Pure Storage Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pure Storage Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Online Test then Onsite interview. Recruiter was the best. I thought they need to put more experienced people in the loop who can judge other things also and not just the set solution( which I thought they already had set in their mind) to core problem. I don't like 'draw a circle question' , it gives no coding insight.

Interview Questions

• Draw a circle.   1 Answer
  • Virtual function memory lay out. Question related to synchronizations, just have your fundamentals clear here. Binary bit map question. See below doc for a compile of all question asked till July 2015.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Pure Storage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Mountain View, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

They will first ask you to take an online test. You need to be accurate there.
    I guess one ques they ask is if one can represent a floating point num exactly. Do brush up computer arch about this. No strange ques there.

Then they call you for 2 rounds of on-site interview (similar ques as posted by others).
    Then they call for another 4-5 rounds of on-site interview (again same old buddy bitmap ques).

Then they will go quite for couple of days and finally if you reach out to them, they will say "it was a difficult decision... you are great... but maybe later".

Based on my interview, I felt that these guys do not know whom they want to hire. They are just playing dice.
    One of the interviewer was getting some kind of sadistic pleasure by asking you to improve the structure of the code (if else cases).

Interview Questions

• Useless questions. They should definitely change their ques now. Everyone knows what they are asking.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Pure Storage in November 2012.

Interview

I was really impressed by the speed of response from everyone at Pure, including the CEO. Everything was clearly explained to me about the process. After taking the online test and phone screen, I was invited to a face-to-face interview in Mountain View.
    Having spent the last few years outside software engineering, I was concerned that I might suffer during the interviews.

However I was pleased to learn that the sorts of problems that I was given were of a general nature and the process was as much about the journey towards the solution than the solution itself. All interviews involved writing on the whiteboard and I thoroughly recommend trying to explain your thoughts, even when you haven't yet worked out what to write on the board.

I met 3 engineers and the CTO. Each interview was thought-provoking in its own way and I enjoyed the process, even though I was exhausted at the end of the day, and even with a lunch break with 2 more engineers at a local restaurant.

At the end of the face-to-face interviews I didn't get the job there and then, but with a bit of perseverance I got accepted!

Interview Questions

• From glassdoor I knew that there was a circle question and I had a stab at writing a program prior to the interview. That didn't really help me as the question was slightly different and again it was really about the process of arriving at the right answer rather than writing out a solution.
      All the other questions were unexpected and thought-provoking. I think the most difficult was the buddy-bitmap problem, mainly because it has so many facets. This is also the CTO's pet problem and it left me drained by the end of it. I was tired and by the end of it I could not think straight.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very happy with the offer I got and I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pure Storage (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Like another reviewer posted, I had the phone interview with C++. This was one of the most difficult C++ interview questions I had and I nailed it. So i was asked to come onsite interview. My first interview was a guy who looked fresh out of school and he started out with a graphics questions. It was pretty obvious that he did some graphics stuff before. I used some knowledge from my school algebra memories. But our dude here wont understand that I am trying to solve a problem I am not used to and grilled me for 1.5 hours. I solved most of the problems and then I got stuck in trying to figure out how to find the square root by integer calculations. And then I was walked out. I wanted to scream. I didnt see in the job description the need to be an expert in graphics.

I had never ever had a worse experience than this. I think the company have some wannabes who are trying hard to make the hiring process weird.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanjose (Nicaragua)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pure Storage (Sanjose (Nicaragua)) in September 2016.

Interview

they called me for theonlite ..kind of a telephonic. I have two rounds of Interview. In one round algorithm based questions . second round is operating system questions.the first question is buddy bit map and second round OS question. Threading problem in the operating system

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pure Storage in February 2011.

Interview

I got this interview through a recruiter.

This is the online test quiz that I was given by Pure Storage before the phone interview.

After completing this interview I had a phone interview with this company. The phone interview content is already on glassdoor.com described by another person that interviewed for this company.

Even though I thought I did well on the phone interview I was not offered an on-site interview.