Publix Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

1.8

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

They explained what was in the job description and asked if I had any question. If I was able to carry up to 40 pounds or more. They were very nice and professional during the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Margate, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Publix (Margate, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Having a friend working and telling me his experience at Publix, I decided to give it a shot and applied. I went to the in-store kiosk and applied for an entry level job due to my age (16) . Right after, I introduced myself to the assistant manager and was about to hand in my resume to her; however, she told me to give it to the head manager who was in charge of hiring. The store manager was not available that day so the assistant manager told me to come back that Tuesday. Two days later I revisited and again she was there but she was in an important phone conference so one of the store managers decided she would take my resume from me and give it to her another time. Later that night, my friend who worked at that publix told me that the manager was out of town so here I am waiting for her to call back so I can schedule an appointment with her.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out the application at Publix on a Monday they called me back Wednesday to interview on Thursday. Got called back the same day for a second interview on Friday. On Friday I took the drug test (mouth swab) and was told i got the job just waiting for the results from the test.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Pensacola, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Went to the store talked to the manager in person and gave her my resume. Got called the next day, interviewed 2 days later. Accepted job same day and went to orientation 1 week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (North Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I put in a application on the kiosk about a week later I got a call for a interview went to the interview the assistant manager interview me he loved my answers so I got my second interview with the store manager they asked was my availability open I said yes got the drug test and background done the same day had to wait a week to go to pre-orientation where you get your shirts name tag sign some papers the next day had to go to orientation then another week to start work got a schedule start 1/9 /2016.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Tallahassee, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

salary, what would i accept, what did i expect
    getting along well with others, do i like customer service, do i work well in teams
    questions based on hobbies how often and what,
     education my major where id like to be,
     and thoughts on the store, personal experiences at the store.
    am i willing to help with custodial needs

Interview Questions

• am i willing to take a drug test   1 Answer

Negotiation

full time any time was not able to be negotiated

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Very informal and laid back, I was taken into a computer room and asked about my basic personality.. Once she decided to hire me, she did a mouth swab for a drug test. She was happy with my customer service experience, positive attitude, and big smile. After filling out the application, I caught a manager and spoke to them face to face before they gave me an interview, talking to a manager helped get my foot in the door for sure. They are also impressed by appropriate dress (no shorts or flip flops)

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good team member for Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Two step interview. Talking to the department manager first, who merely make sure your not crazy, and store manager who asks the real questions. They only asked three extremely generic questions as to why work there and describe yourself and what you know of the company itself

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Augusta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. The store manager and assistant store manager interviewed me and did most of
    The talking. Which I definitely appreciated because sometimes interviews make me nervous. They let me know about the company and asked what's interests were to get a feel of the type of person I am.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you delt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call after about a week. Set the time and date, had the interview with a few simple questions, and was told I got the job. Super simple