Publix Deli Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Deli Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Summerville, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

Very easy. A few interviews with simple questions. I was scouted for the position from my submission of interest. It took 2 days and 3 phone calls. The hardest part of the entire interview was deciding whether to move or not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix in March 2011.

Interview

I was hired under the belief that I would be fast tracked through the employee process. Three years later and I was still in the same position. I felt I was passed over several times because I was too good of an employee. Rather then promoting me, I was kept around to do the work of higher postioned employees with no benefit.

Interview Questions

• What are your worst traits.... this is a stupid BS question for every interview I've been on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Decent starting package, not much choice in movement of what they will give you.

Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

After taking time out from my vacation,I took an impromptu interview witha store manager,for Publix,in Orlando.The initial discussion,was rude,unprofessional,and completely insulting!I informed the manager that I had 20 years of experience,to wit he responded"we want you to come in,SHUT UP,and kind of blend in to the background,we don't want you acting like you're better than anyone else!"
      If you don't expect excellence out of your employees,you can't get excellence out of your employees!He proceede to further insult me by offering me $8.00 an hour to start,and only part time hours!!
      I have almost completely closed the door on any further interaction with the company,and would need a remarkably good interview process to counter this horrible one!

Interview Questions

Insulted by the lack of respect for the body of my work,my experience,and the salary offer was a joke!