Publix Produce Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Produce Clerk Interview Questions

Interviews at Publix

1.9

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix in June 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. No real difficult questions, although for this position they were looking for someone who would work odd hours: 4am to 1pm. I said I was fine with that, but that I was going back to school at the end of the summer, and I think that made them reluctant. I thought I was pretty qualified, but apparently they weren't interested.

Interview Questions

• The manager handed me a box of pop-tarts and said, "Here, sell this to me."   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix in July 2009.

Interview

It is fairly easy to get a job at Publix. They sometimes (not always) hire people starting at age 14. I started working at the Destin Publix when I was 15. The application process is automated, and must be done at an in store kiosk. The interview was not too hard either. I didn't even have to rehearse or prepare for it, and I was still hired on the spot (this may be partly because I applied right before the summer season, and it gets BUSY during that time).

Most of the interview questions were pretty basic, like "Tell me about yourself", "what do you think makes a good employee", "what was the hardest decision you made this year and why", "are you a leader or a follower", "how can you contribute to this store", etc.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"
      "what do you think makes a good employee"
      "are you a leader or a follower"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me in for an interview and it took place with the Produce manager and the Assistant store manager. They mainly asked about general basic stuff and why I was leaving my job for Publix. I was offered a job on the spot and went into another room to do an oral drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They just said they were willing to hire me and asked if I had any questions, at the time I didn't think of it but I should have asked for pay, because after me being uncomfortable for a couple seconds the assistant store manager said they would start me 20 cents above minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Nashville, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

I filled out my information on a terminal in the store. That took around 30 minutes. Once my application was pulled, I was brought in, shot the breeze with the interviewer which was an old friend of the family.

Anonymous Employee in Greenacres, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Greenacres, FL).

Interview

Did a meet and greet with the store manager followed by an interview with him asking about my work ethics. We went over what is expected by the associate's working at Publix followed by safety guidelines and procedures.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next couple years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flowery Branch, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Flowery Branch, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Chatted with store manager and produce manager. Somewhat informal due to my years of prior experience. Then I had to take a drug test and wait for the background screening. Also took an in store personality quiz at a kiosk.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Very professional. They handled everything in the right perspective. Gave good judgement. Spoke well about the company. Benefits that came with the company. Great supervisors. Great manager. Awesome training and information on the company. Great place to grow and mature

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in March 2019.

Interview

I had to go through more steps to get hired here then anywhere else ive worked, I was interviewed by four differnt people, but over all they were nice and polite.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied at the in-store kiosk on a Friday. I was called on Saturday to set up and interview for the following Friday. After that interview I was called to do a second interview that Monday and completed the background check and moth swab. I started orientation the following Saturday .

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

You apply in-store at a computer kiosk, then talk to the manager. If you are considered for the position, they will contact you via phone. This usually takes 1-2 weeks. You then come in and talk to the Department Manager and Assistant Department Manager.