Pure Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Recruiter call, One phone call, two onsite interviews. the process took 3/4 week to start and close. overall the experience was good.I had applied online.onsite i had one stress interview as well.

Interview Questions

• On my CV, Previous projects, Why Pure, and a lot of product questions   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

The process was very pleasant.
    Expectations were set and interviewers were very friendly, they made me feel comfortable and confident. They showed respect and at the end gave me feed back on how I did in the process.

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pure Storage in August 2017.

Interview

Firstly did a 12-question online assessment. All multiple choice or space question. This company focuses on a lot of multi-thread and bottom level knowledge. After that got a telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• They gave two function API, register() and event_fire(). register is used for register callbacks, e.g. register(cb1),and event_fire() is like a trigger, once the event_fire() is called all registered callbacks will be executed. And they ask you to give a solution to make this process correct.   1 Answer

Travel and Expense Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

I applied online. Process was long. 5 weeks. a couple of telephone interviews followed up by onsite interviews in Mountain View and a couple of video interviews. Kept delaying their decision without any answers in the end (yes or no). Lack of follow up and communication. Seemed disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of Concur Expense and Nexonia   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Testing consisted of 1 automated coding test/quiz, 2 phone screens, live interviews with 3 developers and 1 manager.

Everyone I worked with was really friendly and relaxed. Questions were more/less standard but with some interesting twists so they're not completely cookie cutter.

The whole process was actually pretty fun. Liked what I heard about their products and the company culture.

Did not get the offer. The mentioned twists threw me off and I borked the responses - fair and square.

Interview Questions

• Thready concurrency, variant of 3-sum, implement an all op O(1) set, can't remember the others.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called to check if I was interested in interviewing with them. Completed OA. Then first onsite was arranged for 2 hours. Everybody was very friendly and helpful. Interview went very well but still got rejection. Dont know what are they looking for.

Interview Questions

• Buddy bitmap clear bit and event handler   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

They take interviews as a pass time for their engineers. In almost all my interviews they had 1-2 extra interviewers who were shadowing. Overall experience was bad and most of the interviewers came out rude and having inflated attitude. Most of the crowd is straight out of college and it seemed like they have little cooperation among themselves.
    I have spent 10+ years in the storage industry, and Pure storage comes out as more talk and less substance. Technology is very average and they are solving the same problems EMC has solved long time back. Their culture seems miserable to me... their are better companies and technologies to work on (working on storage would not help you with the jobs of future).

Interview Questions

• Almost all questions are from glassdoor. They are looking for speed... I answered all questions correctly but the feedback I got was that I took longer to finish the code.

Q1) Skyline problem
      Q2) Easy ques on variant of quicksort partition
      Q3) Locking and Synchronization between threads
      Q4) Manager round.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

OA using HackerRank - I didnt like it as the time it took for me to upload, compile and check code was not accounted for anywhere. 12 questions in one hour.

Interview Questions

• 1. Coding: Delete all the nodes in a singly linked list whose value matches a given input
      2. Some bug fix
      3. MCQ's - mostly what fresh grad students can recall instantly. I tried to recall many things about grammar etc which I studied 14 years ago.   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First was HackerRank Challenge
    1) Delete Node in a linked list (make sure to free memory if using C or C++)
    2) debugging a code and correcting it
    and some MCQ.
    Next step is phone Interview
    They basically ask the same question to everyone
    'Interviewer called on time, I had a problem understanding his accent.When I asked him to repeat the requirements he was like 'I already told you twice' :o.
    Question: Write 2 functions event_fired and reg_cb
                                     event_fired()
    ------------------------------------------------------------------->time
          | | cb1() |
          | | cb2() |
       reg_cb(cb1) reg_cb(cb2) reg_cb(cb3)
                                                      cb3()
    Hint: you have to keep track of what callback functions have been registered by the time event fires and call all of them at once, after the event fires if any callbacks are registered in the future then make a call to that callback function.

Business Planning Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

It is a phone interview scheduled in the morning about one and a half year ago. The interviewer called about 10 min late. He was not patient when listening to my answers and interrupted me several times. A rude interviewer.

Interview Questions

• You work in a big company. Why do you want to work for Pure Storage?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

After initial screen with a recruiter, I had a phone screen with an engineering manager to do a technical interview. Once I passed that, I had an in-person meeting with the hiring manager. After that went well, they scheduled a half-day interview with six others: three more senior managers and three peers. Slots were 45 minutes each. At the end, the recruiter did a follow-up to find out if I had any questions. The recruiter contacted me numerous times to give me updates on their decision process. All handled very professionally.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer posed a design question: how would you improve the user interface to your car?   1 Answer