Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

1.9

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Called and talked to HR and they immediately asked basic questions about my application. Calling to ask about getting hired is basically the first interview and it takes like 2 minutes. Very simple. Got a call about 2 hours later to come in for an interview. Went in for that, but there were some complications with the store about uncertainties with what positions were available and the fact that I…

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to help a customer, friend, or family member.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk (Bagger) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Clearwater, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

an extreme amount of questions that make you really think about who you are as a person just to bag groceries. I thought the training videos were extremely slow, some of the managers leading the 4 hour training program were so excited about spending a Saturday morning training new employees I was a little worried.

Interview Questions

• "an elderly woman asks to double bag her cans because she is afraid they will break. What do you do?"

"Should you at any point bag the bread and eggs together under any circumstances?"

"What is the purpose of life?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. Minimum wage or leave.

Any Restored Employment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Charleston, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring is accomplished by store managers and corporation offices for positions outside individual stores .... this corporation is very dishonest unwilling to admit denial of federal emergency medical leave benefits and keeps employees under 40 hours to deny them paid vacations.... The corporation culture is betraying the admitted philosophy of founder George Jenkins who built a loyal tradition behind his employees, now that he is dead since 1995 the properties are more obsessed with renting space next to stores than increasing market share by paying all it's employees living wages

Interview Questions

• can you wait over a year to be hired?   1 Answer

Corporate Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

I thought the interview process was a little strange coming in with over 20 years of relevant experience. I had to take 4 hours worth of tests more difficult than my SAT's The worst part was the test had nothing to do with the job I was applying for. If they did, I would not have mind taking them. Also you sit there for four hours and nobody offered me a drink or restroom break. I would recommend anyone applying at the Lakeland office to study as you did for the SAT's, do plenty of brain teasers, etc...

Demand Planning Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in March 2012.

Interview

Two Phone interviews, group interview, & final interview

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you did not agree with you Manager view point as you felt it was unethical and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Deli Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

After taking time out from my vacation,I took an impromptu interview witha store manager,for Publix,in Orlando.The initial discussion,was rude,unprofessional,and completely insulting!I informed the manager that I had 20 years of experience,to wit he responded"we want you to come in,SHUT UP,and kind of blend in to the background,we don't want you acting like you're better than anyone else!"
      If you don't expect excellence out of your employees,you can't get excellence out of your employees!He proceede to further insult me by offering me $8.00 an hour to start,and only part time hours!!
      I have almost completely closed the door on any further interaction with the company,and would need a remarkably good interview process to counter this horrible one!

Interview Questions

Insulted by the lack of respect for the body of my work,my experience,and the salary offer was a joke!

Produce Clerk, Stock Clerk, and Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I completed my on-line application at the University/Tuttle store in Sarasota Fl on 06/30/17. The kiosk directed me to the Customer Service desk as there were openings at this store. The representative at the counter told me that there were no openings in produce and told me they would retain my application on file for 30 days. Prior to applying, I was told by an employee to ask for the store manager after completing the application. I asked for the manager and was told he was on his break; he happened to be in line and he asked me how much produce experience I had, and I responded that I had 4 years experience. He also asked how many hours I was interested in working and I responded that I would like 24 hours weekly. He told me that he is very busy with the upcoming 4th of July weekend but would pull my application and contact me the following mid-week. I never heard from him.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

A lot of interrogative questions, long and tedious, kind of ridiculous, and overall a waste of time. A lot of questions were biased and designed to set you up for failure.

Interview Questions

• "Why don't you go back to Whole Foods?"   2 Answers

Selecting, Scanner, Warehouse Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Greet and meet, expectation overview, job qualification information processing, Selected products using RF Scanner and Voice Control ensuring items were properly selected.
    Load and unload products from trailers using pallet jack and/or forklift
    Stage items using RF Scanner and Voice Control ensuring all labels and products are lined up according to drop offs.
    Sort UPS products ensuring all items are properly wrapped and labeled properly for the loading dock.
    Kept a clean environment to ensure the safety of equipment and personnel

SQA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Staffing Agency > Mathematics, IQ test and Personality test Online exam > Wait for results > Agency submits to the Hiring manager > Interview at Publix location with panel of 4 people > Half confirmation within one hour of the interview over the phone > Blood test > Full confirmation

Interview Questions

• All the technical stuff from the resume. Showed some stuff from their current project and asked technical question to evaluate what I can do for particular stuff.   Answer Question