Publix Part Time Stock Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 1.3K interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Publix

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL)

Interview

Sat in the office with the Grocery Manager, told me a little about themselves, I told them a little about myself, went in to what they expect from me in the job I applied for, and how many days they need me to work, gave me my hourly wage at 8.50. Told me to await the drug test and then orientation.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you went above and beyond for a stranger.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooksville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Publix (Brooksville, FL) in Jun 2016

Interview

The interview was brief but very professional and friendly. The assistant store manager and department manager (grocery) conducted the interview. They asked a few straight forward, typical questions and told me that they would give me a call by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Publix

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Publix

Interview

It was a fairly basic interview. I sat down with the grocery manager and he asked some questions about my work history and experience. I already knew I was well qualified so it didn't take very long for him to give me a yes and start the paperwork for me to go to training.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Tallahassee, FL) in Feb 2015

Interview

The process was very simple. It began with filling out an electronic application at the store. Approx. a week after I submitted the application I was contacted by the grocery manager and we set up an interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Vero Beach, FL) in May 2013

Interview

The store manager did my interview for the position. Instead of asking how I feel about working and why I want the job and all of those questions that everyone has a prepared response for she asked about what I do in my free time, if I was pursuing higher education, and other informal things to get a feel for how I am as a person to see if I would make a good fit with my store.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do in your spare time?

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Publix (Augusta, GA) in Feb 2013

Interview

They called me a couple days after I applied in the in store kiosk. Then I went in for the first interview. They asked many questions that weren't very difficult. Then they said they would contact me for a second interview if they were interested. Then called me in for a second interview at a later date.

Interview Questions
  • They asked different questions like where do you see your self in 10 years. Also what are you going to school for. What do you know about Publix?

Anonymous Employee in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Publix (Riverview, FL) in Aug 2011

Interview

The interview was very easy. Felt more like a conversation than a interview. I was nervous pretty much for nothing, but it probably depends on the person who interviews. I can't imagine it would be a hard interview for such a simply job. No need to worry. Unless you're not a complete idiot, you should be fine. The work is easy as long as nobody calls out.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in Jun 2011

Interview

Drug Test combined with a few questions about what you do everyday and what your future goals are. Usually they are just trying to feel you out to see if you are a decent person in general. They will take someone who is teachable and mold them into the employee that they need them to be. If you have common sense then you can pass this interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2011

Interview

Nothing special, just asked my experience about working in retail. It was mostly personality based. Interviewer was very nice and we clicked instantly. Didnt just treat me as another interview, but as a future employee.

Interview Questions
  • If a customer has a question that you can't answer, what do you do?
1 person found this interview helpful