Pure Storage Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA | Glassdoor

Pure Storage Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of technical questions, hard level, interviewers focused on the communication and led you to improve the algorithm.
    The last round was with manager, no technical question, you can ask questions about PureStorage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out for me through Hackerrank and sent a link to online assignment. About 10 questions, 1 hour. Nothing crazy, but requires some attention. 2 very simple coding questions.
    The first onsite interview consists of two one-hour whiteboard coding questions, one-on-one. In hindsight, the questions are pretty simple, but I didn't pass. The interviewers are very friendly and helpful.
    The next step would be a 3.5 hours onsite interview.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Recruiter call, One phone call, two onsite interviews. the process took 3/4 week to start and close. overall the experience was good.I had applied online.onsite i had one stress interview as well.

Interview Questions

• On my CV, Previous projects, Why Pure, and a lot of product questions   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I have onsite interview two weeks ago. Spend two hours with two technical guys. That it. No update, no email, no notification after onsite interview. I mail several times to HR(?) but never reply to me. If you are finding a job and want to get response in short time, you can skip this company. They will not reply you no matter you are qulified or not.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter - waited 2 weeks to hear back for next steps and setting up phone interviews. Waited another week for in person interviews. I had to talk to 5 people on the phone and meet 4 people for face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Pure Storage?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

3 phone interviews followed by on site interviews in Mountain View CA. Started with 1:1 interview at a career fair, followed by 2 phone interviews. Discussed resume in detail.

Interview Questions

• Bit Buddy problem, locks, semaphore synchronization concepts. Threads management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Met at the career fair, where all interested students had to take a small quiz before even being considered. Then had an on-campus interview about concurrency and synchronization. Finally went on-site in Mountain View for two technical interviews (both 1 question each). Struggled more on the second question than I should have and probably why I wasn't offered the position, nonetheless the entire experience was enjoyable and would consider applying again.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took less than 3 weeks. Talked with them at career fair, where they had a small coding challenge. Moved on to an on campus interview, and then an onsite- everyone was super nice! I loved their engineering team. HR is great as well, they got back to me fast after each step.

Interview Questions

• They seem to like some systems questions for interviews (threading/locks/etc)   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Pure Recruitment coordinator through linkedIn for Storage hardware Engineer position followed by 2 round of phone interview (Hiring Manager and Director) . During Phone interview they were interested on my background since they are in the same field . Both Hiring Mgr and Director were from same background and from Sandisk . They liked my profile and wanted me to interview for onsite .

Onsite was scheduled by co-ordinator for back to back 2 days for around 9 hrs with 8 team members
    since I was located 3 hr drive from pure HQ , they asked to drive the interview day morning and interview later in the day and do the same next day and drive back . They didn't even consider to accommodate me for 2 nights even after requesting . Puritans claim to not have ego but I did notice egoism and arrogance in couple of interviewers . They claim they are disrupting the technology but looks like they have bunch of sales team ( ~1000 folks out of total 1500 employees , mostly hired from competitor EMC ) pushing couple of solutions which they claim to have. Engineering team is around ~200 and looks like after going public the only disruption is ppl .

Day 1 Interview : I drove onsite around Noon . They had asked to arrive after lunch hour . Interviewed with 5 team members on Software , storage technologies and behavioural round . Went back to hotel to prepare for 2nd day interview .

Day 2 Interview : Interview was supposed to start at 11 and run till 4 ish . I got a call from recruit coordinator saying the team decided not to proceed and you can head back . This was the pain part they could either told the previous evening or could have considered interviewing me with the rest of panel . Since One of round went bad they out rately told NO and didn't had courtesy to follow up .

After phone interview the coordinator was insisitng that hiring manager really liked my profile but onsite they didn't even had courtesy to finish the interview . To the best of my knowledge interview went well except 1 round where I and interviewer were going back and forth with problem statement.

Overall , I had an unpleasant experience with interview and wouldn't recommend anyone unless they are sure to expect something rude from the puritans . The shares have been going down after the company went public and looks like all disruption is done and this company is heading down to an acquisition for management to make big bucks ....

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Pure Storage corporate recruiter on an engineering manager position, then had a phone screening with the hiring manager, followed by two onsites, one technical round, one behavior/culture/management round.

The corporate recruiter is very energetic, cheerful, responsive, and meticulous. All appointments, being phone calls or onsites, were arranged and confirmed with follow-ups on time. Emails were replied quickly. Phone conversations and face-to-face talks with the recruiter were always pleasant, and you never felt being pressed.

The hiring manager is very smart, as one can sense from how he opened and organized the talk, and from his ability and willingness to explain topics candidly with lucidity.

The onsite rounds are also great. Managers and engineers who conducted the interviews were all courteous and professional, willing to give ample hints when solving technical questions. Looks like all of them are being trained how to conduct effective interviews and how to make candidates feel comfortable and not stressful.

The company goes extra miles to accommodate the candidate’s time schedule and needs. The hiring manager arranged an engineer for extra phone calls to answer my questions, a sort-of-like reverse-interview, which I appreciated a lot. The company made an expedited effort to extend an offer given that I need to make a decision on another offer.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. One can feel Pure Storage is a great company and the company treats candidates with high respect.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions. Some people management and project management questions.   Answer Question