PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. It consisted of 3 rounds. The second round was only somewhat technical in that I was asked how I felt about the federal governments involvement in the GM bankruptcy. Everything else asked was about my resume and personal life.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the government's role in the GM bankruptcy?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when your classmates were struggling with a certain issue and you provided insight that allowed everyone to find the solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated nothing.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

The people at PwC were great. The final interview day consisted of three one-on-one interviews where we just talked about my experiences and what it's like to work at the firm. They really tried to get to know me instead of simply asking scripted questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I didn't have a typical recruiting process. A friend of the family forwarded my resume on to the HR department at PWC and I was contacted via email about an initial phone screen. The phone screen took 30-45min with a Director in the Advisory practice. Three days later I received an email asking me to do an office visit in Chicago.

The office visit consisted of two days of activities. The first day/night was a dinner with recent hires as well as seniors in the Advisory practice. The following day was an office welcome, two interviews with a director and then a partner, an office tour and then a question/answer panel. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about my resume, class work, group projects etc. It was more of a conversational interview then anything which made the time go by very quickly.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked on a group project? What was the project? and describe the process from start to finish.   Answer Question
    • Why PWC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
    Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
    3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
    4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and comfortable process with enthusiastic interviewers. We finished the interview process first and then started talking about our interests. They were very nice about answering my questions about the company. Thanks to the nature of this process, I was able to connect at a personal level to the interviewers which may have been the deciding factor in my acceptance.

Interview Questions

• If you were a team lead and you find two team members disagreeing with each other to such an extent that it has started impeding the team dynamics and the work output, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • You have been working with a client and you are close to the project delivery date. You realise that some of the assumptions you made at the beginning were incorrect and some of the work you have done has become useless. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

For as big as PwC is, I felt that they spent a very minimal amount of time with candidates. I think that is a mix of their ability to quickly judge fit and skills and because of how large the organization is. It was informative but was hard to get an idea of what I would be doing specifically.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked through a process from start to finish? Can you draw that process on the board for me?   Answer Question

Associate Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received a call within a few days requesting a time for a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was basically general information about my resume and my experience within my role. It lasted about 20 minutes.

Within a week I was contacted again to schedule a phone interview with a manager on the team. The manager asked me several questions related to my experience, skills and tools I've used. He was very nice. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

After a few days I was contacted to schedule another 30 minute phone interview with the Director of the team. I believe normally canadiates only have 1 phone interview with a Director but for some reason I had both manager and Director. Director asked very similar questions to managerand was also nice.

A week later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I was a local canadiate so I did not need travel arrangements but they did offer to pay for air and hotel. When I arrived I was greeted by a host who took me to all 4 of my 30 minute interviews (1 partner, 1 manager, 2 directors). All of the interviews went very well with all questions around my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my offer, it was lower than expected.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, and helpful along the process. One of my favorite companies I've interviewed with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

First round interview was a phone call with an HR rep. The second round interview was another phone call, this time with a director. For the final round interview, I was flown out to Chicago and had three behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a difficult task in a previous work experience and display my thought process in solving the problem (asked to draw out the steps on a whiteboard).   Answer Question