Pure Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Recruiter call, One phone call, two onsite interviews. the process took 3/4 week to start and close. overall the experience was good.I had applied online.onsite i had one stress interview as well.

Interview Questions

• On my CV, Previous projects, Why Pure, and a lot of product questions   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Total interview time was long.
    Recruiter interview = 15 minutes
    Phone technical interview = 45 minutes
    Onsite technical = 1.5 hours.
    Onsite personality interview = 1 hour

I did fantastic in the phone technical interview.
    I did pretty well in the onsite technical interview. I didn't do perfect but pretty well.
    I even did a ton of SAN cramming so I was able to answer much of those questions.

.. My work experience, knowledge, and college degree made we very well qualified.
    .. I have over 12 years of total technical support experience with 6 of those supporting enterprise products
    ... Even a little enterprise storage experience.
    .... I also have two promotions on my resume (positions supporting enterprise products).

So what disqualified me?
    Why was I not offered a position?
    Who knows.....but it surely wasn't lack of technical ability, experience, or education.

Probably some lame random thing in the personality interview one or more of the managers didn't like.

** my advice to applicants **

If you are going to apply at purestorage, just be aware that you can be fantastically qualified for the job, totally bust off your butt preparing for the technical interviews (like I did), do pretty well, but still get turned down due to some mysterious personality thing.

** Advice to hiring managers **

If you are going to put a rediculously high focus on the "personality" of the candidate, then you need to make that the first interview on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Lots of networking stuff. Make sure you are solid on subnetting. Make sure you did SAN cramming.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

Got an invite to a 60 minute long Hackerrank challenge. Consisted of one coding question involving Linked List manipulation, one fix the logic error coding problem, and 10 multiple choice questions. The coding questions had hidden inputs/outputs, so if a case came back as failed, you have to figure out why without knowing what the input was.

Interview Questions

• remove all elements from linked list with "n" as their value   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (New York, NY).

Interview

Online accessment, then invite on-site, no phone screen. Answered questions and follow up correctly, but no offer. As others said seems they keep inviting people on-site for fun and train their engineers.

Recuieter and interviews are friendly though.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

the process was great. the interviewer was very helpful! I was stuck at some point but the interviewer guided me patiently. Finally I got the correct answer. and I just got a call to move to next step.

Interview Questions

• Event fire: first ask you too add stuff to queue, once a fire function is called, just release all the items in queue.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pure Storage in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter call, One phone call, two onsite interviews. the process took two weeks to start and close. overall the experience was good.I had applied online.onsite i had one stress interview as well.

Travel and Expense Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Cottonwood Heights, UT).

Interview

Corporate recruiter contacted me via phone and LinkedIn messaging. Set up phone interview with Vice President. Phone interview was mostly the VP advising of current situation. When asked how long I thought the global roll out should take (I responded 3 year plan) she seemed surprised.

Travel and Expense Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage.

Interview

There were multiple phone interviews with the recruiter and hiring manager, one video chat interview with Finance in Ireland, and then I flew to Mountain View for multiple in-person interviews with the CFO, Controller, Treasurer, Finance Manager, and Internal Auditer. The in-person interview in CA was well organized, flights were flawless, great communication, and overall I felt it was run very well. I was told prior to my interview that Pure was casual. Most everyone wore jeans, including the CFO. I did not wear a suit, but still felt a bit overdressed in dress slacks and a blouse. I received a personal call from the recruiter letting me know they were going to continue to look at other applicants, focusing on applicants with more experience with Concur. I literally work with clients implementing Concur every day in my current role, so perhaps they are looking for someone with more experience using and administering Concur as a client.

Interview Questions

• Since you will be based in Utah and we are all based here, how will we know you are working?   1 Answer
    • What is the most complicated project you have ever worked on.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever implemented Concur as a client? Have you ever been a Concur Administrator?   Answer Question
    • Are you applying for this role because you are feeling pushed or because there is a pull?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe this role?   Answer Question
    • What are the priorities, as you see them, for this role?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever launched a TMC RFP?   Answer Question
    • Do you think a TMC can really save a company a lot of money, if so, how much? Do you think we need a TMC?   Answer Question
    • Are you prepared for the small and mundane work that also comes with this role ?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Sheer waste of time. The recruiter asks me to submit the online quiz and then later rejects me because of my resume.

I had to follow up a couple of times before and after the quiz just to get the recruiter's attention .

Interview Questions

• 1) Can you give the online coding quiz?
      2) Two coding questions and 10 linux/unix based MCQs.

Did I mention sheer waste of time?   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

got a hacker rank challenge. After that there were 2 phone screens where they asked coding problems related to concurrency and programming efficiency. Then an onsite where there was 3 engineers that asked you technical questions. They were algorithm questions. Got a response the next day saying no. The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• bitmap buddy question   Answer Question
    • make a function that draws a circle of radius R   Answer Question
    • make set data structure with add, remove, clear, lookup, and iterator in constant time, iterator can be O(size)   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pure Storage in December 2017.

Interview

I applied and was later given an online coding challenge. I had an hour to solve an eight question quiz on HackerRank. Some of the questions were straightforward, the most difficult ones had to do with concurrency and bit calculations.