Pure Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Recruiter call, One phone call, two onsite interviews. the process took 3/4 week to start and close. overall the experience was good.I had applied online.onsite i had one stress interview as well.

Interview Questions

• On my CV, Previous projects, Why Pure, and a lot of product questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer() Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

Recruiter reached out followed by one online coding challenge and two on-sites. Most interviewers are not friendly or communicative. It was very difficult to talk with them. Looks like they are not looking for engineers. They only want to train some employees’ communication skills. Totally waste of time. Stay away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was provided a hacker rank assessment that needed to be completed within 30 days of receiving the notification. There are generally 7 questions with 60 minutes time limit. The questions are tough! Make sure to practice it at least for 20-25 days before taking the test.

Interview Questions

• Lock mechanism, coding questions(some are easy) , concurrency, algorithms   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and rude. I had a UI person interview me on systems concepts, and the interviewer did not know how to explain these concepts despite understanding that I hadn't had significant experience/coursework with systems concepts. He did not help when I asked for hints or clarification questions, and was receiving text messages during the interview. Would not be surprised if it was the interviewer's first time conducting an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

An absolute waste of time . Should have read the reviews here before wasting my time on the interviews here . Also while all the people i spoke to were friendly met one really arrogant and rude person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online, completed a HackerRank challenge and was brought onsite for a first round interview with 2 engineers. The questions were standard, both of them have been mentioned here before for Pure Storage. The interviewers were really friendly and the process felt more like a conversation than an interview. I was invited back for a final round interview with the team I was interested in joining. The questions were a bit harder and a few of them were different than anything I'd been asked before. Again, the interviewers were more interested in my thought process and problem solving ability than judging how well I wrote code on the whiteboard. I felt like I really learned a lot through just interviewing. All the interviewers had only good things to say about the company and culture and I could tell it was an excellent place to work. The recruiters were very accommodating of my schedule and other deadlines and I received an offer the next day. I would definitely recommend Pure Storage for anyone looking for interesting work, an excellent culture, and competitive benefits.

Interview Questions

• Can't talk about specific questions because of NDA. They asked a lot of questions about concurrency and multithreading, a systems design question, a question related to the quickselect algorithm, and a few of the standard Pure Storage questions that have already been mentioned here. I thought all of the questions were really unique and fun.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Approached by their sourcer. Then worked with the recruiter. Here is the process: Hackerrank 1 coding question, 1 find the error and fix question and 10 MCQs. 1st Round with 2 Engineers. 2nd Round with 3 Engineers

Interview Questions

• I won't talk about the specifics. But I can say there were NO buddy bitmap or counting Palindromic substrings questions. Concurrency related to CB was there. Draw a certain geometry shape was there. And a certain C++ concept memory layout was there too.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

Two phone conversations with the recruiter, one online Hackerrank quiz, one phone screen, one 4-hour onsite interview. During the onsite, most of the interviewers were polite and professional, however, one of them was rude. The culture at Pure Storage is not for me. Adios!

Interview Questions

• Most questions asked were unrelated to my previous job experiences. Interviewers did not want to look at my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

The people in Pure Storage are very nice, when you apply, they'd like to give an Online Test. After you pass that, you're invited to phone interview. You need to code online and talk with interviewer via phone. They will ask why you use what you wrote.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Got an email for a phone interview. Introduced then straight to 2 coding questions on the phone. I solved both questions correctly and read out each line of the codes on the phone. Kinda weird, haven't done that before. Then interviewer asked follow up questions after the coding functions. I thought I did very well.
    One week later, I got a rejection email saying that the experience on my resume is not an ideal fit for that role. Why wasted my time and theirs if my resume was not a good fit in the first place, and even if I answered all the questions correctly? Oh well..

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

60 minute online assessment:

The quiz is composed of 7 questions that vary between multiple choice, sentence completion, and coding.

3 phone interviews and an onsite, ranging from conversational to technical

Interview Questions

• concurrency, algorithms, math, reasoning, data structures, and CS fundamentals (debugging and coding).   1 Answer