Publix Bagger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

1.9

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in June 2017.

Interview

If you want to be noticed by the managers at Publix, you must consistent. Before you apply, go to the customer service desk and ask for the hiring manager. Tell him/her a little about yourself and why you're looking to work at publix. To improve the chances of you being hired, ask them what positions they are trying to fill or spots that may be open, then apply for those specific jobs. Thank the manager for taking some of their time to speak with you and that you're hopeful to hear from them soon. 1-2 days after you've applied it is important to follow up, concerning the status of your job application. Ask to speak the same manager you did, to show initiative. I had followed up 4-5 times, mostly over the phone, once in person. It may feel like you're being annoying, but it really shows the manager that you really want the job. I was eventually given an interview. For the interview: figure out as much as you can about the company; customer value is the core of the business. Be very respectful, professional and vocal. Be prepared to answer simple questions about the company and yourself. At the end of the interview I met with the store manager and I was hired on the spot. I'm also 17 years old.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Publix?"   1 Answer

Produce Clerk, Stock Clerk, and Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I completed my on-line application at the University/Tuttle store in Sarasota Fl on 06/30/17. The kiosk directed me to the Customer Service desk as there were openings at this store. The representative at the counter told me that there were no openings in produce and told me they would retain my application on file for 30 days. Prior to applying, I was told by an employee to ask for the store manager after completing the application. I asked for the manager and was told he was on his break; he happened to be in line and he asked me how much produce experience I had, and I responded that I had 4 years experience. He also asked how many hours I was interested in working and I responded that I would like 24 hours weekly. He told me that he is very busy with the upcoming 4th of July weekend but would pull my application and contact me the following mid-week. I never heard from him.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They had an initial interview with me, called me back after three days, had a second interview. They asked me questions and had me interview with all of the managers in my department. They had me show them I could do the job.

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in February 2017.

Interview

I go in publix alot with my mother and the cashiers, workers, and managers help you out with an lot and provide you with service if needed and they greet you well when you enter the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Whatever they offer just take it because you can miss out on great chances of getting an job.

Front Service Clerk and Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL).

Interview

Ok so basically went to see the manager at the time in the store for my department.Because i knew someone who worked there already who recomended me and he was aware that i am a hardworker. Moreover, manager started by asking me questions then at the end he said i was hired.

Interview Questions

• They told me how good are my people skills and that i had to shave and smile alot.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No unfortunitly i could not , and i started with the minimum.

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied at in store at the computer and it took 3-5 days for a call back, they asked me about what's the difference between other supermarkets and publix and they gave me a situation if a customer needed help but you didn't have the answer what would you do?

Interview Questions

• Who is the founder of publix   1 Answer
    • What year was publix founded   1 Answer

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I dressed Business casual for the in store application then spoke to the managers and they asked me questions on the spot and I had very good personality also this is my first job and I'm 15 waiting for a interview date coming up. I aced the most important question Why Publix?

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

After applying in-store, I was interviewed by the assistant manager. It was a short interview (less than 15 minutes) and I was hired on the spot. The process was relaxed and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Vero Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Simple. I was asked 4 questions. For second interview no questions were asked I was given a drug test. Results took about 4 days to get back. Was given name tag and filled out all the necessary paperwork.

Grocery Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the JAC at the store in Bellevue. About 3 weeks later I got a call from a lady who worked at the Belle MEADE store (which isn't too far away but a different location) and she asked me to come in for an interview. I came in and I was asked a couple easy questions and they had me do the drug test then and there and when I was done I was told that I was hired and I would start about a week later. I'm 14 years old and a freshman girl. Overall it was pretty easy and the lady interviewing me was very nice. My advice would be to make sure to make eye contact and listen to what they say to you and make sure you don't just answer with "yes" or "no" but explain your answers! Good luck!