Purdue University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.5

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in May 2010.

Interview

one whole day interview from morning to late afternoon, including an about one-hour presentation, 1:1 interviews with about 6-7 lab scientists and managers.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (Hammond, IN) in May 2009.

Interview

The University's Human Rescource Department notified me that I had been selected for an initial telephone interview. The questions were very generic asking if I liked to work with people, if I liked to work with numbers, explaining the hours, and salary. Next, I received a telephone call for a panel interview on campus. This was a joke. The panel members were very smug and seemed to look down on me. I finally realized why, they felt threatened.... I later found out through a contact in their Human Resource area that my qualifications exceeded most of the qualifications of those interviewing me. I have a CPA with prior University experience. Although the job posting required prior accounting experience, not one accounting question was asked of me. The questions were more of conflict resolution and performance problems regarding those I would supervise.
    This leads me to believe they really need a "referee" not a Business Manager.......not interested...playground stuff...

Interview Questions

• How would you go about getting an employee to show up for work on time or at all?   1 Answer
    • What incentives would you use to get an employee to complete a project?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

It was extensive and I was well informed of the job role. I met the full leadership team as well as the team I would be working with on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you about this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered two positions actually, but felt I was a better fit with the position I applied for.

IMPACT Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

I got this job position information thank to employee referral.
    After reviewing my CV, I got an interview request.
    1st interview with a manager (a direct supervisor)
    2nd interview with senior management team (3 interviewers)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Purdue University in February 2012.

Interview

I contacted my interested Professor. And he gave me a paper to reproduce one of figures. Though it's hard and I didn't work it out, he finally gave me the offer.

Negotiation

I cannot negotiate about the offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Brief phone conversation over the phone and applied to the school. Asked about past experience and background. The conversation was directly with the advisor. Transcripts, Test scores and other application material needed to be submitted. Then the graduate school evaluated and provided admission. The offer later was generated by the department. Visa letters were generated by ISS office.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Overall the interview process was good, relaxed, and informative. The interview consisted of a phone screen. Followed up the phone screen with a one on two interview with the manager and the lead. Overall it was a good experience.

Logistics and Scheduling Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University in October 2014.

Interview

After several phone calls, emails, an in-person interview conducted by two people within the office, and a seperate in-person from HR the interview process was complete. It was a long interview process, but about what you would expect from a big ten school. There was a lot of red tape you had to go through to actually apply for the job, but again all expected. they did have questions already prepared from HR that they were required to ask each candidate. I felt the interview was pretty formal overall.

Facility Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

1. What's your leadership style. 2. Do you have any past working experience in the related area. 3. What's your teamwork spirit. 4. Why do you think you are competent of working here. 5. What's the most important quality you nee to work here. 6. Ask a question to the interviewers

Program Manager Afghanistan - International Programs In Agriculture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long. The first interview was over the phone with the 2 department heads. Then I went in for an in person interview that extended to talking with everyone that worked in the department. It lasted for 5 hours. It was a very friendly staff, but seriously overworked. I did get all of my questions answered about the position and the risks involved. The head of the department would not talk compensation until after they had talked to 3 of my work references. I have only worked at 1 company for 9 years and could not use them so coming up with 3 references that they were happy with was very difficult. After it was all done, the salary was not enough any way and I was glad that I did not jeopardize my current position to give them a reference there. They were extremely pushy about that and not willing to work around it. For the risks and work load involved, the salary was not enough.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer