Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

1.9

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Called and talked to HR and they immediately asked basic questions about my application. Calling to ask about getting hired is basically the first interview and it takes like 2 minutes. Very simple. Got a call about 2 hours later to come in for an interview. Went in for that, but there were some complications with the store about uncertainties with what positions were available and the fact that I…

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to help a customer, friend, or family member.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Clearwater, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

an extreme amount of questions that make you really think about who you are as a person just to bag groceries. I thought the training videos were extremely slow, some of the managers leading the 4 hour training program were so excited about spending a Saturday morning training new employees I was a little worried.

Interview Questions

• "an elderly woman asks to double bag her cans because she is afraid they will break. What do you do?"

"Should you at any point bag the bread and eggs together under any circumstances?"

"What is the purpose of life?"
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. Minimum wage or leave.

Any Restored Employment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Charleston, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring is accomplished by store managers and corporation offices for positions outside individual stores .... this corporation is very dishonest unwilling to admit denial of federal emergency medical leave benefits and keeps employees under 40 hours to deny them paid vacations.... The corporation culture is betraying the admitted philosophy of founder George Jenkins who built a loyal tradition behind his employees, now that he is dead since 1995 the properties are more obsessed with renting space next to stores than increasing market share by paying all it's employees living wages

Interview Questions

• can you wait over a year to be hired?   1 Answer

Corporate Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I thought the interview process was a little strange coming in with over 20 years of relevant experience. I had to take 4 hours worth of tests more difficult than my SAT's The worst part was the test had nothing to do with the job I was applying for. If they did, I would not have mind taking them. Also you sit there for four hours and nobody offered me a drink or restroom break. I would recommend anyone applying at the Lakeland office to study as you did for the SAT's, do plenty of brain teasers, etc...

Demand Planning Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in March 2012.

Interview

Two Phone interviews, group interview, & final interview

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you did not agree with you Manager view point as you felt it was unethical and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

After taking time out from my vacation,I took an impromptu interview witha store manager,for Publix,in Orlando.The initial discussion,was rude,unprofessional,and completely insulting!I informed the manager that I had 20 years of experience,to wit he responded"we want you to come in,SHUT UP,and kind of blend in to the background,we don't want you acting like you're better than anyone else!"
      If you don't expect excellence out of your employees,you can't get excellence out of your employees!He proceede to further insult me by offering me $8.00 an hour to start,and only part time hours!!
      I have almost completely closed the door on any further interaction with the company,and would need a remarkably good interview process to counter this horrible one!

Interview Questions

Insulted by the lack of respect for the body of my work,my experience,and the salary offer was a joke!

Selecting, Scanner, Warehouse Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Greet and meet, expectation overview, job qualification information processing, Selected products using RF Scanner and Voice Control ensuring items were properly selected.
    Load and unload products from trailers using pallet jack and/or forklift
    Stage items using RF Scanner and Voice Control ensuring all labels and products are lined up according to drop offs.
    Sort UPS products ensuring all items are properly wrapped and labeled properly for the loading dock.
    Kept a clean environment to ensure the safety of equipment and personnel

SQA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Staffing Agency > Mathematics, IQ test and Personality test Online exam > Wait for results > Agency submits to the Hiring manager > Interview at Publix location with panel of 4 people > Half confirmation within one hour of the interview over the phone > Blood test > Full confirmation

Interview Questions

• All the technical stuff from the resume. Showed some stuff from their current project and asked technical question to evaluate what I can do for particular stuff.   Answer Question

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the Publix Candidate Portal. Once I applied I received a email in reference to consent for a background check. Afterwards I received an email for an assessment online which took approximately 30minutes to complete. Weeks later I received an email to schedule for an interview.

Once I scheduled for the interview I arrived at my assigned time. Interview began very informal and relaxed with a tour of the distribution center and meeting of seasoned employees whom were working very hard (seemed to be a slight scare tactic or to ensure you understand the job is hard work). Once the tour was over I sat down with a panel to include the Superintendent whom gave me very direct and straight forward questions and expected the same in regards to answers. Once the interview was over I was told there are several candidates and it may take a while to be contacted in regards to the position but to continue to check my email and wait for further instructions if I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses? (Doesn't have to be job related)   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for a Publix Distribution Center?   Answer Question
    • We all face obstacles and difficult times in life. Name a difficult time in your life and how you faced adversity.   Answer Question
    • What is your strongest attribute?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to the team here at the distribution center?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

salary, what would i accept, what did i expect
    getting along well with others, do i like customer service, do i work well in teams
    questions based on hobbies how often and what,
     education my major where id like to be,
     and thoughts on the store, personal experiences at the store.
    am i willing to help with custodial needs

Interview Questions

• am i willing to take a drug test   1 Answer

Negotiation

full time any time was not able to be negotiated