Purdue University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview

first email the process and check for project availability and your skills to see match or not; usually will have a response in a week; it's easier and better to ask the professor in person

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Purdue University

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Purdue University in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual and comfortable Skype interview. Did not exceed 30 minutes. Primarily went over functions of jobs and my background. Interviewer answered my questions in great detail. Described the town and what to expect as far as living in the area.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Purdue University (Troy, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview through Skype. The questions are specific questions about research experience I put on the resume. The interview was not long. The interviewer concerned how my background matched the requirements of the project.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online for the REU through the NSF website. A few weeks later, I received an email asking to arrange the phone conversation. The program director told me more about the program and answered my questions. I think she decided to take me before the phone call. Then she arranged a call between me and my PIs where we discussed our mutual research interests.

Research Assistance Interview

Interview

phone called, and then asked for interest for PhD. Decide to go with PhD and get funding for RAship and TAship all those goof stuffs. Interview is not hard, checked what my interest was and asked if want to work together.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

My advisor and I were firstly communicating by emails. He asked me a few questions about my background. Later, he offered me an face to face interview and we had a breakfast together. He offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question is that "do you have a girlfriend or wife"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

I contacted the professor I want to work with. I knew his work very well and he was the reason I came to Purdue. I send him my resume and told him I was very interested in his research. We had a couple email back and forth discussing his research and potential research topic I may be involved in. Then he agreed to hire me as research assistant.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in? What do you know about our work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

This position did not require any interviewing. Applicants were required to submit academic transcripts, a resume with cover letter and a personal statement expressing background, qualifications and professional ambition.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult encounter was with trying to decide which research group to work for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) in May 2010.

Interview

Spoke with my professor on May, 2007. Questions were regarding my background, GPA and what I look forward in renewable energy research.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about working on a project outside Electrical Engineering? For example projects closer to material science.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Purdue University in January 2008.

Interview

talk around with people in the department. easy questions