Purch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.1

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purch (Boston, MA).

Interview

this is an awful company - the interviewer did not ask many questions. then strung me along for over a month and had the nerve to say to me you are not our top choose but if it does not work out with the other applicants we would like to come back to you. NO that is not how you treat people let alone someone interested in your organization

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purch (Plano, TX).

Interview

They basically gave me a sample project before I come for the interview. I did it pretty well and it took me 2 to 3 days to complete. I ended up being rejected and they have some free work done. Looks like a strategy to me.

The questions were very vague and not being specific to the technology. Their network was horrible and the video conference was pathetic.

Please think about it, if they ask you to do a sample project.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purch (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

phone interview --> 1st in-person interview --> second in-person interview --> no follow-up

I find it completely rude and unprofessional that after two in-person interviews, where people may be taking time off work and traveling to the office in Midtown days before Christmas, that no one in this company had the decency to let the applicants know that they did not receive the position.

The first person many applicants may have contact with is flakey and does not seem to understand how his or her email inbox works (once you have asked a candidate to provide interview times, they should not have to badger you for a confirmation DAYS later)

Do not apply to this company, they do not respect applicants' time or sacrifices made to attend interviews. They intended to hire internally all along.

Interview Questions

• What type of role are you looking for?   1 Answer

Production Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Purch.

Interview

I applied after being referred to by an acquaintance. After emailing back and forth with the hiring team in Utah I met the team located in New York, since that was the office I applied with. The interview itself went very smoothly, I clicked with everyone in the room. I sent everyone emails that afternoon and felt I got a very positive response from the hiring team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Purch (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from my future boss to come in for an interview. After the interview, I received a call from someone in HR telling me that my references came through, and I could join the team. The first week involves a virtual orientation, and fairly simple on-boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to apply?   1 Answer

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purch (American Fork, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR initially a few days after submitting my resume. Interview was conducted in a conference room in American Fork and was casual/semi-formal with one of the directors and the hr contact which contacted me.

Interview Questions

• Standard QA. Nothing unusual.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me how much I was making at my previous employer, I responded, and asked how much they were offering in a round about fashion, they answered. There seemed to be little flexibility with the salary, since it was better than what I was receiving, I accepted.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Purch.

Interview

Very courteous and friendly. Seemed more interested in getting to know me than finding out about my qualifications and credentials. There were several managers involved. It was fairly easy.

Product Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purch (Ogden, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

At the time, the HR manager was Ernesto. He was great. He followed up with me quickly and was a friendly face of the company. He scheduled my interview and sent me the online skills test to submit.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my personal interests and what I liked to do in my free time. The interview questions did not have much to do with the actual job description.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Purch (Ogden, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

It was a pretty easy process. I knew someone who worked there and she gave my resume to HR. I had two phone calls with my eventual supervisor, and then one f2f meeting with him and the head of HR. I was hired within a week after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them what I had been making at my last job, and he told me immediately that he could not match that. So I took a $10K hit because I liked the job.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Purch (Ogden, UT) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial interview is with the HR Director and the IT Director. This is a personality interview - very few technical questions at all. Low pressure - the interview is in the HR Directors office.

If they like you, they will pass you on to the Development Director. This is the technical interview - you will be asked to use a whiteboard to show how to do some basic tasks (e.g, design a data model to do A, then modify it to do B). You will be asked about OOP techniques and Agile methods. Don't worry too much - you'll never get the chance to use them correctly once you accept the position.

If you pass the Development Directors interview, you'll be asked to complete an online PHP and Javascript test. These are common - if you've done any serious interviewing recently, you'll probably recognize the questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain Polymorphism from an OO viewpoint   2 Answers

Negotiation

They seem to pay people on a standard scale. If you're related to the CEO (too many people in Techmedia are...), you get a good salary. If not, you get an average salary.
    If you're considering an offer, do it from the basis of 'Do I need a job'. If you're looking for a career, with advancement and responsibility, look elsewhere.