Purdue University Business Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (Hammond, IN) in May 2009.

Interview

The University's Human Rescource Department notified me that I had been selected for an initial telephone interview. The questions were very generic asking if I liked to work with people, if I liked to work with numbers, explaining the hours, and salary. Next, I received a telephone call for a panel interview on campus. This was a joke. The panel members were very smug and seemed to look down on me. I finally realized why, they felt threatened.... I later found out through a contact in their Human Resource area that my qualifications exceeded most of the qualifications of those interviewing me. I have a CPA with prior University experience. Although the job posting required prior accounting experience, not one accounting question was asked of me. The questions were more of conflict resolution and performance problems regarding those I would supervise.
This leads me to believe they really need a "referee" not a Business Manager.......not interested...playground stuff...

Interview Questions

• How would you go about getting an employee to show up for work on time or at all?   1 Answer
  • What incentives would you use to get an employee to complete a project?   1 Answer