and why you want work at publix...