Pulte Homes Sales Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pulte Homes (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

I was referred to the management team from an employee. I provided my resume and then met with the VP and GSM for an initial interview. My secondary interviews were with the VP of finance, VP of construction and the mortgage branch manager. It is a collaborative team effort and while you probably don't have to blow away the managers your not reporting to, you better not disappoint. Overall, it wasn't stressful and everyone was fair and nice. They want you to succeed. They want you to be the person they are looking for.

You should have a good understanding of the new home sales process and have the ability to ask and answer questions powerfully in the interview. Remember, they are looking for someone who can interview customers, answer objections and sniff out motivation so you are on demonstration when interviewing. Ask them as many questions as they ask you.

Don't forget to follow up after your interview. You are a sales person and this is a skill they are testing. If you interview and never call them back then you failed the test and they won't call you. You don't have to be desperate but "status" update follow up and progressing your own sale is critical!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I couldn't negotiate much. They have a level playing field when paying commissions to the team. If you are in a low priced community or have to commute a long way see if you can get an extra .1 .2 % to help. Don't be surprised if the answer is no. Community is critical. Not every community is a home run so do your research on how many homes are selling and for what price. Ask for positions and opportunities to get into the best communities. It will pay off.

Other Interview Reviews for Pulte Homes

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pulte Homes (Houston, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Offered me a job the first day I met with management

Negotiation

Accepted offer but the structure was changed within three months.