Publix Bagger/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Bagger/Cashier Interview Questions

1.8

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

After applying in-store, I was interviewed by the assistant manager. It was a short interview (less than 15 minutes) and I was hired on the spot. The process was relaxed and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
    Where do you see yourself in the future?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied at the kiosk and talked to 2 managers that same week. I had many references that were people who worked at the same Publix for years. About a month after I applied, I got called for an interview. The interview was very easy. The hiring manager was extremely friendly and didn't make it feel like an interview at all. She asked a few simple questions and then we spent the rest of the interview just talking about different things.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was very easy the manager kept it short and simple since I have never had a job before. Got hired on the spot. Just be yourself. I got a drug test soon.

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publix in April 2016.

Interview

Interview overall was smooth & easy-going. The manager actually spoke a bit more than me, so I wasn't as shook up about it. I have a second interview this coming Monday, so I'm guessing I got the job! This is my first job, so I'm very anxious and excited at the same time! Good luck guys.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an initial 30min interview with the store manager which as far as I could tell went great. I was told I'd get a call back before the end of the week to let me know either way. I never got a call. I called back daily asking about the status of my application and after another week got a "second interview", which it turned out was for a different position as initially they were interviewing me for the deli, apparently, and I didn't get that job. Second interview was around 30min repeated all the same questions and explanations of policy and again I felt it went great (in spite of some inappropriate negativity by the interviewer, such as complaining about the company and stating that she thought the minimum wage position I was applying for was overpaid and should be eliminated). I was told that she had only one more person to interview and that I would get a call back by 2 today with an answer. Around 4 I got a call telling me that she went with the other candidate but that since she already interviewed me she "could" just give me the next opening she had come available.

I'm a retail experienced recent college graduate with friends who work for or have worked for Publix. If anything I feel over qualified for the part time minimum wage position I was applying to. I always heard such great things about Publix, but my personal experience left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Lawrenceville, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied the Tuesday and the following week I was called for and Interview the following Friday. I am normally terrified of interviews but this was so easy and the thing that helped me was research. I did my research on the company, and during my interview my interviewer /manager was impressed. He said I was the first person that he had interviewed that actually did the research. And also when he asked do I have any questions for him, and I did. And these are all tips we've all heard of and another person on here gave these tips and I followed and it went well. So make sure you ask questions, not just for show but things you really want to know about the job and what is expected of you when you start working. Also they love a good story, especially personal experience. And remember publix takes pride in their customers, always ensure you talk about the value of serving customers and the standard. After The Interview The Following Day I Was Called Back For A Second Interview Which Turned Out To Be Getting Drug Tested. Also when you are going for drug test you shouldn't eat or drink anything for at least 10 mins prior to going in. After the test we were given a little tour of break room, restroom, and where to clock in. After that 2 days later I was called saying my drug test and background check was clear and I had pre -orientation 2 days later. Then the following Saturday would be orientation.

Bagger/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in August 2015.

Interview

It was very short. Basic questions. Informal. Friendly discussion with the assistant customer service manager. I made sure to show up early with resumes. It was more of a get to know session than an interview. Questions included: what is premier customer service? Tell me a little about yourself. How would you deal with an angry customer service?

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

You apply in store at a kiosk and once you submit your application the hiring manager will review it and call you back for an interview if they want to hire you. If you're called back for the interview you're already hired. However, getting a call back is so hard. To have the manager take notice of you you have to go into the store after you apply and ask to speak to the manager to introduce yourself. They want to see initiative and they want to weed out the shy people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix? How do you spend your free time? What are you going to school for?   1 Answer

Bagger/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Do not remember the questions foer the interviews. I was hired the same day after training and drugs text.I got the job.iwas happy with the result because I did nott know what to expect

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I talked to two people and went in for the interview only one time. I knew I had the job before I left.The interview was really easy. I then had to go to another store to do my training for another two days.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work there and questions about situations withy customers if they occured..   Answer Question

They offered more money at the time