Publix Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Produce Clerk Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Greenacres, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Greenacres, FL).

Interview

Did a meet and greet with the store manager followed by an interview with him asking about my work ethics. We went over what is expected by the associate's working at Publix followed by safety guidelines and procedures.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next couple years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easiest interview I have ever had. I have experience in hiring from human resources and anybody with a 1/4 of a brain can pass the interview. Overall, just come prepared with some knowledge of Publix and show interest in helping customers.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flowery Branch, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Flowery Branch, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Chatted with store manager and produce manager. Somewhat informal due to my years of prior experience. Then I had to take a drug test and wait for the background screening. Also took an in store personality quiz at a kiosk.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me in for an interview and it took place with the Produce manager and the Assistant store manager. They mainly asked about general basic stuff and why I was leaving my job for Publix. I was offered a job on the spot and went into another room to do an oral drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just said they were willing to hire me and asked if I had any questions, at the time I didn't think of it but I should have asked for pay, because after me being uncomfortable for a couple seconds the assistant store manager said they would start me 20 cents above minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Saint Augustine, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. The manager was very upfront about the job responsibilities and expectations. At the beginning he did the typical rapport building. He asked me some questions about my future plans. I asked him some questions regarding flexibility and questions specific to the floral department. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals? Do you want to stay with Publix? Are you currently in college?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. The process was straightforward. Here is the job offer, these are the expectations, we would love for you to come on board.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix in July 2014.

Interview

With high number of people looking for jobs and scare jobs I was at right place at right time. Close to the store so commute not an issue and being so close very convenient.

Interview Questions

• what job I wanted and the overall working conditions and much about the history and successes of Publix in the very competitive grocery business.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Vero Beach, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy basic questions about customer service and background in retail...A one on one Interview.. Then a Drug Test. Wait 3 or 4 days then they call you. I applied about 20 times on Their Keyos. 2 yrs. later I finally got an Interview!

Interview Questions

• 1.When was a time you had difficulty with a customer. What did you do to resolve the situation?
      2.What Retail Background do you have?
      3.Have you worked at Publix Previously?
      1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix in June 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. No real difficult questions, although for this position they were looking for someone who would work odd hours: 4am to 1pm. I said I was fine with that, but that I was going back to school at the end of the summer, and I think that made them reluctant. I thought I was pretty qualified, but apparently they weren't interested.

Interview Questions

• The manager handed me a box of pop-tarts and said, "Here, sell this to me."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

After you get a call back, the store or department manager will interview you personally. They'll do a typical question process determining your personality and work ethic while reviewing your application with you. If they like what they see they'll give you a call back for a second interview. Getting a second interview means you have the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Publix over any other grocery store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Huntsville, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

Filled out application on computer located within the store and received a call about a month later from the produce manager. He explained the duties of a produce clerk and asked my experience within retail and any grocery experience, and why I might be interested in working with produce. The process was comfortable and easy, like talking to a friend I'd known for a while.