PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and comfortable process with enthusiastic interviewers. We finished the interview process first and then started talking about our interests. They were very nice about answering my questions about the company. Thanks to the nature of this process, I was able to connect at a personal level to the interviewers which may have been the deciding factor in my acceptance.

Interview Questions

• If you were a team lead and you find two team members disagreeing with each other to such an extent that it has started impeding the team dynamics and the work output, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • You have been working with a client and you are close to the project delivery date. You realise that some of the assumptions you made at the beginning were incorrect and some of the work you have done has become useless. What would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview with recruiter. Second round with manager on phone (behavioral). Third round flown out for super day which was just one behavioral and one case. They sent the case 48 hours before the interview so you have time to study. Process was slightly unorganized and I was not impressed with my behavioral interviewer. He grilled me on my knowledge of the pharma industry (applied as generalist) and what my favorite podcasts were (he went to a rival LAC which i think might have been why).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good, they are friendly, case interview and behavioral. Both were nice. Office is quite good in Chicago. The partner takes case interview and the director takes the behavioral one. So it is good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. There are all behavior questions. I was interviewed by two recruiter. And they asked similar questions. And let me to ask a lot questions. I think they may want the person to have more background about this position which called cybersecurity advisory. However, I did not have a lot background. So at the end, we did not have too many words. I do think the preparation of the behavior questions are pretty important and show the knowledge which is related to the job description!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process included two parts:

1: Two behavioral interviews on campus
    2: Case Interview and behavioral interviews on site (Chicago)

The first part included back to back interviews with current managers. The second part included a case study with a partner and another behavioral interview with a partner.

I heard back the same day as the second round interview in Chicago.

They paid for everything for the interview in Chicago

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus and consisted of a single behavioral/fit interview with a manager
    Second round was at the Chicago office and consisted of 2 behavioral/fit interviews and one case study. An overview of the case was send to us 48 hours before our interview, and on the day of the interview we were given 45 minutes to create a presentation to answer a business question also given the day of.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current events?
      Why do you want to be a consultant?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PwC (Evanston, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career website and I was invited to an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very nice and willing to answer any questions. The interview was a behavioral interview and it lasted about half an hour. The interviewer first explained to me the job I had applied for and what it entailed before he began the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you successfully managed to change the minds of a large group of people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

First round interview was a phone call with an HR rep. The second round interview was another phone call, this time with a director. For the final round interview, I was flown out to Chicago and had three behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a difficult task in a previous work experience and display my thought process in solving the problem (asked to draw out the steps on a whiteboard).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Two behavioral interviews and a technical interview. Given the reputation of the firm, it's to your advantage to meet the recruiters as early as possible in your college career. Essentially, if they don't recognize your name in the resume pile, your chances have diminished considerably. It's another advantage to apply for the the various summer programs or internships so that they're aware of who you are. The easiest interview track is to be accepted into an internship and then be offered the job at the end of the experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you worked with a team and there was tension in the group.   Answer Question