Pulte Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pulte Homes (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Relaxed and more like a conversation. I came prepared to talk about my experiences in customer service and a few questions about the position. The interviewers provided me with information on their background and what they did for the company.

Assistant Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pulte Homes (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was standard. Suit and tie, and met with two panels. One consisting of mostly office personnel, the other with field managers. They were very professional, asking pertinent questions and open to any and all questions I had. It made the interview a much more comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• What do yo think would make you excel in this position?   Answer Question

Payroll Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview

Applied online and 2 weeks later (15days) I received a call and a phone interview was scheduled and conducted by the recruiting specialist. The following week i received a call to schedule a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Interview went well in my opinion. It was more of a conversation rather than a question and answer session. I am now awaiting a response to proceed with the next steps.

Interview Questions

• Description of past duties with previous employer.   1 Answer

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview

Applied online and received a call 4 days latter. Interviewer was young and unprofessional, when asking questions she/he said he/she has been with the company for 10 yrs and when I google her/him I found he/she only worked for Pulte less than 3 years. Also said in less than 10 days he/she would contact me to say if no or yes we would proceed with interviews and never emailed or called.
    For me integrity is very important specially in sales I wouldn't work in an environment where the sales trainer/interviewer lies or has poor professionalism following up.
    Every location is different, I just had bad luck.

Interview Questions

• The last company you worked was small? I am not familiar ...   1 Answer

Purchasing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pulte Homes (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two interviewers. Series of questions that seems like you will be working in an accounting department but definitely not even close to accounting. I would like to believe I was tricked into a job that was not what I was looking for but did not know that until AFTER going through training. Once training was over they threw you to the wolves and graded every mistake you made. The mistakes count against your productivity and your bonus after your 3 months of probationary period. Making a minor mistake is very easy but correcting a mistake that you thought was minor was harder than taking college calculus in the 2nd grade.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate a higher salary for the work that you have to do. $40,000 isn't enough for the headache you will endure.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview

Met a career fair, phone interview, and then invited to an overnight information and interview session. Pretty casual, interviewed with multiple departments. Great all around experience! Kind group of people and really fun company atmosphere. Great opportunity, but sales work primarily on weekends. Would suggest this job and company to anyone, just have to be able to make the sacrifice off odd office hours and weekends.

Interview Questions

• Why Pulte Group? Talked with four different groups. They were trying to decide what you liked and what department that you would be the best fit in.   1 Answer

I declined because the work was focused on the weekends, and two days off either monday/ tuesday or thursday/friday and wasn't willing to sacrifice weekends for a non-salary job.

Field Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pulte Homes.

Interview

The interview process was very refreshing a personable. I was interview by three different managers of different departments in Pulte and I could tell they were a very close knit organization. It seemed we had more of a 45 minute conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you showed up on job site and one of the workers was not wearing his/her hard hat?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Pulte Homes in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Went through 2 phone interviews. Was sent to a mixer at a local restaurant with 30 other candidates. Went to a a 2 on 1 face to face interview. Was then sent to meet with a trainer site agent for over 2 hours. After almost 2 months of keeping me hanging and being told I would make a fine addition to the team, I received a email stating they were going with someone else.

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pulte Homes (Charleston, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

First round interview was with the director of procurement and a procurement associate. It was a get to know you interview, where they judged if you would be a good culture fit or not. They also were looking for sharp candidates with excellent communication skills. Second round interview was with the director of procurement and the comptroller. More technical questions that were skill focused. Great overall experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pulte Homes?   1 Answer

HRIS Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pulte Homes (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was interviewed by a Search Firm because there were no Recruiters at the time. I had several phone screens with the Search Firm. I then did a phone interview with the hiring manager. Finally, I was flown to Michigan to interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were not satisfied with your performance?   1 Answer