Publix Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Produce Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1.9

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix in July 2014.

Interview

With high number of people looking for jobs and scare jobs I was at right place at right time. Close to the store so commute not an issue and being so close very convenient.

Interview Questions

• what job I wanted and the overall working conditions and much about the history and successes of Publix in the very competitive grocery business.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix in June 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. No real difficult questions, although for this position they were looking for someone who would work odd hours: 4am to 1pm. I said I was fine with that, but that I was going back to school at the end of the summer, and I think that made them reluctant. I thought I was pretty qualified, but apparently they weren't interested.

Interview Questions

• The manager handed me a box of pop-tarts and said, "Here, sell this to me."   Answer Question

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix in July 2009.

Interview

It is fairly easy to get a job at Publix. They sometimes (not always) hire people starting at age 14. I started working at the Destin Publix when I was 15. The application process is automated, and must be done at an in store kiosk. The interview was not too hard either. I didn't even have to rehearse or prepare for it, and I was still hired on the spot (this may be partly because I applied right before the summer season, and it gets BUSY during that time).

Most of the interview questions were pretty basic, like "Tell me about yourself", "what do you think makes a good employee", "what was the hardest decision you made this year and why", "are you a leader or a follower", "how can you contribute to this store", etc.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"
      "what do you think makes a good employee"
      "are you a leader or a follower"   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in September 2008.

Interview

I received a call from the regional HR rep after applying on their intranet application. They expressed interest for an interview which was scheduled immediately for the following week. Prior retail.grocery experience and career interests seemed like their major reasons for following up the application with a 1:1 interview. Professionalism is definitely looked for and appreciated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were made after an initial job offer. Since I would have to travel farther then another local Publix they increase my starting wage to offset the inconvenience and gas costs.

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Oviedo, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

I had worked for Publix in the Deli, a position opened in Produce, I ROI'ed, interviewed, and was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

After you get a call back, the store or department manager will interview you personally. They'll do a typical question process determining your personality and work ethic while reviewing your application with you. If they like what they see they'll give you a call back for a second interview. Getting a second interview means you have the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Publix over any other grocery store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Huntsville, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

Filled out application on computer located within the store and received a call about a month later from the produce manager. He explained the duties of a produce clerk and asked my experience within retail and any grocery experience, and why I might be interested in working with produce. The process was comfortable and easy, like talking to a friend I'd known for a while.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

Filled out the application on the computer, met with the store manager, 10 minute un-official interview then followed. two days later met with assistant store manage who administered a drug test, and formally gave me an interview. one week later I started orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple. It dealt with hourly pay rate only as I have had significant past experience in the department.

Anonymous Employee in Greenacres, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Greenacres, FL).

Interview

Did a meet and greet with the store manager followed by an interview with him asking about my work ethics. We went over what is expected by the associate's working at Publix followed by safety guidelines and procedures.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next couple years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flowery Branch, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Flowery Branch, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Chatted with store manager and produce manager. Somewhat informal due to my years of prior experience. Then I had to take a drug test and wait for the background screening. Also took an in store personality quiz at a kiosk.