PwC Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Accounting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

In person interview with one of the partners at the firm. He was really nice and easy to talk to and asked pretty basic questions, went through my resume, etc. He also asked what I knew about the local business community/environment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Accountant Interview

Interview

Average in person interview, an average experience meeting with the human resources director and also he rambled on and on about the company so on and so forth. Also did not get a good feeling from the other employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Montclair, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long, took a really long time to hear from them after I applied. Got pushed to the virtual interview which I was really nervous about. But they only asked 3 questions and discussed office locations to work at.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, but got asked about my "low" gpa..   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

Two people from the firm interviewed me, they were both very laid back and incredibly nice. After that I was selected for in office interviews. I have not yet had my in office interview but I am very excited because it sounds like a great place to work for.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to deal with a conflict at work and how it was resolved   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Interview

I got an interview through a recruiter. the interview was scheduled to meet with three people. most of the interview questions are very general such as going through my working experience, why accounting, why our comany and etc.

Interview Questions

• They gave me one situation question about how will you deal with dead line and how you prioritize.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Luxemburg, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Luxemburg, WI) in November 2012.

Interview

Candidate has to take a written test first. If you pass the written test, you will be invited to an assessment center in which you will be assessed in group discussion and presentation. Finally, you will be invited to partner interview if you succeed in the first two rounds.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Good

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Accounting firms have a steady supply of qualified candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Employee contacted me and I sent my resume including my college transcripts. Phone interview followed. Basic questions about the company. The interviewer gave more of a description about the job. Was called in for a 1 on 1 interview after. Met with a few managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced and how did you sollve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

Overall, the experience you get with PwC is going to be very professional, which reflects upon their culture. Nice people, but not particularly warm. I interned there over the summer, and did not enjoy my engagement team. I am actually very torn between Deloitte and PwC as one has better culture and the later has a larger client base in New York (and the Mid town location is not bad either)
    They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current economic trends just to see if you have been keeping up. Comparing to other firms, their interview questions focused less on the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think caused today's economic meltdown? Do you think stricter regulation will prevent that?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

The interview was a pleasant experience. While there was "getting to know you" type questions in the beginning, the rest of the interview was mainly filled with behavioral questions. There was a phone interview with human resources, an interview with a manager and then a final interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses
      Why do you want to join PwC and not one of the other big 4