Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

1.9

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mableton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Mableton, GA).

Interview

It had taken weeks to get the interview because the boss was on vacation. It was the standard interview just basically going over experience. They really needed the help so it wasn't hard to get in.

Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Mount Pleasant, SC).

Interview

Met with the customer service manager then the store manager. I have heard that people interview with 3 different people.The assistant store manager can be required before meeting the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What is something Publix is known for?   1 Answer

Front End Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Short interview with few questions about you. Take a drug test and then they will get back to you in some time. Very fast paced and to the point. Whole process took 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in retail?   1 Answer

Senior Training Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

The interviewing process was very drawn out. After completing the application, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview, they scheduled a second phone interview. A few days after the second phone interview, I received an email to schedule a home-based screening exercise. This exercise was a document with nine scenarios, and I had to develop training solutions or describe past experiences with similar scenarios. Then, a week or so later, I received an email to schedule on-site testing. During the on-site testing, I spent an entire work day at the corporate office completing various tests and tasks. The entire process took 4-6 weeks. After the onsite testing, I never received any other communication from the hiring manager. I had to continuously check back into the Publix application portal to see that I was not selected for the job. (This information was not available until 2-3 weeks after I completed all interview stages.)

Interview Questions

• What are our strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Cashier/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrells Inlet, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Murrells Inlet, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

This was for a new Publix opening soon. I initially went to their hiring event/job fair where I filled out an application and then we were taken in groups of 4 to another room, where a manager spoke to us about working there. Three days later, I got a call asking if I could come back for a formal interview. The interview was fine - he asked about me, my interests, and my background. The interviewer was very nice and I felt at ease. He said they got a lot of applications during the hiring event and that they will make decisions this week, and will call people this weekend if they're picked.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surfside Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Surfside Beach, Horry, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to hiring event, filled out application, met with manager. Got called back twice to meet 2 different managers. Everyone was very nice. They were very thorough in explaining about the company and my role.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work as a GRS instead of a cashier?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

You get called and interviewed within a few days. The questions I answered focused on remembering tasks by telling me a list of things and repeating them to the interviewer perfectly. Also questions like why do you want the job, tell me about yourself, and would I be willing to do certain jobs. There was only one interview and within a week I was contacted for the job. After an arduous drug and alcohol test as well as a 5 hour class to learn the basics of the job and a few online training modules, it took about a month to start officially working at Publix.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Why do you want the job?   Answer Question
    • You might be tasked with several jobs before closing the store for the day, such as mop, wash, and clean the floors, clean the bathrooms, count register tills, block the aisles and lock the front door. Now repeat to me the tasks I just told you.   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix in February 2017.

Interview

I go in publix alot with my mother and the cashiers, workers, and managers help you out with an lot and provide you with service if needed and they greet you well when you enter the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Whatever they offer just take it because you can miss out on great chances of getting an job.

Meat Cutter Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Statesville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Statesville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I made an appointment at a job fair for their new location and they put me on the computer to do my application. The guy there told me that if they would give me a call in a few days if they wanted to interview me. I got a call telling me they wanted me to come in for an interview. The guy that interviewed me was super nice and genuine. He really calmed my nerves and we talked for about 5 minutes about random stuff before the interview even started. Then he said they will give me a call back if I got the job. I got a call back a few days later asking to meet for a second interview so they can get my information.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Lasted around 30 minutes, got there 10 minutes early. Manager was nice and informing took 4 weeks to 1 month to get a interview. Not as stressful as i thought it would be , nice and calming.