PwC Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.1

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2014.

Interview

Competency based interview. Aptitude tests - verbal, numerical. Had to do a online aptitude test also. Interview over the computer. Then eventually interviewed by 3 People. Overall very difficult interview. Just about got through. For high level job

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in strategy terms   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2013.

Interview

1. Online application. Normal process in filling out application with a series of questions relating to your motivations for working for the company.
    2. Online testing. Cognitive and English manner testing.
    3. Assessment Center. Given a problem in group setting to solve with PwC employees watching behaviour.
    4. Partner and Manager interview. Behavioural questions in STAR format and ambitions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions including leadership, teamwork, conflict etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Take it or leave it.

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied online via careers website. Had phone interview with someone from Talent Acquisition, interview was for 45mins. A lot of behavioural questions, I think the interview could be cut shorter and questions asked were repetitive in nature.

Was scheduled for in-person interview the following day, person from PWC Talent Acquisition was very responsive and accommodating to my schedule.

Met with Hiring Manager the following week and interview was nothing formal more of a conversation, which made me very relaxed and provided a highly positive experience. I guess that is why telephone interview is so long, try to get the HR crap out of the way.
    I received a tour of the office and I was on my way.

Talent person followed up the next day in regards to how the interview went and I am currently awaiting to hear back from them.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

In person interview with one of the partners at the firm. He was really nice and easy to talk to and asked pretty basic questions, went through my resume, etc. He also asked what I knew about the local business community/environment.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Average in person interview, an average experience meeting with the human resources director and also he rambled on and on about the company so on and so forth. Also did not get a good feeling from the other employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Montclair, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long, took a really long time to hear from them after I applied. Got pushed to the virtual interview which I was really nervous about. But they only asked 3 questions and discussed office locations to work at.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, but got asked about my "low" gpa..   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in April 2015.

Interview

i had overall 3 parts to go through, the first one was an english exam at university after which i received a phone call letting me know I passed, and assigning me an interview date.

At the first interview I was asked about my education, past employment, family and general activities. Then I was asked about different situation (theoretical) and how I would react/behave.
    Basically it was more of a character-test rather than a professional one.

The second interview was with a CEO of PWC. I was asked about the accounting profession in general, why i chose it, where i see myself in ten years and what my professional aspirations are.
    Because they are looking for interns at such an early stage of our studies (middle of the first year at university), they can't really ask questions regarding accounting but more about us as workers and people in general.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the accounting profession in general, why i chose it, where i see myself in ten years and what my professional aspirations are   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Istanbul (Turkey)) in August 2013.

Interview

The entire process consists of two steps.
    First one is the group interview which takes roughly three hours. In this process, participants introduce themselves and describe their academical and professional background. There is one person from HR and two other from the related department. Participants are, then, given a case to study and present in front of the company staff. They are asked to give their decisions and results relating to the case study and support their argumentation. They will be challenged by some questions. Basically, the company staff evaluate your team work skills and how well you approach to a problem within a short period of time.

If you are chosen eligible for the second step, you will be invited to a one-to-one interview with a (senior) manager. In this step, they will ask you about your future goals, hard- and soft-skills, and assess your knowledge of English. Since I applied to grad level position, they did not stress too much on technical knowledge but stated that basic accounting knowledge is required.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite quote?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

The interview was a pleasant experience. While there was "getting to know you" type questions in the beginning, the rest of the interview was mainly filled with behavioral questions. There was a phone interview with human resources, an interview with a manager and then a final interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses
      Why do you want to join PwC and not one of the other big 4   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

- very friendly welcome
    - offering of some cookies and drinks
    - short and quite personal introduction of the interview partners and also short introduction of myself
    - one hour of questions regarding accounting issues
    - questions regarding finance issues
    - questions about personal hobbies, esp. travelling
    - short conversation about the locations of possible clients
    - took about 80 minutes

Interview Questions

• To which places have you been so far? (Because of mention of travelling in my CV)   Answer Question
    • Possibilities of accounting of investments in start ups   Answer Question