Publix Interview Questions in Lakeland, FL | Glassdoor

2.4

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online-Took assessment test-emailed for phone interview-received call for over the phone interview-received call within a few days for in person interview-received call for agility strength test/take drug test and background check-waited 2 weeks for response-hired.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about publix   1 Answer
    • Why I would leave my current job to work for publix   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work for publix   1 Answer
    • Why is safety important in the warehouse   1 Answer

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a two hour personality test and a one hour interview. It was not long enough to get to know the position or the company. The interview was way too short.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Winter Haven, FL).

Interview

This was 4 years ago - In the store applications are put in at back of store. I f called, you'll be interviewed by Pharmacy Manager and Asst store manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty basic. Tell me about yourself, What was your last job, why'd you leave, what do you feel is a good reason(s) to hire you and what is your salary expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiations, gave them $ wanted, they told me what they were willing to pay to start and you get yearly raises

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

First Recruiter call was pleasent followed by another call from senior recruiter setting up the technical assessment which followed by panel interview over skype.
    Technical assessment included some of the worst questions I have seen for JAVA which are purely memory based and about Swing and Gotcha questions. IQ test should be fine and is pretty easy,

Skype interview was setup for next week with 2 member technical panel. I might be biased but their focus was not at all in interview. I think this has to do with some production bug they had which resulted in interview getting rescheduled. Asking about what I am working on currently was the first question followed by only other difference between "Checked and Unchecked Exception" which I did answered correctly (Giving example of Arithmetic Exception vs IOException and the generic reason behind it) asked for Senior Technical Lead role . No further question asked. No further question needed as well. Recruiter was swift in providing the result but without any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Difference between "Checked and Unchecked Exception   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Inspector (Deli) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

1. The interviewers lacked every single human emotion you can imagine
    2. The manager, especially, was as stiff as a rock, I kid you not
    3. All interview questions were asked from sheets of paper (At least act as if you were thinking out loud when asking the questions instead of constantly gazing at the paper)
    4. They were so automated, not engaging at all
    5. The impression given was that they were being forced to do the interview process
    6. There is a atmosphere of "Oh, I am above you because I already have a job here and you are still looking one, ah ah ah".
    7. Normally in interviews, the first key point is making the interviewee comfortable. Trust me, they need to teach their Lakeland staff how to do interviews. They them selves lack comfort.
    8. They need to understand that Publix, while it is a sought after place for employment; should not only offer excellent service to their customers, but to prospective employees who are, themselves, customers.
    9. They need to really train them in skills of human interactions and composition.
    10. I felt very good about my interview as I was over qualified and stated my points eloquently, so, for me, it was a very BLAH experience. The miserable folks who are put in place to do interviews, need to be trained in Human Resources... (I cant stress that enough)
    11. After the interview, I was told that within 5 days their recruiter would get back to me. Its was over a month at the time and nothing. Their online portal still showed the status as "under consideration"... No thanks, please keep it, would not want to work under those folks in your deli leadership.
    12. I got a better offer from another company so I did not bother to follow up.
    13. But guys, its a wonderful company, don't let my experience deter you. My interviewers only made it seem otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer: Looks down at paper, reads question as automated as Siri would: "What in your opinion is Quality Assurance?" (or a derivative of that question)

Me: Gives my response

Interviewer: Looks down on paper and started writing verbatim just like a robot   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Wales, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Lake Wales, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in store and they called me a week later for an interview. My interview took about twenty minutes, and then I was hired. The man only asked me three questions then I did a drug test. Once my drug and background test comes back okay, I will go to a five hours orientation then an eight hour orientation and I start the job.

Deli Clerk Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

To apply for the stores, you have to go inside the store, which doesn't make much sense because because all they do is refer you to a computer in the store which allows you to apply through their online network.

Very easy and relaxed interview. There were no annoying questions that most retailers ask such as "describe a time when you...." The manager treated me like a professional and asked me how my past job experience relates to the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your work experience.   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself a team player?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you would be good at this job?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose to apply to Publix over other companies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very easy had four managers sit in a room with me and go over my resume. They would ask me questions about my job history and why I moved back to Lakeland after graduating college.

Production Worker B, Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to work for the publix bakery plant around april 30,2016 I got an email to schedule for an interview about four days after I applied so I scheduled it for a Thursday at 2:30 pm I arrived about 15 minutes early and sat in the waiting room for about 10 minutes there was a lot of people there for interviews...they took us up to a conference room where we waited another 10 minutes for the hiring managers but they were doing 1 on 1 interviews so I did the interview it was very laid back like to the point were it felt like you were talking to a friend he asked me basic questions about my previous jobs and situation questions that I felt I answered very well the overall interview lasted about 10-15 mins he asked me if i had any questions a had a few prepared like what would be the right attire if I were to start..umm about how long will we be in training...and once I start is there a certain amount of time i have to be in that position until I can start filling out others to move up in the company (questions of that sort really help and shows the employer that you are very interested in the job)so after the interview he walked me back down stairs and informed me that it does take time to hear back from them as he has to get with the other managers and discuss everything..so I gave a firm hand shake and thanked him for taking the time to interview me !!as I said I interviewed on a thursday so the weekend went by and I got the call that following monday saying that I was chosen for the position and she gave me the details of the job the pay rate etc.and then I was told to schedule to go into the employment office for the drug test and background check I scheduled for the next day (TUESDAY) in the afternoon when I got there I signed in waited for her to come back and get me and when I got to the back I did a mouth swab drug test where you cant eat anything 10 minutes prior so I had to let it sit in my cheek for 10 minutes while I signed the release for the background check and drug test that took about 15 minutes she told me that my offer would be final once those two things came back with positive results WHICH THEY ARE CUZ I DONT DO DRUGS AND MY BACKGROUND IS PERFECT LOL she then gave me two papers of information that I would need to bring back once everything was clear so now it has only been 3 days and I am just waiting for that call PUBLIX is great I was employed with them the same month I turned 18 and now am back with the PUBLIX family !!!! goodluck to you all and never give up because believe me there the best to work for FYI the position that I applied for starting pay rate is 11.65 but since I am overnight I will get a .50 difference so the day I start my start pay will be 12.15!!!!!! CANT WAIT

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a situation if you had conflict with someone during work?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I completed the online Publix application and was immediately (within a day) contacted to schedule an in person interview. I met with a manager and a senior manager, and then completed two assessments (one accounting-related and one administered by Human Resources). The interview went well, and the feedback given to me was that I was the top candidate. However, I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers asked a few behavioral questions. Otherwise, it felt like a conversation among friends, including the opportunity for me to ask many questions.   Answer Question