Purdue University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Purdue University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.5

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Very informal, just met with the professor for about one hour. She told me about the project and I told her about my background and how I could help with the project.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Purdue University

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview with faculty advisor, interview with potential school/college, you may or may not get a call ahead, but definitely will interview in person and sometimes it involves a few days stay.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Brief phone conversation over the phone and applied to the school. Asked about past experience and background. The conversation was directly with the advisor. Transcripts, Test scores and other application material needed to be submitted. Then the graduate school evaluated and provided admission. The offer later was generated by the department. Visa letters were generated by ISS office.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Interviewed with a professor (potential academic advisor) about academic interests. Was asked questions on detailed research experience on the resume. Talked about his research labs and equipment. Asked the professor some question that I was interested in.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Email the professor and got a skype interview. Two research faculty and RA students were in charge of it. Some basic technical questions around the resume. Got an offer after two months.

Interview Questions

• Questions around Resume. What kind of technical skills do you have (like C++)   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

One 10-minutes' one-on-one phone-screen interview mostly talking about casual topics like vacations, foods, etc. No technic questions at all. I guess they just wanted to have a sense of my language and communication skills.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Met with numerous professors to talk about what they research. Then they ask you questions about working in the lab and your past experience in lab as well as getting to know you

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied and was awarded an offer through the department I applied to. After the offer, there was a "retreat" weekend where you were flown to Purdue and talked with professors, grad students, staff, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your research goals fit in with the program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Had submitted application for PhD. The professor who interviewed me had already emailed me saying that he was very impressed with my profile, and wanted to have a short conversation to discuss my interests. The interview was more about how interested I was about working in his group, rather than to check if I met his requirements. The interview was satisfying, and I was offered admission and a university fellowship a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• A couple of basic technical questions pertaining to previous research experience   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I just got the email and interview in person. I just showed my published data. the boss looks he likes that. end of interview, I asked the result whether I got that position or not, he answered directly, probably ok