Publix Stock Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Stock Clerk Interview Questions

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Naples, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Quick interview drug test shortly after. Not much to it after the first online test. Good company if you want to move up with them. But can be very stressful.

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

One interview with assistant manager and I was hired because the store manager was out on vacation. I went in to a store in the area I wanted to work and was hired by one about 10 miles away. They were very upfront with how things operated but their scheduling practices were not relayed well. They basically expect you to be available for any schedule with very little notice if you want to be full time.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a most difficult situation you were in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me the starting pay and the schedule and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Columbia, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

Its a bit militant and Publix culture is sold by each manager that interviews you. They have a prepared process that you quickly realize is the way that Publix wants it presented. You will kind of be asked similar questions by each manager that interviews you. It will seem really inviting, kind of like misery loves company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want Publix over all other companies as a career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ballentine, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Ballentine, SC) in December 2012.

Interview

Family friend was already an employee so it went very smoothly, zero experience in the grocery business but they took me on and trained me. They explained in detail which department I would be working in and what type of duties would be asked of me and what needed to be done on a daily basis, and if I could handle that.

Interview Questions

• What type of worker am I, Why did I choose publix? Do I think working here would be a good fit? Did the companies core values coincide with those of my own etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It took about 2 weeks from applying to hearing back. By the way the application is so stupid. It takes about 45 to 50 minutes to complete the application. Honestly, I think if you can make it through the application process, they will pretty much give you an interview. Questions are vague and are the sort of questions that an interviewer would ask. Once I got the interview, I was interviewed by two managers; assistant manager and the head manager. I think there goal was to see if I had half a brain because you can tell they know who they are going to hire before you walk into the interview.

Essentially, publix is a family oriented and private business and they want people they think will get along with the staff so play the part. Be polite when meeting and introducing yourself to all staff, before your interview ask questions to the supervisors so they know you are candidate who is interested as opposed to others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a difficult obstacle and how you overcame it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied on a computer in the store. It asked a lot of customer service related questions. After that they brought me in and asked me a little about myself and told me I needed a haircut. I got hired and got a haircut.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you have accomplished that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

Easy- In store and took about 40 minutes. About three weeks later they called me back for a interview. There were only three other competitors for the position. I arrived about 15 minutes early. The manager was very nice. Quite an easy interview I'll say. Overall a great experience and hope to get the job!

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied in the store and was referred by a friend. Called into the store by store manager to interview. Basic questions about my behaviors and past experience. Why I would be a good fit, etc. Was hired on the spot and asked when I could start. They did a drug test and set up a date for orientation. Entire process took roughly a month

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to do something unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was informal easy generic questions just to see is I had some common sense and wouldn't slack off

Anonymous Employee in Marathon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Publix (Marathon, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Nothing too terrible, they knew I was a good kid and I believe got the job because of it. I had family in the same store, that probably helped as well.