Pure Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Recruiter call, One phone call, two onsite interviews. the process took 3/4 week to start and close. overall the experience was good.I had applied online.onsite i had one stress interview as well.

Interview Questions

• On my CV, Previous projects, Why Pure, and a lot of product questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

Two phone conversations with the recruiter, one online Hackerrank quiz, one phone screen, one 4-hour onsite interview. During the onsite, most of the interviewers were polite and professional, however, one of them was rude. The culture at Pure Storage is not for me. Adios!

Interview Questions

• Most questions asked were unrelated to my previous job experiences. Interviewers did not want to look at my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

The people in Pure Storage are very nice, when you apply, they'd like to give an Online Test. After you pass that, you're invited to phone interview. You need to code online and talk with interviewer via phone. They will ask why you use what you wrote.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Got an email for a phone interview. Introduced then straight to 2 coding questions on the phone. I solved both questions correctly and read out each line of the codes on the phone. Kinda weird, haven't done that before. Then interviewer asked follow up questions after the coding functions. I thought I did very well.
    One week later, I got a rejection email saying that the experience on my resume is not an ideal fit for that role. Why wasted my time and theirs if my resume was not a good fit in the first place, and even if I answered all the questions correctly? Oh well..

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

60 minute online assessment:

The quiz is composed of 7 questions that vary between multiple choice, sentence completion, and coding.

3 phone interviews and an onsite, ranging from conversational to technical

Interview Questions

• concurrency, algorithms, math, reasoning, data structures, and CS fundamentals (debugging and coding).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me. 1st round was a Hackerrank link with 2 coding questions and 10 MCQs. The questions were simple. Onsite #1 right after followed by onsite #2. 2 days later I got a reject saying the feedback was positive, the interviewers liked me but they felt I did not have the relevant experience. Wasn't that obvious from my resume?

Interview Questions

• Same questions already listed by other candidates, like drawing a circle, designing the memory layout with C++ multiple inheritance and virtual functions, reversing the contents of a file, etc   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Had a coding challenge for 60 minutes. Still waiting for the next steps. The recruiter who emailed me was very nice. I hope to be able to get an offer.

Tech Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Where do I begin with this one...

Got an email from the recruiter, after going back and forth between her and the director of support, finally got an interview with tech support since they declined me for the tech support manager after being qualified with 7+ years.

Since they didn't have a tech support manager or an hiring manager, I was stuck with talking with two of their support people. The one was complete silence and the other did most of the talking.

In the end, I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply here, if you read the past reviews of this company, you can see why. Loved how the recruiter used many templates instead of just writing out an email to discuss things as well as going back and forth with the director of support as being the middle person.

Why have two tech support agents do the interview instead of a formal interview with a manager/hiring manager?!? Make sure you have your ducks lined up in a row first before doing anything else, clearly poor upper management style/process they have.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

Got an invite to a 60 minute long Hackerrank challenge. Consisted of one coding question involving Linked List manipulation, one fix the logic error coding problem, and 10 multiple choice questions. The coding questions had hidden inputs/outputs, so if a case came back as failed, you have to figure out why without knowing what the input was.

Interview Questions

• remove all elements from linked list with "n" as their value   2 Answers

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Total interview time was long.
    Recruiter interview = 15 minutes
    Phone technical interview = 45 minutes
    Onsite technical = 1.5 hours.
    Onsite personality interview = 1 hour

I did fantastic in the phone technical interview.
    I did pretty well in the onsite technical interview. I didn't do perfect but pretty well.
    I even did a ton of SAN cramming so I was able to answer much of those questions.

.. My work experience, knowledge, and college degree made we very well qualified.
    .. I have over 12 years of total technical support experience with 6 of those supporting enterprise products
    ... Even a little enterprise storage experience.
    .... I also have two promotions on my resume (positions supporting enterprise products).

So what disqualified me?
    Why was I not offered a position?
    Who knows.....but it surely wasn't lack of technical ability, experience, or education.

Probably some lame random thing in the personality interview one or more of the managers didn't like.

** my advice to applicants **

If you are going to apply at purestorage, just be aware that you can be fantastically qualified for the job, totally bust off your butt preparing for the technical interviews (like I did), do pretty well, but still get turned down due to some mysterious personality thing.

** Advice to hiring managers **

If you are going to put a rediculously high focus on the "personality" of the candidate, then you need to make that the first interview on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Lots of networking stuff. Make sure you are solid on subnetting. Make sure you did SAN cramming.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (New York, NY).

Interview

Online accessment, then invite on-site, no phone screen. Answered questions and follow up correctly, but no offer. As others said seems they keep inviting people on-site for fun and train their engineers.

Recuieter and interviews are friendly though.