PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and had a 30 min phone interview with an employee. After the phone interview, I was invited to the super day in Chicago office. A few days before the super day (about 48 hours) I was emailed material for a case study. You could get familiarized with the case but wouldn't receive questions until the super day. The super day started with about an hour to prep a presentation to answer the questions that they give you. Then, current employees walk you around from interviewer to interviewer. I had 3 one-on-one interviews, and presented my case presentation to the last interviewer (other candidates presented to the first interview, some to the second). Mostly behavioral, situational questions aside from the case. I got a call a few days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work in a difficult group setting? How did you manage to succeed or work with each other?   1 Answer
  • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview with recruiter. Second round with manager on phone (behavioral). Third round flown out for super day which was just one behavioral and one case. They sent the case 48 hours before the interview so you have time to study. Process was slightly unorganized and I was not impressed with my behavioral interviewer. He grilled me on my knowledge of the pharma industry (applied as generalist) and what my favorite podcasts were (he went to a rival LAC which i think might have been why).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. There are all behavior questions. I was interviewed by two recruiter. And they asked similar questions. And let me to ask a lot questions. I think they may want the person to have more background about this position which called cybersecurity advisory. However, I did not have a lot background. So at the end, we did not have too many words. I do think the preparation of the behavior questions are pretty important and show the knowledge which is related to the job description!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PwC (Evanston, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career website and I was invited to an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very nice and willing to answer any questions. The interview was a behavioral interview and it lasted about half an hour. The interviewer first explained to me the job I had applied for and what it entailed before he began the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you successfully managed to change the minds of a large group of people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

First round interview was a phone call with an HR rep. The second round interview was another phone call, this time with a director. For the final round interview, I was flown out to Chicago and had three behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a difficult task in a previous work experience and display my thought process in solving the problem (asked to draw out the steps on a whiteboard).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

For as big as PwC is, I felt that they spent a very minimal amount of time with candidates. I think that is a mix of their ability to quickly judge fit and skills and because of how large the organization is. It was informative but was hard to get an idea of what I would be doing specifically.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked through a process from start to finish? Can you draw that process on the board for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview Process:
    Phone Interview with HR
    Phone Interview with Director (From the Practice)
    On-site Interview with Directors (4 Directors)

The phone interviews were basically just background check and discussions around career experiences. On-site interviews were job-related questions (process, technical skilss, etc).