Purdue University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.5

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (Marlborough, MA).

Interview

1. Presentation for one hour about PhD research and then Q&A
    there are some good technical questions
    2. Meeting with individuals in the team, about 8 peoples in total
    General personality questions and some technical questions
    3. Lunch with team members
    4. Dinner with team members

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you choose Dow?
      2. What is your research in PhD?
      3. What is your strengths and weaknesses?
      It took very long time for me get their final decision.
      Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Purdue University (Hammond, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

there was no interview acutely it was a recommendation from other employee to me. So, manger called me and he already gave me my shift time . basically, it is a student job and shift takes 4 hours. easy job.

Interview Questions

• are you able to come on the time and be positive and help the team?   Answer Question

Sponsored Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people. They only mentioned one before the interview. I made it through the first interview but was not invited back for the second interview. The people I interviewed with took turns asking questions and are required to right down everything I said. Interview questions were standard questions. They email a couple months later through their computer system that you didn't get the job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

One 10-minutes' one-on-one phone-screen interview mostly talking about casual topics like vacations, foods, etc. No technic questions at all. I guess they just wanted to have a sense of my language and communication skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Met with numerous professors to talk about what they research. Then they ask you questions about working in the lab and your past experience in lab as well as getting to know you

Secretary IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview at first. I came in for a face to face interview with 3 people. They each took turns asking questions. It became more of a discussion. I felt comfortable almost immediately. After I spoke with them, I went to a member of the IT team and had a technical interview about computers and basic software.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied and was awarded an offer through the department I applied to. After the offer, there was a "retreat" weekend where you were flown to Purdue and talked with professors, grad students, staff, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your research goals fit in with the program.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

Mainly talked to the professor who I will be work for in the future. Not a hard interview as long as your have a good record academically and connections that will introduce you to the job opportunity. Since there is teaching involved, for non-English speaker, whose native language is not English, a test for English proficiency is also required before you can take the job.

Extension Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I was the only candidate for the position, I was given very basic questions to respond to and asked to give a presentation. Very easy interview process as the company was eager to fill the position, as it had been vacant for over a year.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a program you would deliver to the community?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was 2 hours long and compromised of both a technical and a behavioral portion. The response from my application was quick and the interview was set up in the same week. I expressed my interest through email and was contacted back with a resume request. After the interview, they liked me enough to hire me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is one aspect of web development that interests you the most and why?   Answer Question