Publix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

1.9

Stocker Interview

Interview

I went to apply at the store and everything went through the hiring manager told me to wait a few days before calling I never heard back for an interview days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months but I heard they hired more people

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Winter Haven, FL).

Interview

This was 4 years ago - In the store applications are put in at back of store. I f called, you'll be interviewed by Pharmacy Manager and Asst store manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty basic. Tell me about yourself, What was your last job, why'd you leave, what do you feel is a good reason(s) to hire you and what is your salary expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiations, gave them $ wanted, they told me what they were willing to pay to start and you get yearly raises

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

First Recruiter call was pleasent followed by another call from senior recruiter setting up the technical assessment which followed by panel interview over skype.
    Technical assessment included some of the worst questions I have seen for JAVA which are purely memory based and about Swing and Gotcha questions. IQ test should be fine and is pretty easy,

Skype interview was setup for next week with 2 member technical panel. I might be biased but their focus was not at all in interview. I think this has to do with some production bug they had which resulted in interview getting rescheduled. Asking about what I am working on currently was the first question followed by only other difference between "Checked and Unchecked Exception" which I did answered correctly (Giving example of Arithmetic Exception vs IOException and the generic reason behind it) asked for Senior Technical Lead role . No further question asked. No further question needed as well. Recruiter was swift in providing the result but without any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Difference between "Checked and Unchecked Exception   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied in the store and received a call a few weeks later from a location down the street from the store I applied to. I came in for an interview a few days later. The interview was with the store manager. I was nervous but he was very understanding and made me feel relaxed. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for Publix. Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Well, I came in ten minutes early since they emphasize being early and prepared. So, with my resume in hand and being "dressed for success" I went in to the Customer Service desk. The Grocery Manager was in the middle of an interview so I was told to wait ten minutes on a bench. About twenty minutes later, the service guy got me and brought me back to the desk. But the manager was busy again with training, apparently the Assistant Manager who called me in did not inform her of all the interviews. I was told to wait another ten minutes, then the Customer Service Manager interviewed me instead. The interview went easy afterwards, and the manager was very friendly. It felt like a conversation rather than an interview. He told me he might steal me as a Cashier instead of me being a Grocery Clerk. I'll be getting a call on Thursday they said, hopefully it'll be to schedule a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you showed accountability and honesty?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Hickory, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

It was for a new store, interviewed at the conventional center. A lot of role playing, and just asked a few questions on customer service skills and the amount of experience I had in customer service

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to handle a difficult customer and how did I make the experience into a positive experience?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Kennesaw, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Was recommend by a friend. Applied at the kiosk in the front of the store. Easy going interview in store managers office. Hired the same day and was drug tested.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix in December 2016.

Interview

You are required to apply in one of the stores on a computer and take a personality questionnaire (takes about 25-35min). I got a call back the day after I applied to come in for an interview a week later.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL).

Interview

Drug test, background check, at personal interview they ask for availability and about previous experience, they look at presentation a lot, have a resume in hand and smile, be punctual.

Interview Questions

• What availability do you have?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

After applying in store, maybe over a month later I get called for an in person interview. The interview went well. I was only asked a few question. It was mainly the store manager telling me about the position, company culture and the Publix mission, day to day around the store, etc. I got a job offer on the spot, then had orientation a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Just personal stuff, like the general tell me about yourself question and hobbies   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary, but I know a few people who did and got what they asked for