Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

1.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was very polite, attentive and straight to the point. I was asked the standard questions of "Where do you see yourself in 10 years," and "What would you like to get out of your career," so on and so forth. I was drug tested as is the standard and it only took a few seconds. Nothing was uncomfortable, the interview was as relaxed as an interview could be but still maintained a professional tone throughout.

Part Time Publix Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Decatur, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Apply in store and you should ask to speak to a manager when complete. If they are hiring next they will give you a call to schedule in person interview. If you pass the interview they call in for a second time to fill out paper work and schedule orientation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

A lot of interrogative questions, long and tedious, kind of ridiculous, and overall a waste of time. A lot of questions were biased and designed to set you up for failure.

Interview Questions

• "Why don't you go back to Whole Foods?"   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Boone, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very well conducted. Doing some research about the company before an interview is very beneficial. Also, they call you back within a few days.

Interview Questions

• What all do you know about the company of Publix?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cooper City, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Publix (Cooper City, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Was called in by the Customer Service Lead tgen interviewed by the store manager then the deli manager, was told that I would hear back in a few days time.

Interview Questions

• Was mainly asked about my job experience   1 Answer

Loader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in May 2017.

Interview

My interview was at 9:00 pm I was told to park and then walk to the building where they held interviews, after I got there I looked around but I couldn't find anyone then I noticed a sign on the door that says interviewers please come in. I signed in sat down in an empty room and waited until about 9:15 for my interview to begin. Basic job functions were gone over but the interviewer made it pretty clear that he didn't believe I had the knowledge or experience for the job and after walking around the loading area and observing I admitted it would be difficult and ideally that wasn't something I wanted to do long term.

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Weston, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Sit and talk to store manager for about 20-30 min in his office. Very friendly and no pressure at all. Saliva drug test. Then discuss about pay. It wasn't hard or anything. Just mostly question about why you want to work here.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Birmingham, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview for the store i work at was different from other other interviews. We walked throughout the store and talked as if the hr was trying to get know me as an individual and as potential employee. It was really laid back. I was offered the job. I went to my orientation class a few days later. Orientation consisted of about 25 other new employees.

Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied at the in-store kiosk and gave my information to customer service. I was called in a few days later for an interview with the store manager. We discussed my previous work experience, what Publix values (outstanding customer service is the core of their business), and what it's like to work there. I emphasized how interested I was in working for this company in particular. Everyone was very nice. I was offered a position two days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Publix?   1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

the interview process wasn't bad , they let me know that the deli was the hardest department in the store . they asked the basic questions and made me feel very comfortable .

Interview Questions

• they asked me if i would be able to work with customers and provide premier customer service?   1 Answer