Publix Stock Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

1.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Publix (Pompano Beach, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

this was a very simple interview. I applied and shortly after they called me in. I walk in the the store and I was about 20 minutes early and the manager was happy to see that. They'd say me down in an office and asked me my goals in life . If I went to school. And if I knew the pros of working here. I didn't and they very clearly lairs it all out.

Interview Questions

• If I wanted to make it a career   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Columbia, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

Its a bit militant and Publix culture is sold by each manager that interviews you. They have a prepared process that you quickly realize is the way that Publix wants it presented. You will kind of be asked similar questions by each manager that interviews you. It will seem really inviting, kind of like misery loves company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want Publix over all other companies as a career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ballentine, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Ballentine, SC) in December 2012.

Interview

Family friend was already an employee so it went very smoothly, zero experience in the grocery business but they took me on and trained me. They explained in detail which department I would be working in and what type of duties would be asked of me and what needed to be done on a daily basis, and if I could handle that.

Interview Questions

• What type of worker am I, Why did I choose publix? Do I think working here would be a good fit? Did the companies core values coincide with those of my own etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It took about 2 weeks from applying to hearing back. By the way the application is so stupid. It takes about 45 to 50 minutes to complete the application. Honestly, I think if you can make it through the application process, they will pretty much give you an interview. Questions are vague and are the sort of questions that an interviewer would ask. Once I got the interview, I was interviewed by two managers; assistant manager and the head manager. I think there goal was to see if I had half a brain because you can tell they know who they are going to hire before you walk into the interview.

Essentially, publix is a family oriented and private business and they want people they think will get along with the staff so play the part. Be polite when meeting and introducing yourself to all staff, before your interview ask questions to the supervisors so they know you are candidate who is interested as opposed to others.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a difficult obstacle and how you overcame it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

simple questions , took less than half an hour , they are just looking for people to work seasonal until the birds fly north, they will fill you with false promises ( could lead to full time) questions were basic and simple.

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience do you have,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Delray Beach, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

2 managers about scenarios of what to do if someone was shoplifting, how do you feel about providing premier customer service. Are you ok with with helping another dept when needed.

Interview Questions

• previous and verification of previous employers   1 Answer

Negotiation

they wanted 8.50, but I was firm in stating that was not an option, and the lowest pay-grade I would consider was 9.50. I in-turn got that paygrade.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Publix (Valdosta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

They asked me a lot of straight forward questions about my experience and availability. They then just spent the rest of the time asking me what my goals were with publix and what I would do to achieve them. They ended with an immediate offer which I accepted on the spot and began working two weeks later. Overall was as easy as can be.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied on a computer in the store. It asked a lot of customer service related questions. After that they brought me in and asked me a little about myself and told me I needed a haircut. I got hired and got a haircut.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you have accomplished that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Publix (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a easy interview process. They are very large company so they are always looking for qualified canadates to fill positions. Just dress nice, use your manners and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was just fine.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Publix (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

it was short and simple and the manager was extremely friendly and very laid back, plus you take the drug test right there, it is a flat cotton swab you put in your mouth for like 10 minutes. the manager liked that I didn't have much experience because he liked to train the employees.