Publix Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

1.9

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied at in store at the computer and it took 3-5 days for a call back, they asked me about what's the difference between other supermarkets and publix and they gave me a situation if a customer needed help but you didn't have the answer what would you do?

Interview Questions

• Who is the founder of publix   1 Answer
  • What year was publix founded   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I dressed Business casual for the in store application then spoke to the managers and they asked me questions on the spot and I had very good personality also this is my first job and I'm 15 waiting for a interview date coming up. I aced the most important question Why Publix?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied to publix in the store and got a call to come in for a interview the next day. I came and the interview was 20 mins. They manager liked me and I was hired on the spot after she hired me I had got to do a drug test. I'm now currently waiting for my results to come back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for publix?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your self   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Weston, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

You fill out your resume in the store on a machine. After that keep saying hi to the manager until they give you an interview. (I'm a minor) At the interview I got an offer fairly quickly due to answering a question word for word. Didn't ask about me much, just customer service.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came up to you while working and asked you where an item is, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

I came into the store and was asked to wait until a manager was able to interview me. I was taken to the manager's office and asked various questions, some of which were simply clarifying availability and such. The questions were mostly fairly easy, with some that made me think a little bit.

Interview Questions

• Q: When was a time you experienced premiere customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Gainesville, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on the job application center (JAC) which was in store, and immediately afterwards i went up to customer service and asked to speak with the hiring manager. Once she came out i introduced myself and asked about job openings, and then she proceeded to ask about my application and then printed it out right there at the customer service counter and we walked around to sit down and talk for a few minutes about previous job experiences and i handed her my resume (i brought it cause i knew it would look good, and so she could remember me when she would look at it later). After our chat she asked if i could come back in a couple days for my interview and that's when i filled out my paperwork and did my drug test. it was an easy experience

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Came in ten minutes early, and checked in at customer service. The interviewer was friendly and made the process comfortable. Filled in a form allowing a drug test and took a swab test. The process took about twenty minutes, only a couple days later I had to come in to fill out paperwork and receive my training location and times, as well as pick up my uniform.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      What is our main goal here at Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL).

Interview

After being called in you will meet with the manager in charge of the department and will go through the basics of the job. Will discuss pay level as well as hours and expectations of the job class. Interview is simple and not very stressful or involved, though higher level positions may differ.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Miramar, FL).

Interview

First I had to apply to the in store machine and I had followed up a few times with the manager to see if they received my application. Once I finally got an interview, they simply asked a few questions about myself and what I like to do. Also, they ask about situations where you would be handling a frustrated customer and how you would react.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to use leadership within a group to get something done   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL).

Interview

First they call you in for an in person interview and it is usually with your direct manager. the manager who oversees the department you are applying for will interview you. Basic questions on to do situations and how you respond determines your eligibility. The interview was not really difficult however depending on the position you are applying for, I don't believe the same questions shall be asked for different positions in the store.

Interview Questions

• Customer comes to the register and is upset that what she is paying for the item is more than what is tagged on the isle, how do you resolve this issue?   Answer Question