Purdue University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Purdue University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview. Talk about your research work and listen to interviewer's introduction of the research of Purdue University. The interviewer asked details in your work. Involve some concept explanation.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual and comfortable Skype interview. Did not exceed 30 minutes. Primarily went over functions of jobs and my background. Interviewer answered my questions in great detail. Described the town and what to expect as far as living in the area.

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

At first ,you have to submit your profile. Then, they will go through it. If they like it, they will call you for an interview Interview might last for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why we will choose you for the job   1 Answer

Administravive Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Each department has their own process. It usually begins with a phone interview and then a formal interview with several people followed with a follow up after the process is complete.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to voice an unpopular opinion?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied by sending all the documents to the head of the search committee (CV, cover letter research and teaching statements). After a month I was contacted by the head of the committee and wet through brief phone interview. The interview took about 30 mins and the purpose was to explain the position better (although it is not common for the SHS to do phone pre-interviews). The opening was originally for tenured position, however the head liked my resume so wanted to consider to expand the position for tenure-track as well. In next three weeks I got an invitation for on-site interview. The on-site took 2+ days. Started with dinner with the head of the search committee, the next day breakfast with other staff, followed by number of 1 to 1 30-minute interviews and 50 talk. In the evening dinner with the head of the department. The last day breakfast and more interviews including tour and meeting the students and the dean. Overall very exhausting, but very nice people. Never felt being interviewed. Very nice talks with the faculty members. My impression was that they tried to see if I would fit well with other members and how would possible collaboration would go. Very friendly atmosphere. Only 3 candidates were selected for on-site interviews.
    Another candidate has been selected for the position and unfortunately, they didn't tell me that so had to reach back and ask twice how is the process going.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for grant proposal? (more detailed plan, where to propose, what types of grant etc)   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (Marlborough, MA).

Interview

1. Presentation for one hour about PhD research and then Q&A
    there are some good technical questions
    2. Meeting with individuals in the team, about 8 peoples in total
    General personality questions and some technical questions
    3. Lunch with team members
    4. Dinner with team members

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you choose Dow?
      2. What is your research in PhD?
      3. What is your strengths and weaknesses?
      It took very long time for me get their final decision.
      Answer Question

Sponsored Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people. They only mentioned one before the interview. I made it through the first interview but was not invited back for the second interview. The people I interviewed with took turns asking questions and are required to right down everything I said. Interview questions were standard questions. They email a couple months later through their computer system that you didn't get the job

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call to set up an in-person interview. The interview was a group panel with 5-6 persons. One was the hiring leaders, but not a supervisor. The interview was of a set of questions that were pre-arranged and the questions were designed by the group panel. As the questions were asked, each person would take notes. I attempted to make eye contact with each person while paying attention to the person posing the question. The questions ranged in topic, but mainly were to explain how I would fit into the normal work expectations. I was explained that there would be a second with the department director and a third with the Department Head. The interview lasted approximately one hour.

Interview Questions

• Give an example how you previously dealt with a frustrating situation?   Answer Question

Logistics and Scheduling Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University in October 2014.

Interview

After several phone calls, emails, an in-person interview conducted by two people within the office, and a seperate in-person from HR the interview process was complete. It was a long interview process, but about what you would expect from a big ten school. There was a lot of red tape you had to go through to actually apply for the job, but again all expected. they did have questions already prepared from HR that they were required to ask each candidate. I felt the interview was pretty formal overall.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks from job application (Taleo.net) until HR sent me an email asking me to update something on my application. A week later got a phone call from hiring manager to schedule interview for the following Monday. Interview was panel style with multiple members from the team.

Interview Questions

• First question was asked to draw a network diagram. Was caught off guard and unprepared.   1 Answer
    • Was asked about familiarity with any routing protocols.   1 Answer
    • Was asked about troubleshooting steps if a campus user's network connection was not working.   1 Answer