PwC Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Newcastle, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Was 3 online assessments, one numerical, one verbal reasoning and one problem solving (complete the pattern type questions).

The next stage was a phone interview.

Then there was an assessment day where you had to write a short essay on a proposal you picked to maintain a city and state why this proposal was the best on the information you were given. Then a maths test which was very difficult due to the lack of time and then a group exercise where you are given theoretical money and have to debate on which made up company to invest in.

Interview Questions

• What has happened recently in business that caught your attention?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a campus interview at my university. After that I was asked to schedule a final round virtual interview. They set you up on google hangout and a principal asks you a questions.

Interview Questions

• What are PwC's main three branches   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Mumbai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The process is fairly basic. It starts with an online round( Data Interpretation and Verbal Reasoning), after which your profile is processed. Then, the company calls you for an offline assessment, followed by a group discussion. This is followed by two personal interviews at their Mumbai office. Note that they eliminate applicants after every round mentioned above.

Interview Questions

• The questions are competency based. So, experiences involving your leadership skills, how you work in a team, etc. need to be recounted.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruitment process. The first round is all behavioral questions, the second round is online video interview which is very technical. I was too nervous in the second round because the online signal was not good.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

It was an 30min WebEx Interview from a senior analyst from Vancouver. She was friendly but the first two questions were not what I was expecting. Then follows 4 more behavior questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you have to deal with target change in one of your projects   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted within a week of the application via email. Went to downtown office for a 30 min interview. Turned out to be almost 45 mins. Manager and Associate were very welcoming and easy to get along with. Very laid back and interested in personality more than qualifications

Interview Questions

• 1. What are 2 ways you had to change your communication methods.
      2. How did you learn and communicate a technical skill
      3. Conflict resolution
      4. How do you stay organized   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

On-campus interview followed by an on-site interview in Chicago, IL. The HR contact told me she would call me with in two weeks. I e-mailed her 5 times and called their office trying to contact them after the two weeks was up. The got back to me 4 weeks later. Thanks PwC.
    Had a panel of people we could talk to about full time work. No actuaries, all consultants. We were under the Tax people for some reason, apparently, we did not get our own department or area.

Interview Questions

The HR contact took look to contact me so I took a different offer.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

it was a campus interview. They are focused on SAS programming skills. We just went through my resume, and they asked questions about what's my future goal, and why I chose actuarial science as major. Also I got chance to ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

phone interview and then superday with 3 individual 1 one 1 interviews

Interview Questions

• how will you manage to take enough exams while taking on all these responsibilities on campus   Answer Question
    • what do you do in you free time   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

First of all, I got a call from a recruiting member and she interviewed me for roughly 20 mins, it's mostly going over my resume. Then I waited for two weeks before I got another invite to the office. The office visit is consisted of three 30 min interviews.