Pure Storage Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 459 of over 459 interviews

Campus Recruiting14%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

Submitted resume and received a coding challenge. Afterwards there was a casual phone interview with the recruiter followed by a couple rounds of technical interviews. The members who interview are very nice and helpful!

Interview Questions
  • Standard coding challenge questions about algorithms and data structures.
    Answer Question

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

Applied on Linkedin. Recruiter contacted me 3 months after applying. Set up and took Hacker Rank test. Following day was contacted to schedule Zoom call interview. Scheduled via online scheduler.

Interview Questions
  • Was told Storage experience was not required as they would be training in that area. Interview proceeded to be 90% technical storage questions. other 10% were questions related to Linux commands and what they do as well as basic Networking.

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

Regular slow interview process, on average one interview in 2 weeks. Typical questions specific to the role. Ghost you after 4 rounds of interviews from recruiter to VP. No feedback provided.

Interview Questions
  • Interview is focused on your past experience and how it fits the role.

Pure Storage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage in Apr 2021

Interview

In case you're wondering what Pure does, they design storage hardware and software built around Flash memory, which presents unique technical challenges. As a result, they have a need for engineers all the way from the very lowest level, to high level application code. Due to having a technical co-founder from the beginning, they have a transparent culture which includes engineers in every level of decision making. From the outset, Pure makes it clear that they hire generalists and the interviews are pretty indicative of their problem-solving culture. Recruiter was good about following up and accommodating getting me thru the process before an offer expired. Interviewers were all enthusiastic if you asked the right questions. It went smooth, and no complaints honestly. If you apply during the wrong time in the planning cycle, it might take some time to identify which team you're placed on and get the offer, which is why I didn't end up accepting their offer.

Interview Questions
  • Technical: Pure has a few standard questions that they recycle, and the interviewers are trained to walk you through. Begins with a coding portion, and you are asked to improve it or ask how you would deal with a more complicated case at a high level. One about identifying whether points form a cube, one about locks, and some more. Behavioral: The interviewers usually jump right into it. One part of the on-site is the reverse interview where you get to ask any questions you want, either an engineer or a manager.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA)

Interview

Completed Hackerrank assessment, which consisted of mc and coding questions. Interview consists of 3 rounds, the first 2 being 1 hr coding challenges and the last being 3hrs of 3 coding challenges. Coding challenges were more discussions of trade offs and explaining why certain decisions are made in the exercises.

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode, OS, threads, scheduling, networking, pretty much wide range of CS topics

Pure Storage

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage in Mar 2021

Interview

The first step is to finish an Online Assessment with Hackerrank. The candidate should finish these questions within 75 minutes which includes 11 questions. There are 2 coding questions and 9 multiple choices.

Interview Questions
  • the coding challenge is related to some popular algorithms.
  • give you some pixels to calculate some possible results

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

15min recruiter call then 1hr technical telephone screen to solve 1 or 2 technical questions which is common in tech industry. There is min 30 word requirement hence I am filling up the space

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode hard. I didnt felt like it was interview. The person on other hand kept on telling me dont worry about this and that. Focus on (a) (b) (c). While doing those asks he will then do same things. In my 1hr call that person kept talking like 40mins. Be prepared to waste your time with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pure Storage (San Jose, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Recruiter arranges an interview with the hiring manager, but on that appointed day there shows up another junior guy. He asks how to call two API provided in a library, single threaded single CPU. I really can not figure out what's his intention. And later I am told they would not continue. That's the most uncomfortable interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • how to call two API from a library in single thread single CPU.

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

Multi step interview proces: 1. Coding challenge 2. First round of technical interviews 3. 2nd round of technical interviews I passed the first round of technical interviews but did not get an offer after the second round

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Pure Storage

Application

I interviewed at Pure Storage

Interview

OA then followed with a phone interview. The interviewer tells me the question and ask me to write some code in the editor. Then he asked some followed up question relating to race conditions and locks and ask me to revise my code to solve that issue.

Interview Questions
  • How to place locks and unlock them so that there would be no race conditon?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 459 Interviews