Pubmatic Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pubmatic Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pubmatic in March 2015.

Interview

I have signed NDA and thus cannot disclose all details. I wish to share the experience to give as a good feedback. Initially contacted by the recruiter for a phone screen . 2 weeks later the recruiter contacted to set-up phone technical round which also had coding by screen sharing. Received the results an hour later to schedule onsite round. A week later flew to onsite location. There were 5 rounds. 4 technical and one non-technical. Received results an hour later.

Interview Questions

• One of the best interview rounds I have given on phone and onsite. The test is on problem solving and logical thinking and not just on learning how to solve a interview question available on internet or popular books.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pubmatic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pubmatic (Pune (India)).

Interview

1. Technical Aptitude - logical questions ,datastructure complexity, C ,OOPS,quant(few)
    2. Technical round 1 JAVA ,datastructure,C,Database,SQL queries,UNIX operating System
    3. Technical round 2 project related questions ,puzzles
    4.HR

Interview Questions

• Technical round 1 & 2:
      1.UNIX based questions ,project related questions,
      2. SQL queries, joins ,normalization
      3. Stacks ,Queue, using linkedlist ,array,Sorting ,Linked list loop detect,
      4.puzzles
      5.situation analysis
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sangli, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pubmatic (Sangli, Maharashtra (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Technical Aptitude test- Based on Unix,Shell scripting,Regex,Data Structure,C,C++,Java,Database,Logical reasoning
    Interview 1 - Basic Data structure very imp and puzzles , Linux commands
    interview 2 - Java , Data Structure Programs, C, Project
    HR - Simple HR questions

Interview Questions

• Finding last 5 lines of continuous log generated by server   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pubmatic.

Interview

3 Technical rounds and 1 HR round. 1 technical round was mostly focused on problem solving, another one on algorithms. Focus was mostly on logic and less syntax specific. All over it was a good experience. The interviewer seemed to have good technical knowledge. Some questions where around concurrent execution.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pubmatic in July 2015.

Interview

There overall hiring process was good..
    Rounds are as follows:
    1)Aptitude -c,c++,java,database,data structures and quantitative aptitude questions. Total 30 questions are there weighing each section equal no of question.
    2)1st technical interview( questions on overall your knowledge about all subjects like data structures, database and one language that u prefers c,cpp or java...)
    3)2nd technical interview ( questions will be based on your strengths and in which you are expert then you should know in depth)
    4)HR interview (nominal just for formality)

Finally that you are most awaited for it Offer letter.

Interview Questions

• what is OOPs and features of oops?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pubmatic (Pune (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

There was an aptitude in which there were questions based on C++,core java,RDBMS ,general aptitude followed by 3 technical interview rounds and 1 HR round .There was elemination for each round . 1'st round was basic round in which some basics of programming and databases were checked ,2'nd round was based on detail OOP concepts of java and operating systems and 3'rd
    round was managerial round in which overall technical skills were tested

Interview Questions

• 1)Questions related to previos projects and resume
      2)Questions related to data bases (MySQL joins) and queries related to that
      3)Questions related to data structures
      4)Questions related to previos java(as I have prefferd)
      5)Questions related to basics of operating systems(process management , thrashing, deadlock)
      6)Questions related to basic networking concepts(HTTP ,cookies)
      7)Questions related to private public key cryptography
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

The recruiting process consisted of 4 rounds
    1. Technical written test.
          questions on c++,java,database,quant and data structure.
    2.Technical interview
    3.technical interview
    4.HR round

the technical written test consisted of 30 questions and time given was 60 minutes.
    5 questions from each of the above mentioned areas.

Interview Questions

• the question were very basic and written test pretty simple   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pubmatic (Pune (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Long and tedious. Went on for two hours. Asked a lot of questions on databases. Specifically mysql queries. Asked questions on basic c and c++ like what is inheritance. Asked a few logical questions and quizzes. I was interviewed by two engineers in their cabin. Each one wanted me to answer their questions. I was just being bombarded with questions. Overall experience was tiring.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pubmatic (Pune (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Had applied for the position of an AdServer developer. The interview was primarily around Algorithms, Data Structures and Operating system fundamentals. There are typically three rounds. One telephonic and two face to face. Most of them spaning for less than an hour.

Interview Questions

• Problems based on pattern matching, data serialization, multithreading, dynamic programming etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pubmatic (Pune (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

structured process, easy aptitude , basic questions in technical interviews , c, c++ ,java , ds, os ,cn,
    quant basics.. sorting ,searching ,linked lists ,trees ,puzzles ,data structures ..overall process is average difficulty ..