Pure Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pure Storage Interview Questions

Interviews at Pure Storage

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

The process was okay. The interviewer (a director) was way out of his depth and had no understanding of memory barriers, crash resiliency and/or transactions. He kept saying okay and right to everything I said. Did not oppose or counter anything.

I got a bad feeling during the interview that they were not looking to hire cutting edge employees or even had cutting edge work. If you just want to get yourself parked, consider this company. The HR is however hopeless. They will reach out to you and then stay silent for months and then remember you all of a sudden. The communication and transparency just don't exist.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

I have applied through on LinkedIn. I have received a hacker rank test the next day. Hacker Rank test has 9 problems which includes calculating run time of programs and couple of coding challenges.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (New York, NY).

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I have gone through. Questions were all unique, engineers collaborated with you in the thought process, and was overall more enjoyable.

Engineering talent is definitely high quality and very communicative. Encouraging of internal mobility and career growth opportunities.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pure Storage in June 2020.

Interview

Within two days of applying, I received a HackerRank coding challenge. They did not move forward with my application post the challenge. It was a minute challenge with multiple choice and coding questions.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

Applied Online and received a hackerRank within a week. 9 questions with an hour to complete. Some multiple choice and some coding. Basic data structure/algorithm questions and some memory questions

Interview Questions

• LRU Cache seek time problem   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage in May 2020.

Interview

Even though I was late to the interview process (the job had been posted about 3 weeks prior to me submitting), a recruiter scheduled a call with me to review the position. They went over the company's culture, on-boarding process and training, and were very clear about salary.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pure Storage in May 2020.

Interview

Hackerrank test and then phone call. Both focused a lot on OS and caching. DSA questions were pretty straightforward. A lot of focus on optimization your final answer. Be prepared of ways to improve the final space time complexity

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Just as the people saying, they are not really hiring, they let their young staff practice interview. a trash company without respect to others. every year they sent me email to join their interview.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

very good interview process, took 2 weeks . Had one onsite interview after initial phone screening. No coding questions in my interview. Questions are about networking and SAN

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Chicago, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences I've ever gone through. Was planned to be a 8:30 am to 5 pm all day group interview with 25 other finalists through Zoom, while also being told that we would be told by the end of the day if we received the job or not. Ended up not starting until around 9:30, had a brief Q and A session and then introductions, which took us to around 11:30 am. Then had two group exercises that went until about 1. The afternoon is when it became ridiculous and unprofessional. The afternoon had slots set up between 3 and 5 for individual interviews, for 20 minutes a piece. By the end, these interviews ended up being pushed back by over an hour, without many updates. At around 4, we were told to come back online at 5:45 to learn the outcome. At that time we were told to come back at 6:45 to learn the outcome. Remember, we were told this entire day would end at around 5 pm. At 6:45 we were told that management would return to the call any minute to let us know the final decision. Finally at 7:30, we were told that the decision was too difficult for them to make and the day too long, and we'd receive calls individually that night or the next morning. I never received a call, and had to reach out to their recruiting team days later to learn the outcome. Also, no apologies from the company along the way in any way, shape or form. In the end, if you're invited to an assessment day, virtual or in person, be aware that they don't care how long it takes and be ready for a nearly 12 hour interview process.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you dealt with rejection and how did you learn from that?   Answer Question