Publix Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.0

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in September 2008.

Interview

I received a call from the regional HR rep after applying on their intranet application. They expressed interest for an interview which was scheduled immediately for the following week. Prior retail.grocery experience and career interests seemed like their major reasons for following up the application with a 1:1 interview. Professionalism is definitely looked for and appreciated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were made after an initial job offer. Since I would have to travel farther then another local Publix they increase my starting wage to offset the inconvenience and gas costs.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Huntsville, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

Filled out application on computer located within the store and received a call about a month later from the produce manager. He explained the duties of a produce clerk and asked my experience within retail and any grocery experience, and why I might be interested in working with produce. The process was comfortable and easy, like talking to a friend I'd known for a while.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

Filled out the application on the computer, met with the store manager, 10 minute un-official interview then followed. two days later met with assistant store manage who administered a drug test, and formally gave me an interview. one week later I started orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple. It dealt with hourly pay rate only as I have had significant past experience in the department.

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Publix (Vero Beach, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy basic questions about customer service and background in retail...A one on one Interview.. Then a Drug Test. Wait 3 or 4 days then they call you. I applied about 20 times on Their Keyos. 2 yrs. later I finally got an Interview!

Interview Questions

• 1.When was a time you had difficulty with a customer. What did you do to resolve the situation?
      2.What Retail Background do you have?
      3.Have you worked at Publix Previously?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easiest interview I have ever had. I have experience in hiring from human resources and anybody with a 1/4 of a brain can pass the interview. Overall, just come prepared with some knowledge of Publix and show interest in helping customers.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Columbus, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process just meet with the store manager and go over some specifications about the job. They also run a background check and drug screening on site. The interview process only last a day or two.

Interview Questions

• What you look forward to getting from the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

General introduction by the panel, explanation of the position, benefits of the job and long term career opportunities. The process was very relaxed overall, the management is very helpful and encouraging. Their objective was to make sure I was willing to stay with them for a long term, and that I was enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Availability, desire for a long term career with the company, ability to lift up to 50lbs, wether I was attending school or not ( very accepting of students).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oviedo, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Oviedo, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

I had worked for Publix in the Deli, a position opened in Produce, I ROI'ed, interviewed, and was hired.

Produce Clerk Interview

Interview

Applied in the store
    Received a call that following week
    Basically informed about the job and what they were looking for

Negotiation

They made an offer and I accepted it

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix in June 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. No real difficult questions, although for this position they were looking for someone who would work odd hours: 4am to 1pm. I said I was fine with that, but that I was going back to school at the end of the summer, and I think that made them reluctant. I thought I was pretty qualified, but apparently they weren't interested.

Interview Questions

• The manager handed me a box of pop-tarts and said, "Here, sell this to me."   Answer Question