Publix Warehouse Selector Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Publix Warehouse Selector Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied August and received an email the same day to complete 2 forms. Later that day received an email to complete an assessment. 2+ months later email to set up interview. After reading up on their Facebook and employee's opinions, it sounds like males are more likely to get this job than females.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix?   4 Answers
  • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer
  • What would your previous employer say about you?   Answer Question
  • What would your supervisor say about your attendance?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle a stressful situation in or outside of work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Publix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the Publix Candidate Portal. Once I applied I received a email in reference to consent for a background check. Afterwards I received an email for an assessment online which took approximately 30minutes to complete. Weeks later I received an email to schedule for an interview.

Once I scheduled for the interview I arrived at my assigned time. Interview began very informal and relaxed with a tour of the distribution center and meeting of seasoned employees whom were working very hard (seemed to be a slight scare tactic or to ensure you understand the job is hard work). Once the tour was over I sat down with a panel to include the Superintendent whom gave me very direct and straight forward questions and expected the same in regards to answers. Once the interview was over I was told there are several candidates and it may take a while to be contacted in regards to the position but to continue to check my email and wait for further instructions if I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses? (Doesn't have to be job related)   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for a Publix Distribution Center?   Answer Question
    • We all face obstacles and difficult times in life. Name a difficult time in your life and how you faced adversity.   Answer Question
    • What is your strongest attribute?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to the team here at the distribution center?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Publix (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The entire process took two months. My advice would be to pay attention to your email. I submitted my application on April 8 2016. My first response to complete a questionnaire was about a week later. I also revived a email stating to authorize a background check. Two weeks after i received a email stating I was selected for a interview and to pick a time and date. Two weeks after I was told that I was selected to move forward and to select a interview date. Everything you want to know about how much longer it would take and when you should expect a response back you interviewer should answer as he did for me. I received another response by email saying I was selected to move forward two weeks later to come in for a physical agility test which was done electronically by squeezing a matching would tell the instructor how much pressure you are applying to this machine. By the way you can fail this test. After I passed my physical I submitted a oral drug test right then and there. And received a official offer about two weeks later to start. So pay attention to you email spam and all. Everyday check it. Also check the Publix website for you status and good luck to all.

Interview Questions

• How many hours of overtime are you willing to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA).

Interview

Applied for job on feb 6 . I got a called for an interview on feb 25 . Interviewed with one person for about 15 minutes, i then got a tour of the warehouse. Afterward i was told if i received an email between 24 48 hrs, i didn't get selected for position. The next day i recieved a call from h.r . Informing me i was selected and to schedule drug screen and strength test. So i scheduled it for March 1, 2016. (Swab test) was told background could take 10-14 days . They called March 29, 2016 to offer me position. I start April 11, 2016 . Never give up !!!

Interview Questions

• Why was u right candidate for position
      Position ?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Deerfield Beach, FL).

Interview

drug test, back ground check, interview, person doing interview walked you through the warehouse, showing the different departments, explaining the about safety, being on time and showing for your work day, showed a short film, and benefits Publix has to offer. The person doing interview was very nice person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Publix   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

it was easy applied online got an email about 3 weeks later stating that i had an interview i scheduled the interview went in for the interview very nice and easy interview took me around the warehouse gave me an idea of what i would be doing told me the times i would be working and the pay amount took a mouth swab drug test it took approximately 2 weeks from the time i interview to the day i actually started working. great place to work

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Publix (Lakeland, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

20 min interview with a pre-selected list of questions. Online system mostly but occasionally a rep will call to set it up. A few others waiting, apparently they scheduled people over each other so I had to wait 90 minutes.

The manager said they check a yes or no on your form then submit it to the hiring manager. He said he would check yes and hoped I would be hired. Communicate clearly and professionally and you'll do well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Performance based pay, so no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dacula, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Publix (Dacula, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online
    Scheduled for interview
    Got there 30 mins earlier but took 15 mins to park
    Went in and sat till the interviewer greeted me and took me to an office. He asked what i knew about the job then after responding to him, he told me everything about the job and said he likes telling people should in case they go somewhere else for a similar interview they find it easier. And he asked me 10 questions which i answered all well but the third day i received a mail that i was not chosen. I know he probably thinks i cant do the job because of my looks because i answered all the questions well.

Interview Questions

• Why publix
      What you think about the word integrity
      What do i do currently
      1 Answer

Warehouse Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I applied online through the Publix careers web site. A few days later I received an email inviting me to take an online test (work attitude survey). I completed the test within the time frame they gave (48 hours).

Then came the long wait. About 2 weeks went by before I heard back from Publix. They emailed me to let me know I had been selected to interview for the position. The email contained a link to a site which had multiple dates/times to choose from for the interview. I selected the earliest date and time. I thought it might show I was very interested in the position

Fast forward to the interview. I arrived 25 minutes early. It took about 10 minutes to park, clear the security gate and get to the building in which the interview was held. So I still arrived 15 minutes early like their carrers site suggests. I waited for about 5 minutes before being taken back for the interview. Side note I wore dress pants with a shirt and tie and dress shoes. I also was clean shaven. I wanted to make a good impression even though it was essentially an entry level job.

The interview was really laid back. And by laid back, I mean laid back! It was as if I just stopped by to talk with a friend. I expected a traditional formal type interview so I was thrown off guard with how relaxed it was. The interview consisted of a brief resume review (bring a copy of your resume, I did and it was very much appreciated). I was asked a little about my employment history and my current job title. Then I was told the interview consisted of 8 simple questions. Starting with the most obvious question 'why publix?'. I was asked each question and gave the best answer I could. These questions seemed to fly by and before I knew it I was asked if I had any questions. I'm glad I prepared some to ask. Asking my questions and receiving answers lasted longer than the previous part of the interview. I asked questions that I actually wanted to have answered and not one just to look good. I asked about what my top priority would be if I got the job, the attitude amongst the warehouse staff, any uniform requirements and if he could explain how the standard index pay system worked. This last question actually helped out with knowing what the pay scale was without directly asking how much will I earn.

From what I was told it seemed as if the main concern for management was to have dependable employees who would turn up everyday and didn't mind fast paced repetitive work. My almost perfect attendance at my current job of 10 years helped reassure my point and I made sure to let him know that I was interested in the position and that repetitive physical work is what I am used to.

After I finished my questions I was aked if I wanted to see the warehouse. I said yes. While in there he explained what inventory they have, what the selectors do and how they do it.

We returned back to the interview room where I was given a a timeline of when I would hear back from the employment office on whether I got the job or not. 2-3 weeks was the timeline. Then the interview was over.

I left feeling not too confident. Only for the fact that it was really laid back. 3 long weeks went by before I got a call from the employment office inviting me to come by to complete a physical agility test. I went and it was a basic strength and dexterity test. Testing pushing, pulling and squeezing on their special equipment. I was then told I passed and then given the official job offer. Took a drug test and the results will determine if I get the job or not. I don't do drugs so the job is mine.

I wrote a long review because I couldn't find any in depth reviews while searching online so I hope this is helpful or it adds some insight into the interview process

Warehouse Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Publix.

Interview

I showed up 15 minutes early and was interviewed right away. I was not given a time frame of when I would know whether I earned the job but I'm qualified and think I did well. The process was very friendly and more of a laid back style. No questions asked are really difficult. Learn somethings about Publix's background and you will do well.

Interview Questions

• Name something you do everyday that shows your attention to detail.   1 Answer