Purolator Courier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.3

Sales Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Purolator Courier (Jericho, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

There has been 2 HR directors since I was hired, so not sure what the process is now, but even for an Admin you have to go all the way through the process to the President.

Negotiation

I had been laid off for a year, so I wasn't negotiating.

National Manager, Environmental Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Purolator Courier (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was brought in by a headhunter, the interview process was a normal behavioral interview where you talk about experiences, challenges, what you did and what the outcome was. This was typical for this industry and the company continued to train its managers on these kinds of behavioral interviews so I would expect that it is the same today.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of an experience you had where you had to collaborate with someone who was difficult.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Purolator Courier (Pickering, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Using an electronic booking system, I was invited to choose a time for an initial phone interview. This eliminated the phone tag that is often experienced at this stage and presented as a very sophisticated approach to acquisition. The Talent Acquisition Consultant was running late and sent an email to inform me. She was very friendly and her communication style and format made the interview a pleasant experience. We established that this role may not be the level best suited to my career however provided options for other positions with the company to review for this or future reference.

Interview Questions

• At this stage in the process, the questions were mostly logistical and included eligibility to work in Canada, no criminal record, able to work afternoon and evenings and salary expectations   Answer Question

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Purolator Courier (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Called for phone interview a week after applying. Then I was asked to go in for an in-person interview a week after that. I was asked mainly behavioral questions. The interviewer did not seem interested in conducting the interview and kept looking at the time. After the interview, it was mentioned that it would take 6-8 weeks to hire for the position which was very shocking for a 6 month contract position. 3 weeks after my in-person interview I had not heard back from the company. I had to email to follow up. I got a response with a generic email saying they are proceeding with another candidate. This was really unprofessional of the company to ask candidates to take time away from their jobs to come in for an interview and not have the courtesy to let them know that the position was filled. This really speaks to the culture of the company and I am glad I will not be working there.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Purolator Courier (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview with the HR, then met the HR in person and finally met the Inside Sales Hiring manager. My interview was rescheduled twice and the HR individual insist very knowledgeable of that department she is hiring for. She provided me different information in regards to the targets and numbers while when I started working there my manager made me sign another paper with new numbers based upon my territory analysis.

Interview Questions

• They have a booklet of behavioral questions they ask   1 Answer

Retail Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Purolator Courier (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

phone screening, followed by one on one in person interview, Background check then employment offer. The questions were lengthy. So be sure to draw from your past experiences.
    Example: how you would handle a difficult customer, good communication examples, Team work examples

Field Engineering Interview

Interview

I got a screening interview over the phone. I got my actual interview a week later. During the interview they've said that there will be a second round of interviews after this one. The interview was very easy, and the interviewers were kind and funny. Overall, good company and good people.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you demonstrated personal growth   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Purolator Courier (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very quick- process took two weeks or so but I went through a job agency. They were very quick in responding and the job agency gave me all the information to learn and know about Purolator

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Purolator Courier (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview with manager and then additional team members. Things may have changed since then. They may not have the kind of team I was on.

Interview Questions

• There were quite a few situational questions. Need to have good examples of how you deal with things and why.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Interview

2 person panel interview. Pretty much all behavioral questions. Pleasant atmosphere. Heard within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult experience with a customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question