Publix Senior Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Hiring process consisted of an initial technical phone screen where basic questions are asked (subnetting, public vs private IP addresses). The 2nd interview was also technical with the manager of the group where he goes over the things you say you know (routing, switching, firewalls, load balancing) and what technologies you've worked on. He gave the oppertunity to ask questions about the company or any technical questions you have to ask. 3rd interview was a panel of about 10 people asking various questions ranging from routing, to switching to load balancing, how you would locate a server on the network using show commands, etc. Final interview was a face to face meeting/lunch with the engineers on site. It was more like an open Q&A about the daily operations, etc and a walk-through of the datacenter.

My initial thought of Publix is that it's a conservative company but I had no idea how conservative they are/were until I asked about telecommuting (they don't allow it), you only get 2 weeks vacation until after 7 years you get an additional 4 days. The thing that shocked me the most was that they invited me to lunch and I HAD TO PAY FOR IT. A company with over $1 billion in cold cash asked a senior Engineer to lunch and made him pay for it. Draw whatever conclusions you want about this place.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would configure SSL offloading on a Cisco ACE load balancer. What's the difference between type 1 and type 2 LSA?   Answer Question

In this day and age, a company that doesn't allow telecommuting at least 1 - 2 days a week clearly doesn't respect a work/life balance. There's no need for me to drive to your data center at 2 in the morning to program a switch/router in Florida. It's stupid.