PwC Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.1

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2014.

Interview

Competency based interview. Aptitude tests - verbal, numerical. Had to do a online aptitude test also. Interview over the computer. Then eventually interviewed by 3 People. Overall very difficult interview. Just about got through. For high level job

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in strategy terms   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview

At first there was a phone interview in which i was asked basic personality questions. Then on the 1:1 interview, i was presented with detailed math and analytical questions and i had to answer those correctly. with the group interview i got to meet other candidates and prepare a presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Employee contacted me and I sent my resume including my college transcripts. Phone interview followed. Basic questions about the company. The interviewer gave more of a description about the job. Was called in for a 1 on 1 interview after. Met with a few managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced and how did you sollve it?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC in July 2009.

Interview

I felt the interview process was very unfair. I wasn't given the opportunity to discuss my experience and suitability for the role in any great detail. The interviewer had made up his mind early in the interview that I wasn't going to be hired and I don't think I could have done anything to change his mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

Overall, the experience you get with PwC is going to be very professional, which reflects upon their culture. Nice people, but not particularly warm. I interned there over the summer, and did not enjoy my engagement team. I am actually very torn between Deloitte and PwC as one has better culture and the later has a larger client base in New York (and the Mid town location is not bad either)
    They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current economic trends just to see if you have been keeping up. Comparing to other firms, their interview questions focused less on the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think caused today's economic meltdown? Do you think stricter regulation will prevent that?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2013.

Interview

1. Online application. Normal process in filling out application with a series of questions relating to your motivations for working for the company.
    2. Online testing. Cognitive and English manner testing.
    3. Assessment Center. Given a problem in group setting to solve with PwC employees watching behaviour.
    4. Partner and Manager interview. Behavioural questions in STAR format and ambitions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions including leadership, teamwork, conflict etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Take it or leave it.

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied online via careers website. Had phone interview with someone from Talent Acquisition, interview was for 45mins. A lot of behavioural questions, I think the interview could be cut shorter and questions asked were repetitive in nature.

Was scheduled for in-person interview the following day, person from PWC Talent Acquisition was very responsive and accommodating to my schedule.

Met with Hiring Manager the following week and interview was nothing formal more of a conversation, which made me very relaxed and provided a highly positive experience. I guess that is why telephone interview is so long, try to get the HR crap out of the way.
    I received a tour of the office and I was on my way.

Talent person followed up the next day in regards to how the interview went and I am currently awaiting to hear back from them.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

In person interview with one of the partners at the firm. He was really nice and easy to talk to and asked pretty basic questions, went through my resume, etc. He also asked what I knew about the local business community/environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Montclair, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long, took a really long time to hear from them after I applied. Got pushed to the virtual interview which I was really nervous about. But they only asked 3 questions and discussed office locations to work at.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, but got asked about my "low" gpa..   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Istanbul (Turkey)) in August 2013.

Interview

The entire process consists of two steps.
    First one is the group interview which takes roughly three hours. In this process, participants introduce themselves and describe their academical and professional background. There is one person from HR and two other from the related department. Participants are, then, given a case to study and present in front of the company staff. They are asked to give their decisions and results relating to the case study and support their argumentation. They will be challenged by some questions. Basically, the company staff evaluate your team work skills and how well you approach to a problem within a short period of time.

If you are chosen eligible for the second step, you will be invited to a one-to-one interview with a (senior) manager. In this step, they will ask you about your future goals, hard- and soft-skills, and assess your knowledge of English. Since I applied to grad level position, they did not stress too much on technical knowledge but stated that basic accounting knowledge is required.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite quote?   1 Answer