Pure Storage Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 503 of over 503 interviews

Campus Recruiting13%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

Arranged an interview with the recruiter and during the interview time they emailed me to reschedule. Didn’t call me for the rescheduled time and never responded to my email following up to find out what happened.

Interview Questions
  • None. Didn’t even get to do a screening, recruited ghosted me
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pure Storage (San Francisco, CA) in May 2022

Interview

- Recruiter call (Initially the recruiter only mentioned that there will be only two virtual onsites (skipped the online assessment after mentioning the horrible experience I had last time)) - Onsite #1 : Data structure/Coding (for questions, just look at other posts, they really have not changed their question) - Onsite #2: Concurrent Programming (Coding) After passing these, recruiter revealed three more onsite interview and asked for my availability - Onsite #3: System Design (more of program design, nothing like the usual system design questions, did not feel like it was meant for a senior level engineer) - Onsite #4: Data structure/Coding -Onsite #5: Interview with the team Manager All the people I met during the interviews were polite and humble. Technical interviews were taken mostly my junior engineers. Recruiter called 2 days later with "No Hire" result mentioning that the feedback was all positive but not hiring. Someone here had mentioned this in the interview experience they had that, they are not really hiring, but only let their junior engineers take interviews, my experience was also pretty much like that. Also none of the questions were new, pretty much everything has been mentioned here in previous interview experiences.

Interview Questions
  • - Clear Bits (Buddy Bit Map) - System with one event and multiple listeners - Design/Implement Set

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

210.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Pure Storage~364364
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Prague) in May 2022

Interview

After the HR interview I got an hackerrank assignment with 2 simple coding questions and 9 multiple choise questions. It was easy but I could not pass the hackerrank. If I passed I would have joined 2 other interview with engineers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pure Storage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

6 zoom interviews, 45 mins each, and a recruiter screening call. Dozens of hours spent researching company, products, messaging. Informed them that I received an offer from another company after interview #5. They told me I was the top candidate, they didn’t want to lose me, I was the only candidate being scheduled for the last step, and that they would make it worth my while to wait for a few days and will have a decision right after that interview. So I risked it and slow-walked my other offer. Then they couldn’t get the last interview scheduled for over a week, pressured me to stall my other offer, and after that interview (day 11) said they still need to interview another candidate (wtf??!) in two days (day 13). So, after two weeks of being in limbo and almost causing me to lose my other offer, was told they were offering the other candidate, giving them less than 24 hrs to respond, and would call me if they didn’t accept. I told them to never mind. Through their chicanery, Pure Storage not only jeopardized me losing out on a great offer from another company, they were going to put immense pressure on the (un)fortunate candidate to accept immediately or the offer would be rescinded. Pure Storage evidently sees potential employees as quite disposable, is ambivalent to the negative effects of their painfully slow and arduous process, and will demand immediate action on your part if they do bestow an offer upon you. Would steer clear. There are so many other companies which will value you as a person, instead of as a resume to fill their job req.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

Five interviews over the course of two months. Lengthy interviews, strong buying signals received. Then: ghosted. I invested a great deal of time between the interviews, research, and prep. Tacky behavior on their part. It takes seconds to send a quick email from an applicant tracking system. Avoid.

Interview Questions
  • - what interested you in this position? - what is your proudest professional accomplishment? - tell me about a specific time you did X

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

Recruiter phone call, ~30 mins. 2 phone interviews, 1 hour for each, both are technical interviews via zoom video Received feedback 2 days after phone interview. 3 onsite interviews, 1 hour for each, two technical interviews via zoom video and one behavior interview Received feedback 1 week after interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

4 rounds of interviews, 1 coding challenge (1.5 hours) 2 technical interviews (2 hours each), 1 behavioral (2.5 hours) . They asked pretty difficult questions but they were very accommodating throughout the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Prague) in Mar 2022

Interview

4 coding interviews and 1 cultural fit and a recruiter call after every step. - They are trying to copy the hiring process from FAANGs but not in a good way. - Interviews were easy. - Recruiters were friendly and prompt in response. - The main missing ingredient is the technical competence here. I would not bother reapplying. My suggestion to them would be, remember that evaluation is bi-directional. The candidate is also evaluating you during the process. Please ensure you show what you speak during the process (Eg: Openness to ideas or collaboration etc) Some of the red flags I observed during the process: - Met a director who talked only bad things about his previous employer for about 10 mins in a 40 min interview) - Met a principle engineer who works in data deduplication and replication across the cluster. After finishing my exercise in first 30 mins and started discussing advanced topics upon interviewer's request, I understood that he has no idea about Hash / Merkel trees which are very commonly used in replication of data changes across the nodes in the cluster. Always pushed me the answers that he was expecting and did not care to listen to any different solution. - Met a senior engineer who is working on build automation tool. Once I completed my given exercise in 20 mins and we started discussing how we do the build management for a real world system. The guy has no idea about Directed Acyclic Graphs (DAGs), topological sorting etc. These are very commonly used in automatic build systems to build dependency graphs, determine which builds could be executed in parallel and in which order. Its ok if he does not know, but the feed back that I got was that, I chose complex solutions. It actually confirmed my reservations. These are the reason for me to feel that they lacked technical competence.

Interview Questions
  • - Regex for matching a pattern - Renaming directories in a directory tree - Identifying concurrency issues - Automating a build process given list of source files - Optimizing the data storage by avoiding multiple copies.

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. Despite the slip up with one interview (technical issue with email not being sent), the interviews were conducted with thoughtful questions that appealed to specific roles on your resume. Always knew what the next step was in the process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Prague

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Prague) in Feb 2022

Interview

2 rounds of coding interviews (like leetcode problems) 4 rounds with hiring managers/directors 1 round with HRBP additional rounds for clarifications Hiring managers are obviously busy: it can take days to have a round scheduled

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 503 Interviews

Pure Storage Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Pure Storage as 46.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.23 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Technical Support Engineer and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Pure Storage takes an average of 22 days when considering 492 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Technical Support Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 35 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Pure Storage according to 492 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 31.90%