Publix Part Time Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Publix Part Time Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Very informal and laid back, I was taken into a computer room and asked about my basic personality.. Once she decided to hire me, she did a mouth swab for a drug test. She was happy with my customer service experience, positive attitude, and big smile. After filling out the application, I caught a manager and spoke to them face to face before they gave me an interview, talking to a manager helped get my foot in the door for sure. They are also impressed by appropriate dress (no shorts or flip flops)

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good team member for Publix?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Pensacola, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Went to the store talked to the manager in person and gave her my resume. Got called the next day, interviewed 2 days later. Accepted job same day and went to orientation 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself as a team player   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out the application at Publix on a Monday they called me back Wednesday to interview on Thursday. Got called back the same day for a second interview on Friday. On Friday I took the drug test (mouth swab) and was told i got the job just waiting for the results from the test.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process for me wasn't bad at all. The supervisors made me feel super comfortable. It was like trying out for an all-star team and actually wanting to be a part of it

Interview Questions

• A customer is clearly annoyed because when she went home she realized the strawberries she bought were all soiled. How do you react?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Huntsville, AL) in February 2012.

Interview

Was very simple. Not stressful. They wanted to make sure you understood what was required and they understood your availability. They were very willing to work aroun my schedule as I was also working another part-time job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be available to work weekends as this is required. .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Margate, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Publix (Margate, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Having a friend working and telling me his experience at Publix, I decided to give it a shot and applied. I went to the in-store kiosk and applied for an entry level job due to my age (16) . Right after, I introduced myself to the assistant manager and was about to hand in my resume to her; however, she told me to give it to the head manager who was in charge of hiring. The store manager was not available that day so the assistant manager told me to come back that Tuesday. Two days later I revisited and again she was there but she was in an important phone conference so one of the store managers decided she would take my resume from me and give it to her another time. Later that night, my friend who worked at that publix told me that the manager was out of town so here I am waiting for her to call back so I can schedule an appointment with her.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

They explained what was in the job description and asked if I had any question. If I was able to carry up to 40 pounds or more. They were very nice and professional during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Wilmington, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about a month and it was really easy. I went to a job fair for publix and applied for a cashier/bagger/stock job. I did a group interview/ activity when i applied a week later I was called for an interview for the following next week. Pretty basic question just make sure your answers are genuine and not practiced. Within 48 hours I was called back for a second interview ( job offers) the following week. I got the job and I had to do the paperwork and drug testing .

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

talked to assistant manager then manager - basic interview - previous experience, hours available etc then small talk about area and other things - the same thing for manager and assistant manager which were separate interviews - guess is just to see if I fit in

Interview Questions

• what was my previous job like? years experience with public? hours could work? why publix?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Delray Beach, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

I completed an application at the kiosk inside the store. Got a call 3 days later for an interview. Met with the AM, answered easy questions, such as '' why do you want to work at Publix. '' afterward, got called back to talk to the manager. Again, easy questions. I thought both interviews went well and being a new retiree, thought I was going to get an offer. After being g told I would hear something in 3 days, no call came. I never heard back from them. I was very disappointed. The least they could have done was drop me an email.