Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Customer service and a positive attitude is the key to working at publix. Come to the interview showing those qualities and you'll score the job. Don't forget to Smile because that's what they'll be expecting when your working for them .

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

We spoke about my past experience volunteering, why I decided to apply at publix, my projected school and career path, how much I want to work, etc. Then, when I think she had already decided to offer me the job, she called in the deli manager and all three of us spoke about what a typical day at the deli might be like. They talked about how there are many safety procedures for food and cleanliness, which I appreciated them putting an importance on. Overall, it was a very simple interview. After about 45 minutes, she offered me a job, which I accepted. Then I filled out a couple forms and did a saliva collection for a drug test.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Panama City, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Did application on store computer. Was called within a week to come in and talk with store manager. Store manager was very friendly interview went great offered me a position and I agreed the next day.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Publix as a place to start a career.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Was very easy and fast for me (I had other employees that said it took them more than a year to get the job!) for me was less than 2 weeks.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Very professional and helpful. Did not receive an offer but the interview process was very thorough and I recommend Publix. As with all employers, prepare for the interview and you're likely to perform well during the interview.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position. A few days later after applying I was selected to take an at home assessment that is essentially an IQ test, with some questions designed to test a programmers mindset (think if else statements). After taking the test I was scheduled for an in person interview. The interview was a group of people on the team I would be applying for. They asked mostly technical questions to which you just had to verbally respond, no whiteboarding or coding in person. Most questions were web based and if you know a decent amount of basic to intermediate web programming knowledge you will be in good shape. See questions I listed below.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Really short, to the point, walked in to customer services told I was here, the manager came took me to the computer room and asked the basic questions. Was offers the job that day, I accepted and I took my drug test the next day.

Baker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. The interviewer took all my nervousness away right away. She broke the ice by telling me a little bit of Information about herself. It really was the easiest interview I have everbeen on.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Interview

The interview process will be fairly informal however you should dress professionally and be on time. You will typically interview with the store manager in addition to the department manager for the department you applied to. The questions you will get will be typical of most companies.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Publix?

2. How do you handle difficult customers or manager/co-workers?

3. What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Interview

It's was short and simple. Walked inside the office , answered questions, filled out paperwork and then I was told that I was going to take a physical test prior to hiring.

Interview Questions

• What kind of person are you?   1 Answer