Puget Sound Energy Senior Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Puget Sound Energy Senior Business Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Puget Sound Energy

1 Interview Review

1.0

Senior Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Puget Sound Energy (Bothell, WA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online with a referral from a current employee. The process took more than one month. They were slow to follow through on their action items, e.g., to schedule an on-site interview, to provide details for the on-site interview, etc. The hiring manager, not a recruiter, called and emailed me to schedule a phone interview first. After the phone interview, they said to expect an answer early the following week. When I didn't hear anything by the end of that following week, I emailed the hiring manager asking for updates. They replied saying they would get back to me the next morning. They didn't. I emailed at the beginning of the next week asking for updates again. The hiring manager scheduled an on-site interview for the following week. I asked for more details regarding the nature of the interview. The hiring manager emailed me a list of names for the two-hour on-site interview. Since there were at least two names per time slot, this meant it would be a panel style interview. In my experience, panel style interviews are inefficient and not well planned, as the interviewers continually look to each other to lead the interview, resulting in no leadership during the interview.

This particular on-site interview was not well executed, as each interviewer had the same set list of questions to ask me. If my answer to one question also answered a future question, I was asked to repeat my answer for that future question so they could take hand-written notes. Since each interviewer took notes by hand, the entire process was slowed down and did not allow for natural conversation to flow. One of the interviewing managers hardly looked at me during the interview, which was unprofessional as half of the questions were asked by this individual. One of the transitions between interview rounds was not smooth, as one of the interviewers assumed the hiring manager was returning to the room after a couple minutes, so this interviewer stalled with small talk for five to seven minutes before realizing they were wasting time for no reason.

At the end of my interview, I asked the hiring manager if it was possible for them to give me their decision by the next day, as I restated that had an offer from another company that required my decision by then. The hiring manager flat-out said no because they were bringing in another individual for an on-site interview that perfectly matched the job description and said that they would most likely hire this other individual. I felt that my time was wasted if they were that confident in extending an offer to someone who they hadn't interviewed yet but believed to be more qualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince business leaders to get excited about big data?   Answer Question