Purdue University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

I contacted the professor I want to work with. I knew his work very well and he was the reason I came to Purdue. I send him my resume and told him I was very interested in his research. We had a couple email back and forth discussing his research and potential research topic I may be involved in. Then he agreed to hire me as research assistant.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in? What do you know about our work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University in March 2015.

Interview

The process was very relaxed compared to some other interviews. Exchanged some pleasantries with the two people interviewing me and then we went through the questions. As long as you had supervisor experience, you were able to answer the questions easily.

Interview Questions

• How would you professionally voice yourself if you had an issue with your Supervisor   Answer Question

TA Interview

Interview

Easy interview basic questions understanding of subject
    communication skills tested and ability to listen and understand
    English screening test required
    Testing your ability to teach communicate understand write and read

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Submit your resume
    Phone Interview
    Second phone interview
    Face to face interview
    Tour of the workplace
    Offer

Due to the requirements of equal opportunity employer requirements, every candidate is asked the same questions. So you can expect the questions to be very generic.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you've worked on in the past year that you are most proud of   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

reached out by emailing the professor who is responsible for teaching that particular class
    The professor knew had I already taken the class previously, he refreshed me about the duties of the
    job, and the interview was based pretty much on my performance on in the class and behavioral questions

responsibilities before hand. Once

Interview Questions

• how would you manage answering questions asked by multiple students at the same time?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Very informal, just met with the professor for about one hour. She told me about the project and I told her about my background and how I could help with the project.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (Lafayette, IN).

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions, fairly simple. Most positions here require little to no experience in the field. Initial interview starts with business operations position, then moves to a panel of workers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered an issue working in a group and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Purdue University in August 2014.

Interview

Not too hard. Do well in the course. Express your interest to the instructor and/or department head. Also, make sure that you have good time management and organization skills since teaching assistantship can steal away from your academics during some part of the semester.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teaching assistant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You start off with a little over minimum wage but with the annual raises, I'd say the salary is good to pay for your living expenses while you study at Purdue.

Secretary IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview at first. I came in for a face to face interview with 3 people. They each took turns asking questions. It became more of a discussion. I felt comfortable almost immediately. After I spoke with them, I went to a member of the IT team and had a technical interview about computers and basic software.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Skype Interview. Talk about your research work and listen to interviewer's introduction of the research of Purdue University. The interviewer asked details in your work. Involve some concept explanation.