Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

1.9

796 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Relaxed, kind people. The store is always busy so you get summed up pretty quick. Be short and straight with your answers. But they laid down the rules and emphasized what a great company it is to work for. Good people work for this company.

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and it was very down-to-earth. They made it clear what they wanted in their employees, and I was made to feel welcomed and comfortable. At the end, they asked if I had any questions, and they seemed happy when I asked them something. Overall, not bad!

Interview Questions

• What does putting a priority on customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in June 2017.

Interview

If you want to be noticed by the managers at Publix, you must consistent. Before you apply, go to the customer service desk and ask for the hiring manager. Tell him/her a little about yourself and why you're looking to work at publix. To improve the chances of you being hired, ask them what positions they are trying to fill or spots that may be open, then apply for those specific jobs. Thank the manager for taking some of their time to speak with you and that you're hopeful to hear from them soon. 1-2 days after you've applied it is important to follow up, concerning the status of your job application. Ask to speak the same manager you did, to show initiative. I had followed up 4-5 times, mostly over the phone, once in person. It may feel like you're being annoying, but it really shows the manager that you really want the job. I was eventually given an interview. For the interview: figure out as much as you can about the company; customer value is the core of the business. Be very respectful, professional and vocal. Be prepared to answer simple questions about the company and yourself. At the end of the interview I met with the store manager and I was hired on the spot. I'm also 17 years old.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Publix?"   1 Answer

Customer Service, Produce Clerk Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (High Point, NC).

Interview

It was on a job fair and they called me for an interview They were all very pleasant and congratulated me for making it to the second step which was the 1st interview. Just waiting on the second interview.

Part Time Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Sat in the office with the Grocery Manager, told me a little about themselves, I told them a little about myself, went in to what they expect from me in the job I applied for, and how many days they need me to work, gave me my hourly wage at 8.50. Told me to await the drug test and then orientation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a stranger.   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Being told to come in to meet manager on one day, come in that day and time but told to come back next day because busy. Happened for about a week.

Interview Questions

• So you know (the person's name here)?   1 Answer

Deli Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied at kiosk on store. Was called back within 24 hours. Just talked to the hiring manager like a regular person. Was hired on spot , took drug test, orientation week later

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix in June 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with the deli manager. She asked me a couple of questions from a binder, and then told me that i'd get another call if they needed me.

Produce Clerk, Stock Clerk, and Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I completed my on-line application at the University/Tuttle store in Sarasota Fl on 06/30/17. The kiosk directed me to the Customer Service desk as there were openings at this store. The representative at the counter told me that there were no openings in produce and told me they would retain my application on file for 30 days. Prior to applying, I was told by an employee to ask for the store manager after completing the application. I asked for the manager and was told he was on his break; he happened to be in line and he asked me how much produce experience I had, and I responded that I had 4 years experience. He also asked how many hours I was interested in working and I responded that I would like 24 hours weekly. He told me that he is very busy with the upcoming 4th of July weekend but would pull my application and contact me the following mid-week. I never heard from him.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They had an initial interview with me, called me back after three days, had a second interview. They asked me questions and had me interview with all of the managers in my department. They had me show them I could do the job.